Help With Updated Block List By Jamerance

Creating new content for Millénaire
lurkerwithin

Help With Updated Block List By Jamerance

Post by lurkerwithin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Is it supposed to break vanilla buildings? Stairs, doors, signs, ladders and other things are placed wrong and even walls made of certain materials are missing. I have devmode=true and generate_colour_chart=true in my custom config.txt

felinoel

Re: Help With Updated Block List By Jamerance

Post by felinoel » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:19 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:Is it supposed to break vanilla buildings? Stairs, doors, signs, ladders and other things are placed wrong and even walls made of certain materials are missing. I have devmode=true and generate_colour_chart=true in my custom config.txt
The block list has those things placed in a certain direction, are you using the right colors?

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:28 pm

What do you mean by the right colours? It said to turn on the generate_colour_chart option. I did.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:What do you mean by the right colours? It said to turn on the generate_colour_chart option. I did.
Are you using plain Millenaire or custom buildings?

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:27 am

Plain Millenaire villages. I've given up on it, though and reinstalled Millenaire so I can play normally.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 pm

I too had issues with the buildings I generated, specially with colours.

It's a shame as I created a building with this block list, so I have to re-create it :(

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 am

lurkerwithin wrote:Plain Millenaire villages. I've given up on it, though and reinstalled Millenaire so I can play normally.
Woah what?
I thought you were making custom buildings...

If you are having these issues find the name of the buildings in which these issues are had and post about it on the Bug Reports page so the blueprint for those buildings can get fixed.
LordDamien wrote:I too had issues with the buildings I generated, specially with colours.

It's a shame as I created a building with this block list, so I have to re-create it :(
It is all buildings using that color?!
Ok... if that is the case then post that on the Bug Reports page.

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:28 am

felinoel wrote: Woah what?
I wanted to make a custom building with the updated list BUT installing the new blocklist.txt completely broke all Millenaire's villages. Not only were ladders, stairs and such screwy, but villages asked for things they normally make themselves like doors, signs, inverted stairs, ect.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:10 am

lurkerwithin wrote:
felinoel wrote: Woah what?
I wanted to make a custom building with the updated list BUT installing the new blocklist.txt completely broke all Millenaire's villages. Not only were ladders, stairs and such screwy, but villages asked for things they normally make themselves like doors, signs, inverted stairs, ect.
Ohhh I see, then...
felinoel wrote:post that on the Bug Reports page.
The dev will be unable to fix the issue unless he knows about it, and as it says in the MCF thread's OP, post bugs on the Bug Reports page on the wiki so that the dev can be notified of the issue.
Thanks in advance!