How to make a Townhall

Creating new content for Millénaire
KingWulf

How to make a Townhall

Post by KingWulf » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey Guys i already build my full culture, buildings, skins, extra items, but my townhall dont work, i dont know how to make this *signs, sleeping position and shop position
can anybody make me a little, tutorial throth pictures, with building code please ;)

PS: Excuse my keyboard for the grammar.

felinoel

Re: How to make a Townhall

Post by felinoel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:08 pm

I really just reverse engineered things to get stuff working for my Inuits, not entirely sure of anything... x.x;

Only the dev really knows all but he is too busy with real life and updating Millenaire to do such things as instructional videos.

KingWulf

Post by KingWulf » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 pm

felinoel wrote:Only the dev really knows all
:/ hmm if that is so ... thanks for the reply

druha

Post by druha » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm

KingWulf wrote:
I can try to write something up when I get home, but I wouldn't be able to make you a video.

Town Hall signs are a hard concept to get your head around. It took me quite a while to figure it out and even still when I do a new town hall I never get it right on the first try.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 am

KingWulf wrote:
Well since he is the one who wrote it he would be the one who knows it all lol

KingWulf

Post by KingWulf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

druha wrote: I can try to write something up when I get home, but I wouldn't be able to make you a video.
If you can make this, it will be very helpfull
druha wrote: Town Hall signs are a hard concept to get your head around. It took me quite a while to figure it out and even still when I do a new town hall I never get it right on the first try.
oh yea, i sit here already since 5 days,and already try all thins what i can think out.

druha

Post by druha » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 am

So town hall signs.

You must have exactly 9 of them. More or less will not work.

From the color sheet you must use one of these: signwallGuess, signwallTop, signwallBottom, signwallLeft, or signwallRight. plainSignGuess will not work. You will have to do this part in a graphics editor.

On your building plan, place the signs in the positions you them to be in. Note that you can not change this location between upgrades or it will break the town hall.

Then go into your town hall definition text file and add signs:0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on the first line.

Load up Minecraft and find the village you are making. Easiest way to do that is to remove all the other cultures so your's is the only one and also make the world a flat world.

Go to the town hall of the village and look at signs there. Write down what each sign has on it and note it's location in your town hall. Then use this guide: http://millenaire.org/wiki/Guide_on_making_a_Town_Hall to equate that to a number 0 through 8.

Then you can go into your town hall definition file and swap the numbers around until you have the signs that you want next to each other.

Once you have the signs you will also need a sleepingPos and a mainchest within the building, both from the color sheet.