Marriage...!!!?!

Creating new content for Millénaire
felinoel

Marriage...!!!?!

Post by felinoel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:57 am

This likely will not work since I am unsure of the limitations of player housing, but IF a player housing can be populated by NPCs then one could essentially create a player house with a wife/husband populating it.
If that doesn't work though one could possibly take a regular house then and add on a subbuilding that is a player home?

Of course if this works this will be handled differently than a regular player home, it might even be free possibly but since it is also a player home it could be called a dream home or something like that for you and your betrothed and then you would be moving in together once that is built.

So this is ALL concept at the moment, I am not in the position to be capable of testing this out right now but if someone could test the below update to a player house and just toss it in the Norman buildings folder and test it out for me that would be awesome and if this works I should have marriage houses made for all of the cultures very shortly after it is confirmed to work.

Download test:
http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=177

Llurendt

Re: Marriage...!!!?!

Post by Llurendt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:43 am

A couple questions:

If you get the homes working properly, will the spouses then be made to act differently toward you?
Will you be able to ask them to do things?
Will they feed you? :D
Can you add to the village population? (nothing graphic would happen here, of course, but if you sleep at night in the same house, then maybe one morning, there will be new children running around the village, same as with regular villagers)

Just some thoughts and ideas to toss around.
Llurendt

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Will test that out later on :)

Is this similar to the player controlled townhalls? I know that on the LOM server (walled village) that a wife is spawned in the main house to act as "wife" although I'm not sure if this is the same with the normal Millenaire player controlled townhalls..

This would certainly be possible if the building was handled as one that could be built by the village (simply add a wife/husband villager to live there and no-one else) but it'll be interesting to try and get it to work as a player building..
Llurendt wrote:Will they feed you? :D
Made me laugh a little too much ;D If the villager in the player house was the standard female villager (in a norman village) then I believe the villager should still collect the bread and such and put it in the house to use. With the population also, could we not script it the same as a normal villager house and have the same parameters? Children is a chance thing I believe and doesn't (unfortunately) involve two villagers "getting it on"

Definitely something interesting!

TheAlphaTurkey;

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Heh, you could theoretically make a manor and have butlers/maids/servants that come with it too! Creative employment mechanisms, anyone?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Llurendt wrote:A couple questions:

If you get the homes working properly, will the spouses then be made to act differently toward you?
Not... quite...
I can have them say things though, sure.
Will you be able to ask them to do things?
Will they feed you? :D
No... sort of...
You COULD have a trade window programmed where they will obtain food and stuff for you and "trade" it for free though.
Can you add to the village population? (nothing graphic would happen here, of course, but if you sleep at night in the same house, then maybe one morning, there will be new children running around the village, same as with regular villagers)
No.
As a custom addon, this will not be possible.
TheAlphaTurkey wrote:Is this similar to the player controlled townhalls? I know that on the LOM server (walled village) that a wife is spawned in the main house to act as "wife" although I'm not sure if this is the same with the normal Millenaire player controlled townhalls.
I don't... think so?
It works in both kinds of village and it essentially builds a personal home and populates that home with a spouse.
This would certainly be possible if the building was handled as one that could be built by the village (simply add a wife/husband villager to live there and no-one else) but it'll be interesting to try and get it to work as a player building.
A player building is how the above is handled.
If they do something similar then this should work!? I will add it to the Library to hopefully get more testers.
Made me laugh a little too much ;D If the villager in the player house was the standard female villager (in a norman village) then I believe the villager should still collect the bread and such and put it in the house to use.
It is currently, but I plan to add two new villagers (wife and husband) with my own parameters if this works.
With the population also, could we not script it the same as a normal villager house and have the same parameters? Children is a chance thing I believe and doesn't (unfortunately) involve two villagers "getting it on"
Your guess is better than mine...

EDIT:
Has anyone had any success/failures with this?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am

So Minecraft 1.8 has a way to make entities in game so I don't need to wait any longer for a modder for my Inuits so be sure to check out my next Inuits release because it will have two versions, one with marriage and one without, also I will try to make it so your wife or husband makes dinner for you and it is the culture-specific food of the culture you marry in!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Someone requested a Japanese wife so I am making that available, I want to have the wife state things like how was your day and I love you but I was never any good at custom goals, does anyone know how to make a goSpeak goal?

Ticlon

Post by Ticlon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Hey fel,

guess there are two options:
First you can give them such .idle texts in their sentences if they should just say it.
Other than that you could use a quest interface if you want to have a kind of conversation.

For real converations... I think extra code is needed. Goals are just for `go there, craft this and talk about that`...

But long time ago since I last did this, so good luck :P

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Ticlon wrote:Hey fel,

guess there are two options:
First you can give them such .idle texts in their sentences if they should just say it.
Other than that you could use a quest interface if you want to have a kind of conversation.

For real converations... I think extra code is needed. Goals are just for `go there, craft this and talk about that`...

But long time ago since I last did this, so good luck :P
Oh no I just need idle texts for it to display over their head, quests aren't too needed though I really have no idea how to do that...

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Meh, what I have is fine for now, for the Inuits though I will want to be able to edit what is said so I will continue looking into it.

Version 0.2 is out! This one was made by request for a certain user and features a Japanese wife. The old Norman proof of concept wife build is still there and if anyone wants a husband or a wife from a different culture let me know!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:47 am

Version 0.4 is now out! This one has custom dowries for two people made by request and features a custom Japanese wife and two custom Norman wives. The old Norman proof of concept wife build is still there and if anyone wants a husband or a wife from a different culture let me know!

viking132

Post by viking132 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Any chance of a byzantine wife ? i always have a byzantine village being one of my favorite cultures despite being a little incomplete.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:49 am

viking132 wrote:Any chance of a byzantine wife ? i always have a byzantine village being one of my favorite cultures despite being a little incomplete.
Sure I could put together a Byzantine wife, I will need a preferred skin, first and last name, height (80% of player height is the general I've seen), house that comes with buying the wife (one of the Byzantine custom houses works or one of your own design), cost of buying the wife and house, and how much reputation you need (usually this would be a high amount of reputation but some people like to marry early.

I start my new job tomorrow so the fix which allows having kids update will be put on hold until I adjust to the new job.

Also hey... are you the person I was talking to on dire's video?

viking132

Post by viking132 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:25 am

I would go with one of us on rep makes sense to me 70-80% would be good on height I included a screen of the preferred skin its "vanilla" millenaire i couldnt find a good skin that fits in externally. and the Astiko chorio house or (villa urbana) house would be fantastic :) (not sure how it would work in a player controlled village) about 10 denier or. let me know if theres anymore details you need.

PS i doubt that was me the last comment i made was a very long time ago could you send me a link to the vid?

edit: blast the board attachment quota has been reached and i cant upload a pic of the skin :/ any idea how to get it to you?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:49 am

viking132 wrote:I would go with one of us on rep makes sense to me 70-80% would be good on height I included a screen of the preferred skin its "vanilla" millenaire i couldnt find a good skin that fits in externally. and the Astiko chorio house or (villa urbana) house would be fantastic :) (not sure how it would work in a player controlled village) about 10 denier or. let me know if theres anymore details you need.

PS i doubt that was me the last comment i made was a very long time ago could you send me a link to the vid?

edit: blast the board attachment quota has been reached and i cant upload a pic of the skin :/ any idea how to get it to you?
It was his Regrowth series.

Do you know what kind of villager it was?

viking132

Post by viking132 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:42 am

It was a byzantine shepherdess in silk clothes

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:11 am

viking132 wrote:It was a byzantine shepherdess in silk clothes
I can possibly find that skin from that description.

viking132

Post by viking132 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:36 am

Okay thank you very much :D

Sylvor

Post by Sylvor » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:28 am

So how does one procure a wife?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:35 am

Sylvor wrote:So how does one procure a wife?
Either by looking at how I do it for others and redesigning it to fit your needs or by having me make it