Space Base Project - Need help from players!

Creating new content for Millénaire
imnotanexpert

Space Base Project - Need help from players!

Post by imnotanexpert » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:59 am

The idea:
There is a incredibly massive space base, which can be up to 256x256 blocks (i believe). Now because there is no space biome in minecraft, you'll have to use your imagination, or use a mod like solar apocalypse to kill all surface life (although im not sure what effects this will have on the robots on the outside when they raid, and outside glass would have to be replaced with the special safe glass), or simply download the map when it has been made.

These are sectors to the base:
The 'Life' sector: apartments, libraries, religious building, public areas, hospital? etc

The 'Industrial' sector: mines, workshop, armoury, barracks, repair centre for robots (hospital?)

The 'Military' Sector: Mostly above ground buildings, for the droid militia.

The 'Agricultural' Sector: Giant glass domes on the surface where all of the plant life is grown, and also a garden area.

Robots (npc's with different skins) will be the sole military force of the base. They can survive the outside conditions because they are purely mechanic (you'll have to use your imagination for this bit because all the npc's can survive outside). Therefore they can venture out to other bases and raid.

The space humans will live in apartments, and set off each day to either the agricultural or industrial sector where they work.

Now, im not quite sure how the robots will 'breed', but it definitely wont be with the humans.
The entire base will be one structure, sub buildings within the townhall.
Robots are npc's with different skins and are unable to breed with humans.
Most of the base is underground, with only some areas on the surface - i'm not sure how good the path finding mechanic is though.

This is subject to change and most likely will: The agricultural dome on the planet surface. To the right of this picture there is a proper space base entrance (yes, with two doors that wont be both open at the same time so air won't escape. see, i've thought about these things to make it more realistic)

I need a strong team of people to help out with this, as it won't get finished on my own.

imnotanexpert

Re: Space Base Project - Need help from players!

Post by imnotanexpert » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I ask again, I need help from players.

Maik

Post by Maik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Where did I find you.
I am willing to help you :D but I need your Server IP to join in.

imnotanexpert

Post by imnotanexpert » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:37 pm

thanks great, ill try and set one up, but i might have to wait until i get back from holiday in 2 weeks though.

Maik

Post by Maik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:46 pm

I can wait for you :mrgreen:
Enjoy your holidays

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:14 am

Is this a space culture?
If so, I recommend setting the buildings to be built high, HIGH up in the sky.

imnotanexpert

Post by imnotanexpert » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 am

felinoel wrote:Is this a space culture?
Yes, its a future culture of humans exploring other planets. A lot of them are iron miners, so a large part of the base is underground.

I've had another idea:
the main objective of the colony is to do research. Some of the npcs are scientists and 'make science' for their company, other bases would raid to steal their 'science', and lone native buildings would raid to destroy their 'science'.
But I think this would need some expert knowledge for this to work, from someone who knows the insides of millenaire better than i do

btw the underground apartments block is almost completed.Except I cant finish it because my laptop lead has stopped working :(

Maik

Post by Maik » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

He had a god idea.
But only experts can help us.
Other thing :
You said you had finifhed the lower appartment block and you laptop don't work.
Should I help you with the buildings.

You can write me a mail back if you want.

druha

Post by druha » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 pm

imnotanexpert wrote:
felinoel wrote:Is this a space culture?
Yes, its a future culture of humans exploring other planets. A lot of them are iron miners, so a large part of the base is underground.

I've had another idea:
the main objective of the colony is to do research. Some of the npcs are scientists and 'make science' for their company, other bases would raid to steal their 'science', and lone native buildings would raid to destroy their 'science'.
But I think this would need some expert knowledge for this to work, from someone who knows the insides of millenaire better than i do

btw the underground apartments block is almost completed.Except I cant finish it because my laptop lead has stopped working :(
While the extra bits for raiding would be really cool, currently the raiding system does not allow for the kinda of thing you want to do. A few reasons:
1. A raid is only complete when the entirety of one force or the other is completely dead. This wouldn't allow for a raiding party to come in, kill a few, take some stuff, and leave.
2. Raiding parties don't take materials that they find in raiding back with them.
3. Raiding parties don't destroy any buildings, only people.

These are all pretty cool things for a raiding party to do, you should put it up on the Suggestions page.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 pm

imnotanexpert wrote:But I think this would need some expert knowledge for this to work, from someone who knows the insides of millenaire better than i do
Here is some, the villagers will not like being underground and likely will teleport to the surface, probably.