Millénaire Wiki Frequently Asked Installation Questions
Important: This mod updates frequently. Updating may break your villages.
Don't get attached if you plan to update. Always be sure to back up your world files.
For a set of instructions of how to install Millenaire go here
How to Install the Millénaire mod
Since 1.12.2, the mod installation process has been greatly streamlined. The installation is almost exactly the same as for any other forge mod. (These instructions don't apply if you're using a third-party game launcher, such as Twitch, or MultiMC)
1. Make sure you've got the vanilla game launcher from the official website, and have run the game at least once.
2. Close the game (including the launcher) if it's open.
3. Download the recommended version of forge (you want the installer) from the forge website
4. Run the installer, select "Install Client", and click install, and wait until it says it's done.
5. Run the launcher again, and click the arrow next to the play button, and select the Forge 1.12.2 version.
6. Click the play/launch button, and then once the game opens, close it.
7. Open the .minecraft folder. There are literally hundreds of tutorials on the internet on how to do this, and it's different for different operating systems, so we won't go into it here.
8. Download the latest version of the mod from the main page, or from curse(forge).
9a. If you've downloaded the mod from the main site, it'll be a zip file. Open the zip, open the folder inside it, and the "Put in mods folder" folder, and drag the jar file into the "mods" folder in .minecraft
9b. If you've got the mod from curse/curseforge, it'll be just the jar file which you can drop directly into the "mods" folder in .minecraft.
10. That's it! You can now run the forge version from the launcher and play with Millénaire. Enjoy!
Q: Why does my security software say the installer application (the actual application not the readme etc.) is a virus? I also noticed it is called worm.win32.autorun and hence he word worm leads me to believe it is a virus.
Q: How do I download the mod?
Q: It says that it loaded correctly but I can't find a village.
Q: How do I update?
Q: I have a village with lots of buildings but nobody is there? Where did they all go?