(Project) Multiplayer Castle 2

Creating new content for Millénaire
LordDamien

(Project) Multiplayer Castle 2

Post by LordDamien » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I would like to retake this project, and redo the castle "agains". This time a smaller version and possibly more configurable.

Also, I can't do this alone, because it is dangerous, as Zelda games say, so I need your help:

- Testers from early very broken stages.
- Builders that help me do new models.
- Ideas, ¿What to expect from your castle? (Multiplayer)

I will also use directly the mod called (Castle Defenders) and if possible at some point link it to Millenaire, somehow. Otherwise I advise multiplayer server admins to create a shop where you can buy new CD mobs.

Best!

uamadman

Re: (Project) Multiplayer Castle 2

Post by uamadman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:35 pm

This sounds fun!
Do you have a particular\personal server you will be building this on?
I've been doing a lot of research within MLC's code to grant it the abilities i desire.

Check out my suggestions post. It lists all of the items i'm looking to implement. Though i'm pretty limited to some of the easier items as I'm really just using this project to migrate from writing python to writing java.
http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

Perhaps a little collab is in order!

mad

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Woah! Would be awesome to have a new castle, knowing your level of detail and grandeur I would be happy to assist wherever I can!

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:39 am

Hi,

Thanks for your support guys. I've been looking at the original castle, but most of the buildings don't make sense in Minecraft/MP.

Why do I want a huge hall, that doesn't serve a purpose.

So let's rethink, what would make sense in a millenaire/MP castle:

- Private chambers: For the User and family.
- Stables: To produce horsey stuff and to hold horses.
- Dinner hall: Smaller in size, to produce food and drink for soldiers and player.
- Builder's hut: To host builders, so you stop bugging me about disappearing women.
- Church or Sept: I will try to find an utility.
- Maester tower: An alchemist NPC that produces potions to heal and helps with diplomacy.
- Barracks: Soldiers, tons of soldiers.
- Forge: Weapon creation place.
- Library: For your secret magic purposes.

So, what would you ask from your castle?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:40 pm

I completed the first part of the buildings, now I have to polish a bit and create the mobs + some more tweaking.

Will release as soon as I've done that ;)
Attachments
2015-01-20_16.50.03.png
2015-01-20_16.50.03.png (336.86 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Looking great!

Everything looks good there and the main thing I can see being used in multiplayer is a "hall" or "room" for meetings e.c.t. The dining hall may be sufficient for that though!

Doing a SP playthrough of the castle anyhow, will take me a while to get all the stone for the walls! 0-0

ZippoMoon

Post by ZippoMoon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm looking forward to playing this however if you can, please add instructions on how to install it, I'm new to Millenaire and I've found adding custom content isn't a simple drag and drop. For example in RAR file of the V1 of your castle in the mods/millenaire folder there is a text file called "itemlist" which is far small then the vanilla itemlist file add by Millenaire it self, a simple drag and drop will basically delete a ton of presumably important data needed by the core mod, and I can't tell what part to copy and paste over. I would have thought the the wiki would have instructions for adding custom content already.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:15 pm

ZippoMoon wrote:I'm looking forward to playing this however if you can, please add instructions on how to install it, I'm new to Millenaire and I've found adding custom content isn't a simple drag and drop. For example in RAR file of the V1 of your castle in the mods/millenaire folder there is a text file called "itemlist" which is far small then the vanilla itemlist file add by Millenaire it self, a simple drag and drop will basically delete a ton of presumably important data needed by the core mod, and I can't tell what part to copy and paste over. I would have thought the the wiki would have instructions for adding custom content already.
I will add a step-by-step process to install it ;)