Custom goals

Creating new content for Millénaire
felinoel

Custom goals

Post by felinoel » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:42 am

Unknown goal found when loading villager type inuit_chef.txt: cookpotato amoung 180
lol all of this newfangled custom stuff in Millenaire has me pulling my hair out and I want to update my Inuits yesterday to out of their beta version and into a full, actually capable for real gameplay version!?!!

BUT this one in particular has me thrown... where do you put custom goals?
Why isn't there a custom goal guide? lol

Gavinator25

Re: Custom goals

Post by Gavinator25 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 am

I'm actually pretty sure that Kinniken has to actually code that into the mod. I have just been looking at previous goals, and there is really no where else to create goals besides actually hard coding it into the game. I'm sure your culture is fine without being able to cook potatoes though, right?
Seljuk Turks culture creator
Message me on here or at the minecraftforum.net at Gavinator25

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 am

Gavinator25 wrote:I'm actually pretty sure that Kinniken has to actually code that into the mod. I have just been looking at previous goals, and there is really no where else to create goals besides actually hard coding it into the game. I'm sure your culture is fine without being able to cook potatoes though, right?
...really?
But I thought a couple versions ago Kinn made custom goals possible?

(Also it isn't just the potatoes that I have custom goals for, I also have armor, tools, and decorations.)

druha

Post by druha » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:58 pm

felinoel wrote:
Gavinator25 wrote:I'm actually pretty sure that Kinniken has to actually code that into the mod. I have just been looking at previous goals, and there is really no where else to create goals besides actually hard coding it into the game. I'm sure your culture is fine without being able to cook potatoes though, right?
...really?

(Also it isn't just the potatoes that I have custom goals for, I also have armor, tools, and decorations.)
Custom goals are possible; I've done a bunch of them for my Minecraftia culture.

Assuming you have the inuits set up as a mod culture in .minecraft/mods/millenaire-custom/mods/inuits (or whatever you're calling the folder), under that you should create a 'goals' folder. In there you can create the 'genericcooking', 'genericcrafting', 'genericharvesting', and 'genericplanting' folders. In 'genericcooking' put your cook potato goal. As long as you did the file right everything should work fine.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:20 am

druha wrote:
felinoel wrote:...really?

Custom goals are possible; I've done a bunch of them for my Minecraftia culture.

Assuming you have the inuits set up as a mod culture in .minecraft/mods/millenaire-custom/mods/inuits (or whatever you're calling the folder), under that you should create a 'goals' folder. In there you can create the 'genericcooking', 'genericcrafting', 'genericharvesting', and 'genericplanting' folders. In 'genericcooking' put your cook potato goal. As long as you did the file right everything should work fine.
Sadly your assumption is wrong and it seems that THAT is my issue!

Huzzahs are in order.