- 1 Millénaire Wiki Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions
- 2 Installation
- 3 Interactions with other mods:
- 4 Known Bugs
- 5 If you want to destroy all villages:
- 6 FAQ
- 6.1 It says not enough space, what should I do?
- 6.2 How do I make mud bricks?
- 6.3 North, South, East, and West are all mixed up?!
- 6.4 No villages are near my spawn point?
- 6.5 What rank do you need to be for the villagers to build me a house and what is the best way to rank up?
- 6.6 When I upgraded Millenaire from originally a mod pack (like Yogbox), Minecraft gives me an error?
- 6.7 How do I get a specific kind of villager in my village?
- 6.8 Will the danger zones stop the villagers from building? And if so what can I do to make them build there?
- 6.9 How can I occupy houses?
- 6.10 How do I get thatch for Japanese villages?
- 6.11 How do you get the carpenter to make timber frames? My small house has been waiting for a while.
- 6.12 How do you get more people in your village!? I don't have a Carpenter!
- 6.13 How do I trade with the villagers?
- 6.14 Can this be used for SMP?
- 6.15 How Can I Remove My Millénaire Town?
- 6.16 Why won't the woman in a house do their job?
- 6.17 Why are children not spawning?
- 6.18 When I press 'V' It says Command.noknowvillage!?
- 6.19 They are destroying my house! Help!
- 6.20 Can I find a village in an existing world?
- 6.21 My construction has been stuck at 100% for a long time. What's wrong?
- 6.22 I don't see any progress on the building they say they are working on?!
- 6.23 Some of my villagers disappeared. Why?
- 6.24 Screen fills up with "Error in updateEntity(). Check Millénaire.log." What should I do?
- 6.25 I want to reduce lag but keep my village and keep constructing new/other villages. So how do I remove specific villagers I don't want without deleting the mod?
- 6.26 My village is frozen. How do I un-freeze it?
- 6.27 Teenagers in my village are growing very slow even though I don't sleep in bed at night.
- 6.28 When I trade with my animal-product selling villagers, one item is greyed and says "Requirements: Needs Oven". How do I get them this, or when do they build it?
- 6.29 What can I do if a building is damaged? The villagers won't rebuild it.
- 6.30 How can I stop the place of village by generation a world, if I want to set the villages manually?
- 6.31 Why won't the villagers build my house! They even have the resources?
- 6.32 What "Village Statuses" are available?
- 6.33 My city has the no construction goal and I have 5 teen and 5 child what can i do??
- 6.34 The NPC's in my village are frozen in their homes is it because of the weather because im in the village?
- 6.35 When I right click on a sign or villager, it freezes me into it. How do I exit again?
- 6.36 Is it possible to build your own villages(for example, build an exact replica of a town hall and town leader pops up, thus village is established)?
- 6.37 How do you exit the town map?
- 6.38 How do I cancel a house I've ordered?
- 6.39 I burnt down the inn of my village, will they fix it?
- 6.40 How do I find bandits?
- 6.41 How do I get my village to build something new
- 6.42 Will Village Wars, Events, and Rituals be added?
Millénaire Wiki Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions
Are you having trouble with bugs, or game crashes? Scroll down to the FAQ and Errors Explained below.
Important: This mod updates frequently. Updating may break your villages. Don't get attached if you plan to update.
Interactions with other mods:
If you want to destroy all villages:
- Backup your .minecraft folder.
- SERIOUSLY — Backup your .minecraft folder.
- Remove the Millénaire folder from minecraft folder and Millénaire zip from mods folder.
- Enter the world that has Millénaire in it and check if the chests and signs are removed.
- Use MCedit to delete the village. If you do not know how to use that, then manually destroy all the buildings and fill in the holes that are made from building constructions. So that you'll have a clean patch of land without holes.
- Find the center block of the land and place a marker so that you can identify where to put a village spawner block.
- Use TooManyItems Mod to get yourself a village wand and the block that is needed for the specific village you want.
- Use the items. Place the block you picked on the marker you made earlier and use the village wand.
- Start again.
It says not enough space, what should I do?
Try these few steps:
1) First take a look at the village map inside the townhall.
- If there are red (lava) or light blue (water) area's listed then cover the area with a single layer of dirt.
- If there are brown (outside altitude range) area's listed then try to lower or higher the land in that area.
- If there are yellow (artificial blocks) areas, remove them or cover them.
The villagers already know where they want to build, and if that space is obstructed in any way, they will report "not enough space".
2) Exit Minecraft completely and log back in.
3) Edit the config file:
- Close Minecraft.
- Edit "config-custom.txt" in the millenaire-custom folder and add village_radius=85 to the end of the file.
- Restart Minecraft.
4) Edit the village files:
- Close Minecraft.
- Edit "grosbourg.txt" in the millenaire\cultures\norman\villages folder and change the radius to 85.
- Edit the hamlet village files in the millenaire\cultures\norman\villages folder and change the radius to 65.
- Edit the text files in the millenaire\cultures\norman\extra and millenaire\cultures\hindi\extra folders and change the maxDistance to 85.
- Restart Minecraft.
5) Clear a very large area 70x70 flat space of dirt around the townhall.
Note: Any changes you make in the millenaire folder will not affect the game untill you restart Minecraft.
Note: Do not always believe your map! Just because it's all green do not assume there is enough room. By default a map shows you a greater area, not just the area within the village radius. Thus why you may have to increase the village radius.
How do I make mud bricks?
You must first buy a brick mould from the Chief (looks like a ladder in his inventory). Once you have this item, you need dirt and sand blocks in your own inventory then click the brick mould on the ground and a wet brick will appear. Once it dries the brick can be mined and either used to build or sold to the villagers.
North, South, East, and West are all mixed up?!
No, no they aren't, the directions are set to what Notch himself says is North, not what random modders and players say is North.
No villages are near my spawn point?
There was a change in the way biomes work so just make a bed and head straight in one direction until a village spawns. Turn to the peaceful setting so you don't have to stop at night.
What rank do you need to be for the villagers to build me a house and what is the best way to rank up?
Needs Reputation of Favorite Trader, best way to rank up is simply to mine for and sell iron, or to harvest their tree farms. Basically, to trade with them.
When I upgraded Millenaire from originally a mod pack (like Yogbox), Minecraft gives me an error?
The likely answer to this is that the mod pack you use alters the IDs of blocks made by mods so that they can fit and one of these altered mods is Millenaire so you will have to manually alter block IDs.
How do I get a specific kind of villager in my village?
It depends on the type of village; some villages are created with specific villagers while others have other villagers, it all depends on the type of village you are in.
Will the danger zones stop the villagers from building? And if so what can I do to make them build there?
For cacti just destroy them and just cover up lava, one layer IS enough. One layer is also enough for water. They will hinder construction.
How can I occupy houses?
You can occupy the player-specific houses purchased from the heads of your village once your reputation is high enough.
How do I get thatch for Japanese villages?
Sell some wheat at the village centre. The villagers will start making thatch early after. Or spawn it with toomanyitems, invedit, etc.
How do you get the carpenter to make timber frames? My small house has been waiting for a while.
For timber, you require both a carpenter to make it from wood, and a wife to collect wood for him. See below for how to get these people.
How do you get more people in your village!? I don't have a Carpenter!
Every night, so long as the bed is not used/waited for a while before use, villagers have a chance to conceive and have a child. This chance is raised by there being cider/calva in their village's tavern/Town Centre. Children grow slowly, or with a faster rate if there is bread present either in their village's bakery or their Town Centre if they have no bakery. Children will eventually grow to teens, who can then occupy empty spaces in buildings. This applies to every and any villager class, not just the carpenter. Make sure your village has enough materials to build new houses for the teens to move into.
How do I trade with the villagers?
To trade, go to one of the locations in question and stand near the chests. If no woman is around one will arrive shortly. If one does not arrive shortly you may need to reset Minecraft. Right-click on her to bring up the trade screen.
Hold the left shift key while clicking on a trade good in the trade screen to trade 8 items at a time or the left control key to trade 64 items a click.
Can this be used for SMP?
There are an experimental version for SMP, although it may have some bugs.
How Can I Remove My Millénaire Town?
Delete all the Millénaire related files that you installed, then you can happily raze the village. Install the Millénaire files again if you want to continue playing the mod. Get yourself a village wand and a specific block (use the latest TooManyItems mod.) and spawn yourself a village.
Why won't the woman in a house do their job?
Women only sell things and move resources. If there is no man of the house, nothing will get done there. This means that forges will not have tools, farms will not grow crops, etc. A child must grow for someone to take over the house, try not sleeping at night.
Why are children not spawning?
Most likely, it's because you're sleeping every night, which prevents children from spawning, they only spawn at night. Otherwise, if none of your houses have a pair of a man and a woman, for instance, if all the husbands die, no children can be created. Extra cider (more than 5) in the tavern will increase odds of spawning children of Norman villages.
When I press 'V' It says Command.noknowvillage!?
Delete and reinstall Millenaire. Also, have you accidentally put the "Put in minecraft folder" folders in the jar? Not what you should do.
They are destroying my house! Help!
You built on their property, they will not care what is there they will destroy it. To obtain permission to build on their land request the villagers for a plot or house. This does include underground homes as some buildings have basements.
Can I find a village in an existing world?
Yes, but only if you go to areas that were not previously generated. If you had explored far, that means going far away. Use a mapping tool to find blank areas.
My construction has been stuck at 100% for a long time. What's wrong?
Exit Minecraft and log back in. If the problem persists, make sure you're fully updated. If this issue persists please post about it on the Minecraft Forum thread for additional assistance.
I don't see any progress on the building they say they are working on?!
They are probably working underground, they always work from the bottom up so you won't see it until the end.
Some of my villagers disappeared. Why?
There are two reasons. Either they died in some way and you have to wait for them to respawn or they went invisible and froze. This is a glitch but you can still see them on the village map. To fix this quit your game and come back in they should be back.
Screen fills up with "Error in updateEntity(). Check Millénaire.log." What should I do?
First of all, ensure you've got the very latest update. These are often bugs that are fixed in later versions. Next, CHECK MILLENAIRE.LOG. It can be found in the Millénaire folder with the config.txt file. If the error log doesn't make sense to you, post the unique errors to the Minecraft Forum thread. Do notcopy and paste the entire log if it's repeating the same error over and over, as that will hinder help. Always post error reports in [spoiler] and [code] tags, which can be found in the "Other Styles" drop down box. If possible, tell us what you were doing when this error started to occur.
I want to reduce lag but keep my village and keep constructing new/other villages. So how do I remove specific villagers I don't want without deleting the mod?
Use McEdit to delete the villager's house. That should get rid of the specific villager permanently.
My village is frozen. How do I un-freeze it?
Villages freeze if you are too far from them. Simply get closer to it, or extend the active radius in "config.txt" and restart.
Teenagers in my village are growing very slow even though I don't sleep in bed at night.
This is most likely several reasons; the teenagers might not have anywhere to move into so they will stay teenagers until new housing is built. Or your village does not have enough bread. A village with 5 or more cider in their tavern will also increase the chance of having children. Or you are just being impatient, give it time.
When I trade with my animal-product selling villagers, one item is greyed and says "Requirements: Needs Oven". How do I get them this, or when do they build it?
Ovens come with upgrades to the building. Continue to supply wood, stone, cobble, etc. at the townhall and allow the villagers to upgrade the building. The "oven" is just a minecraft furnace. They will only use it if THEY place it.
What can I do if a building is damaged? The villagers won't rebuild it.
Villagers currently do not rebuild buildings. If there are still upgrades to be done that would build over the hole, the villagers will still do that. Otherwise, you will have to replace blocks manually. Note that buildings do not have to be whole for them to function.
How can I stop the place of village by generation a world, if I want to set the villages manually?
Change generate_villages in "config.txt" to false and then in-game use ctrl-shift-G before using the village wand.
Why won't the villagers build my house! They even have the resources?
They will not build your house when or after they complete all other projects; you need to purchase it before this point. However, if you purchase your house afterwards, the "All building goals completed" state can be fixed by changing the village radius in the config. Alternatively, they might be still doing other construction - you may just have to wait, as some buildings have higher priorities than others.
What "Village Statuses" are available?
Check the Reputation page.
My city has the no construction goal and I have 5 teen and 5 child what can i do??
The village is complete. You could add custom buildings or edit the village file to build more or different buildings, otherwise, that village will construct no more and you can buy their resources to build other villages.
The NPC's in my village are frozen in their homes is it because of the weather because im in the village?
During night or thunderstorms villagers will stay inside if it is not one of these then it's a bug.
When I right click on a sign or villager, it freezes me into it. How do I exit again?
Try pressing escape, if not, then restart Minecraft.
Is it possible to build your own villages(for example, build an exact replica of a town hall and town leader pops up, thus village is established)?
How do you exit the town map?
Try pressing escape, if not restart Minecraft.
How do I cancel a house I've ordered?
As of yet, you cannot.
I burnt down the inn of my village, will they fix it?
If it has upgrades that replace all the parts and the locked chests have not been destroyed, they will at the next upgrade. Otherwise, you must fix all damage.
How do I find bandits?
if you ever find that a village is attacking another one, and you have not seen this villages leader, or any indication that the rep was falling,then it's probably a bandit camp When a bandit camp is attacking a village, you will notice that it is missing the village name behind it. For instance, kyas maya raiding players jubaly, kyas maya has no village type behind in it's name.
How do I get my village to build something new
If you find that an answer you are looking for is not here, then it might be here, but if it is not there either than post your question in the official Minecraft Forums thread.
Will Village Wars, Events, and Rituals be added?
I mean, could your village be attacked at random times by Bandits or Other Villages, maybe with an indicator, such as a deep horn being sounded through Music/Sound? Also, could rituals for your acceptance into a town be performed by Priests or Shamans? And could Alliance/Treaty/Jail events be added, where the emporer/lord/king of a town sends guards to jail someone/ Ally with other kingdoms? Maybe it could be a Subquest, allowing you to gain a small boost with both sides' reputations? Please answer soon!
In the recent millenaire update, they added relationships between villages. If you have diplomatic points, go to another village and praise to improve relationships between villages, and slander to make the relationships crappy. See your village leader for more info.