1.6.4 New Blocklist with everything possible on it! (1.1)

Creating new content for Millénaire
LordDamien

1.6.4 New Blocklist with everything possible on it! (1.1)

Post by LordDamien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:14 am

Hi folks,

I've added all blocks until 1.6.4, including pots with all vegies, all kinds of redstone stuff (buttons, droppers, levers..), activated trapdors to create shutters and big pots, ANVILS, etc..

I will be very happy if you can test it and report any issues within. Miss any blocks?

Download in Library or here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxbaLX ... sp=sharing

Installation:
- Backup your blocklist file and color list, inside your .minecraft/mods/millenaire/ folder (copy it somewhere else or with a different name)
- Unzip this file contents to your .minecraft/mods/millenaire/ folder
- Now you should have all blocks working

List of everything working:

Ores and blocks: Ore emerald, Emerald block, Redstone block, Coal block, Chiseled Sandstone
Redstone stuff: Tripewire and tripwire source (AD), commandblock, beacon, Stone button (AD), Wood button (AD), weighted plate light and heavy, activator rail, hopper, comparator, trapdor active (Nice to do decorative stuff), lever (AD)
Nature stuff: flower pot with all vegies+mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, hayblock (AD), mycelium, fire (for fireplaces or quests)
Vanity (using some of Jamerance's* block list): Clay hardened and Stained Clay all collours, Carpet all colours, Cowebs
Useful stuff: Anvils (AD), Trapped Chests (AD), Ender Chests (AD)
Nether and Ender: Quartz Stairs (AD), Nether Stairs (AD), Nether fence, nether brick, nether quartz, quartz block, chiseled quartz, Quartz Pillar (AD), Ender portal block (AD), Endstone

Partially working:

Daylightgenerator: When using the import wand, there are many status so add it through png edition
Dropper and dispenser: Direction facing issues, similar to what happens sometimes with furnaces , 90% of the time works well
Heads or Skulls: When the skull is not in a wall, the direction doesn't work. Also it doesn't have skinning, so only skeleton skulls, yet, skulls! :)
Broken or Damaged Anvils: Really you need them? Too lazy to comply
Fire: It has multiple states like the daylightgenerator, so use png edition to add nice fireplaces ;)

Not working:
- Frames and maps: They are entities, not blocks, so it requires codding like with paintings. :(

*http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=173

Original post:
I'm working on a new ultra secret project, and I want to use most of the new blocks on the old 1.6.4.
After tweaking the block list, it worked well, however my concern is:

- What colors do I pick for new blocks, in order to make them compatible for every other minecraft custom builder?

I am worried that when a new release for Millenaire comes out, my buildings will be not compatible due using different colors for each one.

Help me obi wan, you're my only hope.
Last edited by LordDamien on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

druha

Re: 1.6.4 New Blocks (What colors to pick??)

Post by druha » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:05 am

LordDamien wrote:Hi folks,

I'm working on a new ultra secret project, and I want to use most of the new blocks on the old 1.6.4.
After tweaking the block list, it worked well, however my concern is:

- What colors do I pick for new blocks, in order to make them compatible for every other minecraft custom builder?

I am worried that when a new release for Millenaire comes out, my buildings will be not compatible due using different colors for each one.

Help me obi wan, you're my only hope.
Unfortunately if you're adding custom blocks you can pick any color, and so can any other custom content maker. There is currently nothing to automatically resolve block color conflicts.

As far as I know the only thing you can really do is go through the library, download everything and check the colors against each other.

Although making a program to go through and do that automatically and also change the colors in the images could be something I might look into later.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:15 am

druha wrote:Unfortunately if you're adding custom blocks you can pick any color, and so can any other custom content maker. There is currently nothing to automatically resolve block color conflicts.

As far as I know the only thing you can really do is go through the library, download everything and check the colors against each other.

Although making a program to go through and do that automatically and also change the colors in the images could be something I might look into later.
To be fair, there are a LOT of colors available...

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:16 am

Could we collaborate together all custom builders to agree on which colours we take on each block?

If necessary I can try to contact each builder in the library to check which colours did they use. However, if we found any conflict, I am not sure how to resolve it..

waddya think?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 am

Ok, I've sent a message to all of the ones that have a user here. I couldn't locate these:

CWJ - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=139
Ysil - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=137
NoxKerena - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=155
Baraban - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=167
Kerkold3D - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=164

Of course both Felinoel and Crikcrok have already seen this post, so no need to spam them, I think :)

Thanks

druha

Re: 1.6.4 New Blocklist with everything possible on it! (1.1

Post by druha » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:21 pm

I do not add any blocks to the block list. However, if you look you can see that I do add nearly every item that got missed in my itemlist.txt. Items don't use colors so it shouldn't matter but it should as a start if you are expanding what can be traded.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks Druha for answering.

On a side note:

I posted today as well this blocklist on the main topic on the Curse's forum and got the admin mad at me for self-advertising:
bl4ckscor3

Sent Today, 04:22 PM
You basically posted a library you made on the CustomNPC topic.
He is referring to Millenaire but no idea what's the library anyhow.. :?:

Simply it took me all the morning creating the list, and thought to share it so anybody else has access to those blocks..

oh curse you.. curse!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:18 pm

LordDamien wrote:A list of recent (from 1.5.x) builders:

felinoel - http://www.millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=172

Do you know any of them? Could you ask them to tell if they added extra blocks? This will help in order to sort it out.
I do not CURRENTLY add new blocks, not in the current release of my Inuits culture, but I am having a modmaker make me a mod that adds sodspruceplanks, sodjunglewoodplanks, sodoakplanks, sodbirchplanks (and I will add the new vanilla trees eventually), a fish carving (like the flower item), a hide wall hanging (like the painting), and I think I may be forgetting something...

But anyways if you could allocate space for me as well as IDs then I would be happy to follow your list.

I was planning to use 200/242/200, 200/242/201, 200/242/202, 200/242/203, etc

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Great!

Then when you have the blocks we can add them to the list. I checked your mention and the colours aren't repeating, so looks good.

Cheers,

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 pm

LordDamien wrote:Great!

Then when you have the blocks we can add them to the list. I checked your mention and the colours aren't repeating, so looks good.

Cheers,
Well you can assign blockIDs to them now and tell me what you've assigned and I will see with my modpack if they conflict and you can just add them to the list via that, right?

Or wait... it has been a while since I've last updated the color sheet... what does it use?

Earthworm

Post by Earthworm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:40 pm

I do add custom blocks to mine, I took a few from the Minecraftia Millenaire Mod, but others I added myself. Mine used Nether Bricks, All the clay colors, and carpets.

I started with the range of 20/0/0 through 20/0/59 for Base Minecraft stuff. I can probably fix mine though to whatever is agreed upon here.

I also added in some custom blocks from Biomes o Plenty and Extra Biomes XL, the problems is that at minecraft 1.6.4 I referenced my Block IDs, forgetting that Forge assigns Block IDs for those mods on startup the first time, so others will all have different IDs than mine, so I think my BoP and EBXL portions of my mod will be broke for most everyone. Do we know if there is any plans for Millenaire for 1.7 where we wouldn't have to reference IDs anymore?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi Earthworm,

I'm not sure if anybody else has started using the blocklist for exporting, if so, changing the colours for the blocks you mention (the vanilla ones) might be an issue.

On others mods blocks, as felinoel said, I'm not sure how to handle it.

So far, I think the best way to move forward is to create a document somewhere in the net with collaborative options, therefore we can add new blocks to it and share it on the fly.

What do you reckon? Does anybody has any similar tool you might like to use?

KingWulf

1.7.2 Blocklist

Post by KingWulf » Sat May 24, 2014 10:06 pm

I´ve tried out the blocklist but,
it works only with 1.7.2 if i delete the lines until:

#396 //ALL BLOCKS on 1.6.4 - Divided in sections/ LordDamien
#397 //Some are also from previous versions but where not added
#399 //Ores and blocks

Here how i've installed your blocklist:
...\mods\millenaire-custom\mods\blocklist\Colour Sheet.png
...\mods\millenaire-custom\mods\blocklist\blocklist.txt

Here is the result.
How to use all blocks?

Full view with Missing Red Points standing for missing Blocks!
http://picload.org/image/lclooar/modpack2.png
http://picload.org/image/lclooap/modpack.png