Saxons, an addon culture that creates mod compatibility

Creating new content for Millénaire

Saxons, an addon culture that creates mod compatibility

Postby felinoel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:16 am

Due to the radical change from TC3 to TC4, this addon mod will be postponed indefinitely.

So Millenaire is a historically accurate mod that takes cultures from the 11th century and throws them into Minecraft and has them react accordingly.
Why then does the cultures HAVE to be from our universe/timeline, why can't they be taken from a more... steampunk universe/timeline? That is the basis for my addon mod, it introduces a steampunk culture, the Saxons, and has the culture use FTB mods. I chose Saxons because the steampunk genre is generally set in England and the Saxons are a close 11th century culture for the English.
To make the addon mod useable between different mods, I will make the addon mod be able to have certain things removed or not, like say maybe there is a magic using village that is heavy on ThaumCrafting, that village would not be found in users using Feed the Beast Tech World.

I am open to suggestions and village/building design help.
The current designs will be similar to what the Testificate villagers use because... why not? They are already pretty Saxonic and introducing upgrades to them shouldn't make them too similar to the Testificate villages, ESPECIALLY with pipes and tubes and such coming out of each building lol

This addon pack will be released first as only a ThaumCraft addition, just to get the ball rolling.
Discuss below potential how for ThaumCraftian Millenaire conversions.

Old thread: http://ftbforums.org/topic/111-saxons-f ... ire/?p=976
felinoel

Re: Saxons, an addon culture that creates mod compatibility

Postby felinoel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:17 am

While I finalize my Inuits culture I figure it would be best to just discuss the addition of aspects to Millenaire items, currently I have this list of Millenaire items with possible aspects given but the food are outdated and will need to be changed.

• Village Wand: 3 Carus, 2 Fabrico, 4 Imperito, 6 Potentia
  • Wand of Negation: 7 Fractus, 4 Mortuus, 1 Vacuos
  • Denier: 1 Permutatio
  • Denier Argent: 3 Permutatio, and 1 Tempus
  • Denier Or: 6 Carus, 7 Permutatio, and 1 Tempus
  • Boudin noir: 6 Corpus, 10 Sano, 18 Victus
  • Tripes: 2 Animus, 7 Corpus, 30 Sano, 8 Victus
  • Cidre: 6 Venenum, 4 Messis, 12 Sano
  • Calva: 10 Venenum, 6 Messis, 40 Sano
  • Norman Axe: 1 Alienis,10 Instrumentum
  • Norman Broadsword: 2 Alienis, 12 Telum,
  • Norman Hoe: 1 Alienis, 10 Instrumentum
  • Norman Pickaxe: 2 Alienis, 10 Instrumentum
  • Norman Shovel: 1 Alienis,10 Instrumentum
  • Norman Helmet: 1 Alienis, 5 Tutamen
  • Norman Chestplate: 2 Alienis, 8 Tutamen
  • Norman Leggings: 1 Alienis, 7 Tutamen
  • Norman Boots:1 Alienis, 5 Tutamen
  • Amulette d'Yggdrasil: 10 Praecantatio, 2 Instrumentum, 1 Alienis, 1 Machina, 3 Lignum
  • Amulette de Sköll et Rati: 10 Praecantatio, 2 Instrumentum, 4 Imperito, 8 Tempus, 2 Carus
  • Amulette de l'Alchimiste: 10 Praecantatio, 2 Instrumentum, 1 Machina, 3 Lux, 2 Carus
  • Amulette du Vishnu: 10 Praecantatio, 2 Instrumentum, 1 Alienis, 2 Potentia, 2 Bestia
  • Colombages (à croix): 8 Pannus, 4 Saxum
  • Tapisserie Normande: 14 Pannus, 2 Alienis, 1 Tempus
  • Bâtiments normands: Cognitio 14, Fabrico 6
  • Objets normands: Cognitio 14, Instrumentum 4
  • Villageois normands: Cognitio 14, Bestia 4, Corpus 2
  • Parchemin complet: Cognitio 17, Fabrico 6, Instrumentum 4, Bestia 4,
  • Parchemin du village: Cognitio 21, Imperito 6, Instrumentum 4, Tempus 2
  • Pomme à cidre: 1 Mesis, 1 Victus
  • Chicken Curry: 4 Sano, 2 Ignis, 2 Corpus
  • Resgulla: 2 Sano, 30 Messis, 1 Permutatio
  • Vegetarian Curry: 8 Sano, 3 Ignis, 4 Herba, 4 Messis
  • Buildings Parchment: Cognitio 14, Fabrico 6
  • Objects Parchment: Cognitio 14, Instrumentum 4
  • Villagers Parchment: Cognitio 14, Bestia 4, Corpus 2
  • Complete Parchment: 20 Cognitio, 6 Fabrico, 4 Instrumentum, 4 Bestia, 2 Corpus
  • Rice: Herba 1, Permutatio 1
  • Turmeric: Herba 1, Permutatio 1, Flos 1
  • Brick Mould: 3 Permutatio, 1 Solum
  • Cooked Brick: 2 Ignis, 5 Solum, 1 Carus
  • Mud Brick: 1 Aer, 5 Solum, 1 Lux
  • Wet Brick: 2 Aqua, 5 Solum
  • Hindi Statue: idk maybe some Pannus and some Lignum?

I use Tempus and Alienus for a lot of things because Millenaire cultures are from another time and another world.
I still need to consider Mayan, Japanese, and Byzantine items too.

• http://millenaire.org/wiki/Template:Mayan_Items
  • http://millenaire.org/wiki/Template:Japanese_Items
  • http://millenaire.org/wiki/Template:Byzantine_Items

A complete list of aspects can be found here.

• http://ftbwiki.org/Aspect

I have been thinking that maybe village wands and wands of negation should be researchable and craftable using the infusion table of ThaumCraft...
Tenebris, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis should be the research needed for the Wand of Negation while maybe
Lux, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis could be the research needed for the Village Wand...
felinoel

Postby rekless » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 am

is this still alive? I'm really looking forward to the integration with FTB.
rekless

Postby felinoel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm

rekless wrote:is this still alive? I'm really looking forward to the integration with FTB.
I figured I was stretching myself too thin and that I should finish my Inuit culture first, which I believe I posted in the OP, but if you have any comments or additions please post them.

EDIT:
I have been thinking that maybe village wands and wands of negation should be researchable and craftable using the infusion table of ThaumCraft...
Tenebris, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis should be the research needed for the Wand of Negation while maybe
Lux, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis could be the research needed for the Village Wand...

I am iffy on the Lux, I figure it is a good opposite of Tenebris...
felinoel

Postby druha » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 pm

felinoel wrote:I figured I was stretching myself too thin and that I should finish my Inuit culture first, which I believe I posted in the OP, but if you have any comments or additions please post them.

EDIT:

I think Fractus would be fitting for the Wand of Negation as it's purpose is to destroy. Unfortunately it's opposite, Fabrico, doesn't really fit for the Village Wand as your not "creating" a village, you're "summoning" it from another time and place. Maybe Imperito? Or Mutatio? Yeah, I like Mutatio better.
druha

Postby felinoel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 pm

druha wrote:
felinoel wrote:I figured I was stretching myself too thin and that I should finish my Inuit culture first, which I believe I posted in the OP, but if you have any comments or additions please post them.

EDIT:

I think Fractus would be fitting for the Wand of Negation as it's purpose is to destroy. Unfortunately it's opposite, Fabrico, doesn't really fit for the Village Wand as your not "creating" a village, you're "summoning" it from another time and place. Maybe Imperito? Or Mutatio? Yeah, I like Mutatio better.
I dunno, I like Tenebris and it is so rarely used lol
Maybe them both and make it a sixer?

Fractus, Tenebris, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis
/
Carus, Lux, Praecantatio, Instrumentum, Tempus, and Alienis
felinoel

Postby rekless » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

holy crap I have no idea what your talking about haha.

I can't answer your questions regarding thaumcraft because I have never heard of it. I was just looking forward to implementing your version along with FTB since I know your a big fan of it.

I'll do some research and see if I can assist with these item tables.
rekless

Postby felinoel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:25 pm

rekless wrote:holy crap I have no idea what your talking about haha.

I can't answer your questions regarding thaumcraft because I have never heard of it. I was just looking forward to implementing your version along with FTB since I know you're a big fan of it.

I'll do some research and see if I can assist with these item tables.
In order to craft things with ThaumCraft, you have to research it first.
All items have a kind of element or aspect to them, things like Fractus or Tenebris.
So in order to research a particular aspect you have to study an item that has that, cobblstone has Fractus and Saxum, so when studying cobblestone you have a chance to figure out some research of something that uses Saxum or Fractus.
felinoel

Postby rekless » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:09 pm

interesting. IS FTB the best most to install with thaumcraft?

I've been looking to use FTB for a while but I'm just not sure about it with single player
rekless

Postby felinoel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 pm

rekless wrote:interesting. IS FTB the best most to install with thaumcraft?

I've been looking to use FTB for a while but I'm just not sure about it with single player

For singleplayer I recommend using the New World modpack in FTB, since it has Millenaire. =b

I don't think it has ThaumCraft though so be sure to add it.

See here for more info on that modpack:
http://ftbwiki.org/New_World_Mod_Pack

ThaumCraft is fine on its own though, the Saxons culture are designed to be interchangeable, to allow people to install only the villages that match the mods that they have installed, if someone has Thaumcraft and Industrial Craft but no Mo'Creatures, they will be able to install just the ThaumCraft and Industrial Craft villages.
Of course... I have to make those other mod themed villages first, I am starting the Saxon culture with ThaumCraft.

This way, people who use modpacks other than FTB can use this culture.
felinoel

Postby rekless » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 pm

thats pretty brilliant.

I'm just getting into the mod scene now with millenaire but your idea sounds the most involved. I'll have to try new world since it has millenaire already included.

Should I uninstall my current millenaire to play it?
rekless

Postby felinoel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:35 am

rekless wrote:thats pretty brilliant.

I'm just getting into the mod scene now with millenaire but your idea sounds the most involved. I'll have to try new world since it has millenaire already included.

Should I uninstall my current millenaire to play it?

FTB uses a different launcher and has you set where to save the .minecraft data, you can just launch the launcher and nothing more.

That is why people use modpacks.
felinoel

Postby rekless » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 am

Just downloaded Thaumcraft onto the RPG mod pack.

I'll see if I can help at all after I get started
rekless

Postby druha » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 am

felinoel, what did you use to add the aspects to the other mods blocks and items?
druha

Postby felinoel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 am

druha wrote:felinoel, what did you use to add the aspects to the other mods blocks and items?

Do you mean... how did I give Millenaire items an aspect?

ALSO!
MAJOR update, this addon culture will have to be completely remade, what with the new aspects in ThaumCraft 4... x.x
felinoel

Postby druha » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am

felinoel wrote:
druha wrote:felinoel, what did you use to add the aspects to the other mods blocks and items?

ALSO!
MAJOR update, this addon culture will have to be completely remade, what with the new aspects in ThaumCraft 4... x.x

Yes, i meant other than vanilla blocks and items, so Millenaire. Or really any mod.

And whatever you come up with for that list for Millenaire I'll use the same thing. Note that entities can have aspects now, so Millenaire villagers will have to be added to the list.
druha

Postby felinoel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

druha wrote:
felinoel wrote:

ALSO!

Yes, i meant other than vanilla blocks and items, so Millenaire. Or really any mod.

And whatever you come up with for that list for Millenaire I'll use the same thing. Note that entities can have aspects now, so Millenaire villagers will have to be added to the list.
Oh yeah I forgot you're making your own ThaumCraft villages, I haven't played TC4 yet though so idk what to set for the aspects...
felinoel

Postby felinoel » Tue May 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Someone recently expressed interest in this culture so I might as well flesh out some details for the Ars Magica villages. Ars Magica has Light Mages, Dark Mages and Dryads as sentient NPCs, due to this I can have a couple Light Mage village types, two-ish Dryad village types, and Dark Mage bandits, but sadly the bandits wouldn't cast spells... /: Wonder if there is a way I can give bandits weapons...

There will be swamp and jungle villages for the Dryads, they will be nature-y, maybe the houses will be inside trees for the jungles and maybe I will use the Vanilla witch hut design for the swamps.

Light Mage villages will be very Norman-like, perhaps having some wizard towers and add a special bow or snowball that deals elemental damage.

Dark Mage bandit homes will be evil-looking necromatic-like huts, maybe having some wither skulls, maybe surround the house in soul sand, etc like that.

If I can make that bow or snowball be wieldable by them, the culture-specific item will be that, maybe add some sort of magic wall item that is made from those invisible wall blocks.
felinoel

Postby felinoel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm

felinoel wrote:
rekless wrote:is this still alive? I'm really looking forward to the integration with FTB.
I figured I was stretching myself too thin and that I should finish my Inuit culture first, which I believe I posted in the OP, but if you have any comments or additions please post them.
Inuits are in the latest beta release of Millenaire so it is time to revisit this!

First village will be Crimson Cultists.
http://thaumcraft-5.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crimson_Cult
felinoel

Postby felinoel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm

felinoel wrote:First village will be Crimson Cultists.
http://thaumcraft-5.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crimson_Cult

So what buildings will there be?

Here is a sidebyside of the buildings the Normans, Hindi, and Inuit have:
https://www.millenaire.org/wiki/User:Fe ... #Buildings

So an armory, food place, building material place like a stone carver or something, farms of both magical and food types, grove, quarry, cleric homes, knight forts, watchtowers, and a portal building for people to pray at, thoughts? Maybe more? Maye less?

EDIT:
Oh a mage crafter to maker magic items/blocks would be needed

Of course I would need a spa in there
felinoel

Postby felinoel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Eff it, I'll just discuss it all here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Thaumcraft/com ... _villages/
felinoel

Return to Millénaire custom content