Seljuk Turk suggestions

Creating new content for Millénaire
Gavinator25

Seljuk Turk suggestions

Post by Gavinator25 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:57 pm

I do not know if this is the correct place for this, but it seems like the best way to get some suggestions. If this is the wrong place to do this I will move the topic or just delete it.

Hello guys I think I'm about ready to continue work on the culture, but I will probably wait till Millenaire updates to 1.7.4 or at least 1.7.
I haven't been totally inactive and have built an additional fully upgradeable townhall. I still have my palace, but I have heard that most people don't really like it.

Here is the Turk Palace Image
This Palace is quite old and maybe too square looking but I am open to suggestions. It doesn't have any upgrades currently.

Here is the Turk Medrese Image
This is supposed to be an university, and I think it would be cool to break away from how every culture has a Fort, Palace, and some other random house for a chief. That being said I will still probably have a Fort and Palace and some random chief house. :P This would be a place where you could get healing potions, and maybe after quite a considerate amount of time a very low level enchantment. I want it to seem like you have to earn the enchantment. It has about 6 or 7 upgrades.

Here is the Trading Post Image
I don't really know where I was going with this. Maybe I will make a beefed up version for a towncenter. Maybe this current version is for a lone building. Anyway, it has 3 stables, three rooms, and then a little watchtower. It is pretty walled in, with the two entrances being under arches. The room next to the stables is a place where a couple will run the inn and trade with you. Maybe I will have one soldier guarding this building.

If you have any suggestions on these buildings or any other part of the culture, feel free to offer constructive comments below or if you are feeling destructive comments then go ahead and leave those too! Thanks!
Seljuk Turks culture creator
Message me on here or at the minecraftforum.net at Gavinator25

felinoel

Re: Seljuk Turk suggestions

Post by felinoel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:07 am

I see you are using specifically only the current culture items, have you considered the Mayan gold ornamental blocks?

Gavinator25

Post by Gavinator25 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:00 am

Do you mean use the those Mayan blocks as like a decoration? Currently the only culture block I am using is the Mud Brick, which works out pretty good for the Seljuks. From what I have read up on them, the type of building material was a tad bit red, and more mixed with clay. Right now though I like the Mud Bricks and they look good enough for me. For your Inuit culture do you use any other cultures items?
Seljuk Turks culture creator
Message me on here or at the minecraftforum.net at Gavinator25

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am

Gavinator25 wrote:Do you mean use the those Mayan blocks as like a decoration? Currently the only culture block I am using is the Mud Brick, which works out pretty good for the Seljuks. From what I have read up on them, the type of building material was a tad bit red, and more mixed with clay. Right now though I like the Mud Bricks and they look good enough for me.
Some quick googling resulted in various Turkish buildings that used gold in them, but... most of them were not quite the 11th century... CLOSE though.
Maybe if one researched more they could find 11th century use of gold in architecture?
Or... perhaps red clay blocks? That would require a new Millenaire block, the clay source block, it could be placed in a pond "building"
For your Inuit culture do you use any other cultures items?
Sadly my snow culture has no other culture like it (which is why I made it lol) and so there was no other culture specific items they could use.

MAYBE the timber frames for their log cabins... but they used mud to seal in the heat and so flimsy frames wouldn't have had the same effect. So I was forced to make timber blocks sealed up with mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pwrRcxu2tM

Deva_Path

Post by Deva_Path » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 am

The Trading Post already looks big enough to be a town center. The Byzantine trading village center actually looks a little similar, so some decorations added to the design could suffice.

Xavyer

Post by Xavyer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Did you know that there was a war between Seljuk Turks and Byzantines? :? :arrow: :idea: Will you make the relations between immediately Open Conflict?

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 am

Xavyer wrote:Did you know that there was a war between Seljuk Turks and Byzantines? :? :arrow: :idea: Will you make the relations between immediately Open Conflict?
I don't think Millenaire can do that. Different cultures have only Bad relations at start, that is kinda fixed.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:03 am

carriontrooper wrote:
Xavyer wrote:Did you know that there was a war between Seljuk Turks and Byzantines? :? :arrow: :idea: Will you make the relations between immediately Open Conflict?
I don't think Millenaire can do that. Different cultures have only Bad relations at start, that is kinda fixed.
No I believe that that can be adjusted, I asked when I first started making my Inuit culture because the Inuits were communistic and when new people came the Inuits fed and clothed and kept those new people warm no matter how much those new people took so they can't start out with bad relations, maybe neutral.