- 1 Village Generation tuning -- Idgarad 01:23, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- 1.1 Re: Village Generation tuning -- Rasseru 09:48, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- 1.2 Re: Village Generation tuning -- Kaelond 15:18, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- 2 custom cultures,villagers,villages and buildings -- Kaelond 15:21, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- 3 The Nether and Aether discution -- Kaelond 16:32, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- 4 Ancient Greek Villages -- Keyblade522 01:35, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
- 5 Modern Village -- Edisn 09:21, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- 6 Villagers,progress bar, and village expantion -- Kaelond 22:48, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- 7 mcpatcher -- Kaelond 21:21, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
- 8 Kingdoms, Empires -- Jarrodjames 13:23, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
- 9 Controls -- ALostNoob 07:16, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
- 10 Creation Quest -- Nightbug08 05:11, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- 11 Not enough space -- Avskygod0 10:36, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- 12 Construction revisions -- Lopsided builder 01:40, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- 13 Compatibility -- Bogdanisar 17:57, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
- 14 Battles -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET) -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET) -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET)
- 15 LockPick -- Gogorox 22:37, 9 March 2012 (CET) -- Gogorox 22:37, 9 March 2012 (CET)
- 16 Viewed? -- JonReed 03:57, 10 April 2012 (CEST) -- JonReed 03:57, 10 April 2012 (CEST)
- 17 Compatibility Mystcraft. -- Sefer 02:34, 30 April 2012 (CEST)
- 18 Vikings? -- WarlockOfNor 02:16, 10 June 2012 (CEST)
- 18.1 Re: Vikings? -- Love2Happens 09:53, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
- 18.1.1 Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 12:47, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
- 18.1.2 Re: Re: Vikings? -- Pro-fisk 11:48, 1 September 2012 (CEST)
- 220.127.116.11 Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 06:46, 2 September 2012 (CEST)
- 18.104.22.168.1 Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Pro-fisk 13:16, 2 September 2012 (CEST)
- 22.214.171.124.2 =Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Pro-fisk 13:23, 2 September 2012 (CEST)=
- 126.96.36.199.3 ==Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 14:17, 2 September 2012 (CEST)==
- 188.8.131.52.4 ===Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 14:21, 2 September 2012 (CEST)===
- 184.108.40.206 Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 06:46, 2 September 2012 (CEST)
- 18.1 Re: Vikings? -- Love2Happens 09:53, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
- 19 Mod improvements: Fictional villages, Wizards, Magic Heroes etc. -- Chris 21:31, 26 July 2012 (CEST)
- 20 Ruling your twon -- Lakeshadow0 02:19, 31 October 2012 (CET)
- 21 Really need help downloading..... -- Violetsmile 00:15, 13 November 2013 (CET)
- 22 Norman villages; Grass Blocks? -- 220.127.116.11 21:17, 30 November 2013 (CET) -- 18.104.22.168 21:17, 30 November 2013 (CET)
- 23 Far Down The Road -- 22.214.171.124 01:06, 24 December 2013 (CET) -- 126.96.36.199 01:06, 24 December 2013 (CET)
I am running into a lot of villages spawning on top of the player as well as colliding with Walled Cities mod (which is at chunk generation). Perhaps there is a way to delay the village generator by maintaining a table of the chunks it is scanning and delaying the generation a minute or two and ensure that the player isn't in a chunk that is to be modifed? --Idgarad 01:23, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I have this problem without any other mods. There already delay in the village generator and the generation of blocks in unexplored area don't spawn the village first or at same time. Results of 3 or 4 village spawns around the player in explored area. Rasseru 09:48, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Replace this text with your reply
you can change the spawning generation if you have the correct program
- I cannot find any Norman villages anymore, All I find now is Mayan and Hindi. Was this implemented, though I cannot find where it would be.
- Stay in the woods more and will find them. Rasseru 16:33, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- what type of wood red wood or the mixed woods
custom cultures,villagers,villages and buildings -- Kaelond 15:21, 1 October 2011 (UTC)[new][reply]
I cannot figure out how to create these id like one suited for me. If someone could make a tutorial or maybe I could give them some information and create one for me Id really appreciate it.
Since the Nether is supposed hell it would be have been in the 11th century and same with the Aether and that kind of relegion has been around since Zapharianism(i dont know what it actualy is called but it is one of the oldest recorded relegions, durring the cromagnam period)
Ancient Greek Villages -- Keyblade522 01:35, 5 October 2011 (UTC)[new][reply]
There could be ancient Greek villages that build buildings like the Parthenon and amphitheaters. They could grow olives and make olive oil from it. The villagers could also (optionally if you feel like it) build boats and fish if there near open water.
Byzantine Empire ruled Greece in 11th century.
to suggestion: An OPTION for advanced villages that start off farming and trading, then upgrade to mining and industrial and then to a full blown modern-ish city. Could also plugin with IC² for electricity and such.
Maybe ther should be an addin to use some of the more complex blocks added with the Forge. + Culture dependent paths. (I hafe suggested that one on a feedback sheet.
Chertain buildings need a minimum path level)
+ Easyerwhat villagers could craft/buy (use to build)
New Blocks + Cultural path -> may use IC blocks + path may contain electric networck
-> Industrial village.
(Probblem: Pipelines from BuildCraft dont fit in the concept: you cant buy/sell liquid by leading a line in the village that way)
I doubt he will add this because the mod is based in the 11th century
Villagers,progress bar, and village expantion -- Kaelond 22:48, 13 November 2011 (UTC)[new][reply]
Kinn plz respond to this, Could you plz add a progress bar of how complete the village is and mabye more interaction with the villagers such as marriage by giving her a ring(must be single) and having children if you lay in a double bed with the players wife.
the progress bar showing the percentage of the village progress and once it becomes 100% the village radius increases(which starts at 50 meter radius)
Re: Villagers,progress bar, and village expantion -- 188.8.131.52 18:17, 16 June 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
- it is never complete
is there a way to make millenaire compatible with mcpatcher?
- It already is. You just have to put the put in minecraft folder folders to the minecraft folder.
Kingdoms, Empires -- Jarrodjames 13:23, 23 December 2011 (UTC)[new][reply]
first of all WOW! So much potential I see in this mod, anyway on with it. Perhaps, once you're the leader of multiple villages you could unite under a kingdom with various villages of different cultures and (computer resources permitting) could eventually found a city with walls and 'wonders' like pyramids, etc. and the leader (you) could collect taxes, all in competition with other AI players building their own kingdoms. a lofty dream indeed but it's possible
You should be able to change the controls on some things like pressing "M" to view the Creation Quest can be changed. I have other mods installed that also use the button "M" and I so I can't view the GUI for the other mods.
Creation Quest -- Nightbug08 05:11, 3 January 2012 (UTC)[new][reply]
Have each culture have it's own version of the creation quest, Especially useful for when you spawn far away from a Hindi village.
The Normans could have a hermit on a mountain or a cave. The Mayans would probably still have a man with a tree, except his would have some sort of stone alter maybe. The Japanese would also have a tree and a man, but his would be a giant pine tree.
I am also noticing a glitch during the forest exploration task. It seems that the explorations only count once; this makes it hard, if not impossible, to complete in small biomes. For example I made it up to 30% in one night, but the next 2 nights earned me nothing.
Sometimes the village has alot of space,but doesn't detect it,when this happens,a quest appears. The quest is to level and mark the terrain using given blocks. There are dimensions given,and a special block(that block "unnamed 180" would do good) to mark the suitable area.
Construction revisions -- Lopsided builder 01:40, 10 January 2012 (UTC)[new][reply]
I have personally encountered two problems with the general construction process. The first one is while a female villager is building a new building, she will occasionally abandon the building and leave it completely unbuilt for several Minecraft days. The second is when I am in a Norman village, the carpenter's wife will steal the wood needed for planks almost immediately, I.E.: The project board will say: Wood (for planks) 0/75. I will sell 75 blocks of wood to the town hall (75/75), and then the carpenter's wife will "gather resources" and the town board will say 0/75 wood. Does these problems happen to anyone else? And can I fix this? Both of these problems are keeping the village from making ANY progress in development. HELP PLEASE.
Compatibility -- Bogdanisar 17:57, 16 January 2012 (UTC)[new][reply]
I really like Millenaire and Balkon's Weapon Wod but they don't seem to work with each other. Can you please fix that, cause they are both great mods and I would really enjoy having both of them. Thanks!
Battles -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET) -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET) -- Lakeshadow0 01:00, 26 February 2012 (CET)[new][reply]
There should be a way for cultures to attack eachother or something. Like you take control of one village, and then expand your empire/kingdom by taking over more. And there could be like a japanese empire that when you get yours to be large, you can launch a massive war against them.
In a barracks, you have a general or battle master, and they will show a list of all villages within maybe 1000m or more, and you tell him to charge an attack. All the men in the barracks leave to attack. Also, any new villages you make are part of your kingdom.
LockPick -- Gogorox 22:37, 9 March 2012 (CET) -- Gogorox 22:37, 9 March 2012 (CET)[new][reply]
I have a good idea for the mod : The LockPick to unlock locked chests, but beware there would be four LockPick and each have a different percentage of unlock .
Recipe : Two rock horizontally [ Rock LockPick 25% ]
Recipe 2 : Two iron ingot horizontally [ Iron LockPick 50 % ]
Recipe 3 : Two gold ingot horizontally [ Gold LockPick 70 % ]
Recipe 4 : Two diamond horizontally [ Diamond LockPick 100% ]
Viewed? -- JonReed 03:57, 10 April 2012 (CEST) -- JonReed 03:57, 10 April 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
Are suggestions that have been use/viewed marked in any manner? Just wondering if the config suggestion I has been viewed.
Firstly, let me just tell you about it. Its a mod that is based on the books of Myst, where ancient people had magic books, blah blah blah... Basically you can craft magical books that take you to different realms (periods of time and what not.) and each book teleports you to a unique overworld. (some may have only 1 biome, like all desert.) some have perpetual night, or perpetual day, some are nothing but ocean, etc.
Heres the problems currently. 1. pretty sure buildings do not spawn in the other worlds. (but this isn't the major problem.) 2. The main problem is, because of the text you forced on us, we get spammed constantly by "you have not started creation quest" (not sure why its doing it, but it refuses to stop spamming that until you go back to the normal world.)
I don't want you to waste your time with this if it seems like too much work, but, if you wouldn't mind so much before the next update to millenaire, if you could just change the messages at start to not popup on start, that would allow many of us to keep myst installed and still use your mod as well in the over world. I tried doing it myself, I figured if I could delete the strings, it would stop spamming... But it refuses to do so. If I delete the messages, it spams the spacebar in the chatbox, making the chatbox enormous constantly in the mystworlds, and if I delete the = sign after the text, it spams the 2 variable names that send the message. (which are as follows: quest.cqnotstarted quest.cqcheckquestlist) I also tried setting the millenaire startup text to =false, but that did not stop it from sending the creation quest messages which is what is spamming.
p.s Incase you didn't understand my donation message. I didn't donate so you would do this, I just donated for your time to read this.
edit: Thank you so much. 2.6 fixed it perfectly.
Vikings? -- WarlockOfNor 02:16, 10 June 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
What about Viking villages? They were at the 11th centuary, right? They could be based on red and white wool on houses and have own armor as well as Piers and being able to raid other villages maybe?
Fix Japanese villages for 1.2.3
Re: Vikings? -- Love2Happens 09:53, 16 July 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
Vikings were great varriors, but also very great commercial men, about 800-1200
I love the idea of vikings, and I have a few ideas myself:
- Their buildings should be based on redwood, cobbelstone(stone), and a new item: thatch.(Because the vikings are realated to the north)
- The Village should have a Quest called: We need iron (or something), because their tools are made of that, and they need a lot of tools.
- The warrior tools should be: bow and arrow or an ax, iron helmet and a new item: spears. Only the rich would have swords and iron chestplates.
- I think that the Vikings should be most common in the snow landscape, and never apair in a dessert...
- Villages away from water should most common be trading towns. And villages near rivers and oceans should most common be warrior cities.
- The Vikings can make boat(either just the normal ones, or a bigger rowboat with place for 4, 6 or 8 maybe?)
- There should also be random placed runestone ;)
I would really love the vikings to be in Millénaire!! :D <3<3
Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 12:47, 16 July 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
- The Vikings are far too similar to the Normans in the way of behavior and they built similar buildings, weapons had the same class system and had similar interests, the Normans were also a seafaring nation but that wasn't their main focus and that is the only difference i see and its a slight one at that. Making the Vikings will be like re-making the Normans in fact most Vikings are Normans. Nearly all medieval nations were like the Normans. Millenaire has actually covered the four major cultures. European (Normans) Middle eastern (Hindi Indians) South American (Mayans) and Asian (Japanese) The only likely nations I can see making the cut are the Native Americans although they may be a bit too far behind technology wise (Nomad/Tribal stage) or The Byzantines which are medieval Romans who at the start of the 11 century ruled all of Greece and a bit north, basically all of modern day Turkey, the southern part of Italy and all the 100 or so islands between Italy and Turkey including Crete with about 12 million people under her rule. By that stage they all spoke Greek instead of Latin. The Vikings did nothing except for raiding England a few times. I do not see the Vikings getting in, at all.
ps. Thatch is already in the game Japanese villages make the roofs of buildings out of it. Lemonater47 12:47, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Love2Happens 10:03, 17 July 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
- Yeah... I can see your point :)
- actually vikings were alot different than the normans... i personally live in denmark and i would be more than happy to help with buildings and mythology/facts if vikings will be implemented :)
- ps. viking is actually something you do not something you are :)... to viking is to kill men rape theirwife and steal their money/goodies... :)
- vikings should be added but thier buildings should be made of cobble, wood, dark planks(i dont know what they are called) and should sometimes lay 1-2 blocks underground... their weapons should be longbow, waraxe and longswords... they should have 2 types of armor: the viking armor: viking helmet(no horns cuz the horns on viking helmets are just something ppl said to make vikings sound more scary), viking mailcoat(torso armor), viking mail greaves(leg armor) and viking fur boots
the other armor should be berzerker(berzerker means warrior that fights without shirt they also were capable to go into a total killing frenzy) armor: bear head(helmet), bear hide(torso armor), pants(surprisingly leg armor) and viking fur boots
Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 06:46, 2 September 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
- Everything you just said is either the same as the normans OR slightly different. The biggest thing that is the same is the building materials, The villages would look the same. The normans also had war-axes and longwords, most of europe had them. The normans used English longbows after 1066 as their main Bow for a while. The armor is basically the same as norman armour. Berserkers (with an "s" not a "z" in english) might be able to pass as raiders from a lone building but the viking race cannot be a new nation really as they are too SIMILAR to the normans. Even their ships were the same. Vikings probably won't be added.
ps. "To viking" doesn't make any sense??? where did you learn your english from? "Viking" is not something you do at all it is who you are. The viking's are a race of people. I'm a New Zealander, your a Dane, you can't "to New zealander" or "to dane" its not something you do its who your are. You can act like a viking and go of raping everybody, you can act like an Indian, American, Englishman you can act like anyone. So I don't really know what you mean by "to viking". You need to learn better english.
- thanks for being so nice to me :(
- and viking is actually a verb not a "race"
==Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 14:17, 2 September 2012 (CEST)==[new][reply]
- When has Viking ever been a verb? and if it is a verb why would you implement it as a culture. It was the name given to norsemen who lived in the north and explored for miles (greenland to asia). Which makes it a noun. Doing a little research normans and vikings are both descended from Norsemen. both normans and vikings had longships and both wanted stuff that other places had. Normans wanted land and people to rule over while vikings stole and pillaged then left to do it all again later although they did settle in many parts of scotland and england. This is putting it simply the vikings were very good at exploring and making settlements all the way to asia but the normans were also a seafaring nation though they only colonized and conquered the important places in the Mediterranean or england. The vikings were actually predominately merchants and explorers though there were warriors on every ship and a fair share of pirates. The normans geographical position made them take a more political role and were technically a french (frank in those days) vassal descending from norsemen and vikings. The norman lords sought fame and fortune and having the title of king was the best of all so invading england for good was the way to go. Defeating England (who went very good at defending themselves) was not hard and killing the old king Harold at hastings puts a norman on the British throne (you know that england hasn't ruled itself since 1066 the current family is actually german they changed their name in WW1). Since 1066 the vikings raiding days almost stopped and they became predominately explorers and traders with almost no viking pirates. Normandy also slowly became part of modern day france and belgium. So the vikings have really been stereotyped to be all blood thirsty raiders when they were really good explorers and there is evidence to suggest that the found america 400 years before the spanish did. The normans are really southern vikings who spoke french and settled mainly in england. almost all of europe had the same buildings, weapons, armour and goals. I may have sounded intimidating or mean or whatever (text can't give emotions) but I have gone through this before and viking is not a verb... at all. In english anyway. Just had a though is it a verb in danish? as viking is a noun in english.
===Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vikings? -- Lemonater47 14:21, 2 September 2012 (CEST)===[new][reply]
- viking into english means explorer which still makes it a noun
Mod improvements: Fictional villages, Wizards, Magic Heroes etc. -- Chris 21:31, 26 July 2012 (CEST)[new][reply]
When you have the Wand of Summoning you can do a quest for an NPC who is a wizard and moves into the village you have "One of us" with and he/she can sell you magical equipment and enchanted tools and armour. (Maybe even Stave weaponry could be added along with robes you can buy or make with wool.) So when you are "One of us" and you have the Wand of Summoning you are given a quest by the wizard where you are to retrieve a powerful metal which will improve the Wand of Summoning and give it the ability to create Arcane villages. The village is very big, consists of lots of towers and floating islands, thus connected by bridges. However, you can betray the wizard and give the metal to bandits. When you do this bandits become your friends and create bandit villages! However, the risk of doing this means all other villages would hate you and attack you on sight (if you are on easy,normal or hard.) So that's about that. I hope you take these suggestions into consideration. :)
Ruling your twon -- Lakeshadow0 02:19, 31 October 2012 (CET)[new][reply]
When ruling your town, you should be able to command your people to attack another village. *-It would also be neat if you can conquer this village and make the people do your work, such as gathering supplies for your main village, or make them your citizens and let them grow as your own. If it's possible, other factions/towns can group together as a nation. You can decalre war on these "nations" and attempt to conquer them.
- If it's possbile (The first one would be the most favored at this time)
Re: Ruling your twon -- 184.108.40.206 05:16, 18 April 2013 (CEST)[new][reply]
- that is a really cool idea
Really need help downloading..... -- Violetsmile 00:15, 13 November 2013 (CET)[new][reply]
I'm sorry to make a post about this but I have tried several times to download this mod and i just cant get it, idk if its just too complicated or the instructions arent updated...but none of it is very clear. I even tried to have other people do it for me and they couldnt get it either. Could I get some help, any help? please!
Norman villages; Grass Blocks? -- 220.127.116.11 21:17, 30 November 2013 (CET) -- 18.104.22.168 21:17, 30 November 2013 (CET)[new][reply]
In my Norman village, for the forge and other builds,they want grass blocks but i can't give them some. Help? P.S. I'm using 1.6.2.
Far Down The Road -- 22.214.171.124 01:06, 24 December 2013 (CET) -- 126.96.36.199 01:06, 24 December 2013 (CET)[new][reply]
Hey guys! I posted this on the forums, but i'm not certain which is more active, so I'll post the link here so you guys can read my thoughts and respond. Sorry for the waste of space, I don't feel like typing everything again though.
Just copy that into your browser and read. Thanks!
-Edit- Here is my next topic. Same deal, I'll probably just edit this with each new link so I conserve space http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=383&sid=290ea1b1c7e072971ad427a3f55f430c
Paste in browser and read. Thanks!