An idea for Village expansion and buildings.

Creating new content for Millénaire
xDemonTaco

An idea for Village expansion and buildings.

Post by xDemonTaco » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 am

Millenaire is pretty much a village mod, I don't know if anyone feels the same way but I think Millenaire should be a City, Kingdom, or Nation mod, not just making the map bigger, I mean like a Norman Kingdom with a giant castle in the middle with tons more villagers, like a citizen, adventurer, engineer, generals, stableman, archer, knight, librarian, scientist, pikeman, composite bowman, architect, And raids should be much bigger. I think the normal 3-6 person raid is way to small, like an army attacking. I guess what I am trying to say I think everything should be alot bigger. Does anyone agree?

felinoel

Re: An idea for Village expansion and buildings.

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:48 am

But... there IS a Norman town with a castle in the middle, it was one of the original towns.
and if you expand it enough there is essentially all of those villagers you've listed.

Also, suggestions go on the Suggestions page on the wiki.

Ticlon

Post by Ticlon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Armies would be very laggy as well. The more mobs active, the more lag. Minecrafts Engine is sadly very poor...

xDemonTaco

Post by xDemonTaco » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:03 pm

felinoel wrote:But... there IS a Norman town with a castle in the middle, it was one of the original towns.
and if you expand it enough there is essentially all of those villagers you've listed.

That is a small fort. I mean alot bigger and more complex like the knights guard the entrance and once in a while a bard or something would come in to entertain the king.

Also its because I like to hear peoples feedback before I post an idea there to make sure its not a bad idea.

EDIT:
Ticlon wrote:Armies would be very laggy as well. The more mobs active, the more lag. Minecrafts Engine is sadly very poor...
Yea good point. Could they possibly make the raids more simple but bigger?
Last edited by xDemonTaco on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:16 pm

xDemonTaco wrote:
felinoel wrote:But... there IS a Norman town with a castle in the middle, it was one of the original towns.

That is a small fort. I mean alot bigger and more complex like the knights guard the entrance and once in a while a bard or something would come in to entertain the king.

Also its because I like to hear peoples feedback before I post an idea there to make sure its not a bad idea.

EDIT:
Ticlon wrote:Armies would be very laggy as well. The more mobs active, the more lag. Minecrafts Engine is sadly very poor...
Please do not double post.

Something HUGE would never be able to spawn, well maybe in a desert...

Sure he could have a group of ten people be technically one person, and then have three of them.
That way it looks like thirty people but their movements are all just three people.
But it would look terrible.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 am

Huh, that's an idea, maybe formations as a single mob? Useful for pike formations and stuff. But in any case, full-on battles like in Total War series would need tons of processing power.
But still, a fun idea nonetheless.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:42 am

felinoel wrote:Also, suggestions go on the Suggestions page on the wiki.

ranthedark

Post by ranthedark » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:53 am

you could make a custom structure if you really want to have a bigger castle.

xDemonTaco

Post by xDemonTaco » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 pm

felinoel wrote:
xDemonTaco wrote:

EDIT:
Please do not double post.

Something HUGE would never be able to spawn, well maybe in a desert...

Sure he could have a group of ten people be technically one person, and then have three of them.
That way it looks like thirty people but their movements are all just three people.
But it would look terrible.
I have an idea, how about there would be wave after wave of men. Like the battle happens all day and they come in waves of 5 or 6?