Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Creating new content for Millénaire
Post Reply
User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:19 pm

This is a Millenaire rework of the vanilla Minecraft villages.

It includes a full, complete culture, both plains/forests and deserts villages, all vanilla buildings plus a new town hall, all regular NPCs with new textures, all NPC shops plus the new town hall shop, and quests!

The quests are designed as a tutorial to Minecraft, introducing you to each and every item in the game, how to obtain or craft it, all monsters, all animals and plants, and all world gen structures. There is also one secret quest for obtaining Bottles o' Enchanting.

Minecraft's vanilla culture is a peaceful people and won't go on raids, but they will, of course, defend themselves.

This culture comes ready for use in ExtrabiomesXL and now in version 2, Biomes O' Plenty!

Go download from the Millenaire library! http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=150

And a pretty easy installation:
1. Extract the 2 zip files from the Millenaire_vanillaAddOnFor152_v2.zip file
2. Extract the contents of the zip file Millenaire_vanillaAddOnFiles.zip to your .minecraft/mods/millenaire-custom/mods folder
3. Extract the contents of the zip file Millenaire_vanillaAddOnGraphics.zip to your .minecraft folder
3a. Or extract the contents of the zip file Millenaire_vanillaAddOnGraphics.zip and place them in your millenaire5.x.x.zip file
3b. Or keep it as a zip file and let a custom launcher extract and load it for you.
4. You may need to change some options in the config: generate_colour_chart to true and generate_goods_list to true.
5. Run Minecraft and enjoy!

Image
A full, starting village

Image
The new town hall

Image
And just a picture of a villager building a house

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Might you consider adding in pigmen (non-zombie) as some of the villagers of this too?
That might be cool.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:10 pm

felinoel wrote:Might you consider adding in pigmen (non-zombie) as some of the villagers of this too?
That might be cool.
If it's not in Vanilla, I'm not adding it. However, that could be a nice other culture on it's own. Or, it could fit right in with your Thaumcraft culture, as Thaumcraft is based on the old RPG Ars Magica (not the Minecraft mod), which does have pigmen featured in it's illustrations.

Ticlon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Ticlon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Good Job, druha!

I guess he wants pigmen as those were originally intended to be the villagers of Minecraft ;)
And they would have been a way better villagers as those squidwards, Mojang...

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:41 pm

druha wrote:If it's not in Vanilla, I'm not adding it. However, that could be a nice other culture on it's own. Or, it could fit right in with your Thaumcraft culture, as Thaumcraft is based on the old RPG Ars Magica (not the Minecraft mod), which does have pigmen featured in it's illustrations.
Well pigmen technically are in Vanilla... just the zombie versions of them are lol.
Ticlon wrote:I guess he wants pigmen as those were originally intended to be the villagers of Minecraft ;)
And they would have been a way better villagers as those squidwards, Mojang...
lol yes, yes he does. He as in me.

I was considering adding live pigman lonebuildings for the Nether (lonebuildings because there isn't enough room for full villages to spawn) but then Kinn put that alternate dimension-wide ban on all spawnings due to various reasons so now things can't spawn in the Nether.



I am just suggesting a fifty fifty chance of any villager having a Testificate or a pigman skin. All villagers would have two possible skins, one Testificate and one pigman. lol no worries though.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:22 am

When were pigmen supposed to be villagers? I've been playing since Alpha and I don't remember that. Maybe I missed it, I didn't follow all the snapshots and Friday surprises.

But I do agree, pigmen would have been much better than the squidwards.

I'll think about adding alternate villager skins.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm

druha wrote:When were pigmen supposed to be villagers? I've been playing since Alpha and I don't remember that. Maybe I missed it, I didn't follow all the snapshots and Friday surprises.

But I do agree, pigmen would have been much better than the squidwards.

I'll think about adding alternate villager skins.
Notch promised it and it was a great disappointment to many fans, see here for a fun video making fun of one of those fans who was disappointed as read by Simon of the Yogscast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KyQX45c3Qw

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Minecraftia for Minecraft 1.6.2 and Millenaire 5.1.9 is out! And just for felinoel there are Pigmen!

Go download it now: http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=162

This is a Millenaire rework of the vanilla Minecraft villages.

It includes a full, complete culture, both plains/forests and deserts villages, all vanilla buildings plus a new town hall, all regular NPCs with new textures, all NPC shops plus the new town hall shop, and quests!

The quests are designed as a tutorial to Minecraft, introducing you to each and every item in the game, how to obtain or craft it, all monsters, all animals and plants, and all world gen structures. There is also one secret quest for obtaining Bottles o' Enchanting.

Minecraft's vanilla culture is a peaceful people and won't go on raids, but they will, of course, defend themselves.

This culture comes ready for use in ExtrabiomesXL and Biomes O' Plenty!

New content for Minecraft 1.6.2:
Quests: Horse, Donkey, Mules info; Hay Bale recipe; Horse Armor info; Clay Block and Hardened Clay recipes; Block of Coal info; Carpet and Stained Hardened Clay info; Saddles on Horses info; Golden Apple recipe change; Lead recipe and Name Tag info; Glistering Melon recipe change
Villagers: There is now a 10% chance any villager could be a Pigman!
Villages: A secret, rather rare all Pigman village! Can you find it?

And a pretty easy installation:
1. Extract the 2 zip files from the Millenaire_vanillaAddOn.zip file
2. Extract the contents of the zip file Millenaire_vanillaAddOnFiles.zip to your .minecraft/mods/millenaire-custom/mods folder
3. Extract the contents of the zip file Millenaire_vanillaAddOnGraphics.zip to your .minecraft/mods/millenaire-jar-5.1.8 folder
4. In .minecraft/mods/millenaire/config.txt set generate_goods_list=true
5. Run Minecraft and enjoy!

SoNick
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by SoNick » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:54 am

This sounds rather neat! I'll definitely have to add it to my game when I play next!

SirKline
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by SirKline » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Is it still good for use in 1.6.4? Like the idea, using MCA (Minecraft Comes Alive) which I may have to disable but meh, like this better.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 am

SirKline wrote:Is it still good for use in 1.6.4? Like the idea, using MCA (Minecraft Comes Alive) which I may have to disable but meh, like this better.
Yes, it will work with 1.6.4.

Llurendt
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Llurendt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:55 am

I was kinda wondering about this vs MCA too... If this is as complete as you say it is, I may very well replace MCA with this. :D I also have Custom NPC's, but there's no way I'm replacing that one... it's too damned good! :D

Edit: heck, marriage might be a nice feature, too, though probably out of the bounds of your custom content, lol.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:34 am

Llurendt wrote:I was kinda wondering about this vs MCA too... If this is as complete as you say it is, I may very well replace MCA with this. :D I also have Custom NPC's, but there's no way I'm replacing that one... it's too damned good! :D

Edit: heck, marriage might be a nice feature, too, though probably out of the bounds of your custom content, lol.
What is MCA?

Yes, sadly marriage is indeed out of bounds for a custom culture... unless...
I wonder... lol hey I just got an idea on how to make that work! It likely will not work but hey no point in not trying!
http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=392

Llurendt
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Llurendt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:49 am

MCA is Minecraft Comes Alive. It is a pretty cool mod that revamps vanilla villages quite nicely and adds the ability to marry and have children with the villagers and with other players. (I should probably state at this point that the villagers are no longer squidwards... cause that would be weird.)

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:00 am

Llurendt wrote:MCA is Minecraft Comes Alive. It is a pretty cool mod that revamps vanilla villages quite nicely and adds the ability to marry and have children with the villagers and with other players. (I should probably state at this point that the villagers are no longer squidwards... cause that would be weird.)
It... lets you have children with other players? o.O

Llurendt
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Llurendt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah, lol, I have no idea how minecraft babies are made, but apparently, it IS possible. :P

Check here for more details:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/926 ... downloads/

NocturneBlock
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by NocturneBlock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm playing this on 1.6.4, and have one Minecraftia village, but it seems a bit glitchy. The Village Map doesn't work (the graphical part never generates), and the villagers are acting very odd compared to most cultures. They walk a lot faster and hold still a lot less, and they tend to gather into two huge groups, one centered on one of the doors to the Town Hall the other near the well. I grasp that when they are "Off to Chat" they are meant to find another villager and have their clue-bearing conversations, but when there are four of those conversations going on literally on top of one another, it's a lot less useful and more chaotic, and the mass of overhead text makes it hard to read any of it in-world. Also, the combination of them pretty much always running unless they are chatting or sleeping and the tendency to clump up makes it hard to find the ones that have quests.

I am happy to help with debugging and to provide more information about my setup, etc., if you find that useful. Even with these issues, I am liking the addition quite a bit.
Last edited by NocturneBlock on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am

NocturneBlock wrote:I'm playing this on 1.6.4, and have one Minecraftia village, but it seems a bit glitchy. The Village Map doesn't work (the graphical part never generates), and the villagers are acting very odd compared to most cultures. They walk a lot faster and hold still a lot less, and they tend to gather into two huge groups, one centered on one of the doors to the Town Hall the other near the well. I grasp that when they are "Off to Chat" they are meant to find another villager and have their clue-bearing conversations, but when there are four of those conversations going on literally on top of one another, it's a lot less useful and more chaotic, and the mass of overhead text makes it hard to read any of it in-world. Also, the combination of them pretty much always running unless they are chatting or sleeping and the tendency to clump up makes it hard to find the ones that have quests.

I am happy to help with debugging and to provide more information about my setup, etc., if you find that useful. Even with these issues, I am liking the addition quite a bit.
The village map not generating is definitely a bug, and I've seen it too. I believe that it's caused by setting the village radius in the files too high. You can make this lower yourself and see if that fixes it. I will be decreasing it in the next version, whenever Millenaire is updated to 1.7.x.

The clumped chatting is due to there being 2 main spots in a given village where villagers will go to chat, the well and the town hall. Not much I can do about this as whenever the villagers aren't working, they go to chat and they don't have a lot of tasks to do. I could make another chatting spot, which would spread them out a bit. I could possibly also come up with some time wasting tasks that don't actually do anything to keep them from chatting so much.

I don't know why they are walking quickly in your game, that's not something I have control over.

NocturneBlock
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by NocturneBlock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 am

druha wrote: The village map not generating is definitely a bug, and I've seen it too. I believe that it's caused by setting the village radius in the files too high. You can make this lower yourself and see if that fixes it. I will be decreasing it in the next version, whenever Millenaire is updated to 1.7.x.

The clumped chatting is due to there being 2 main spots in a given village where villagers will go to chat, the well and the town hall. Not much I can do about this as whenever the villagers aren't working, they go to chat and they don't have a lot of tasks to do. I could make another chatting spot, which would spread them out a bit. I could possibly also come up with some time wasting tasks that don't actually do anything to keep them from chatting so much.

I don't know why they are walking quickly in your game, that's not something I have control over.
I have village radius set in the Millenaire settings to the default of 65, I know there was a warning that it's not recommended to set it over 70. what is the default in MInecraftia villages?

If you could even put more locations within those descriptors, like one at each corner of the well, one in the middle of the town hall and one at each door, things like that, it would help. They all seem to be trying to stand in literally the same spot, which can get problematic fast. If you want to add other locations entirely, lampposts would be a logical place for people to hang out, as they are symbolic crossroads (even if they really aren't in the path setup).

Also, I am not sure what caused this, but the builders made a couple of farms with no dirt layer in their fields, just the water down the middle. At first I thought they were fish farms or something, so I left them alone, but when the villagers never did anything with them, I put dirt where it would usually be, and they took up farming as usual. Not a big deal to fix, but odd within the idiom of the game.

And one note about the model of the town hall- I noticed that you have improved the anti-spawn lighting on many buildings, and the Town Hall is an excellent example, but adding a few torches on the roof is needed to keep things from spawning on top at night. Not sure if that's even a goal, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for the quick response- I will try adjusting the village radius to get the map working. :-)

ETA: I compared your village files to some of the core villages- it seems the Village Radius setting has been removed from the village files completely, probably in favor of the setting that has been added to the in-game Millenaire UI. Removing that line from your village files brings them more in line with the core files (I didn't check for other differences) and fixed the map.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 am

NocturneBlock wrote:I'm playing this on 1.6.4, and have one Minecraftia village, but it seems a bit glitchy. The Village Map doesn't work (the graphical part never generates), and the villagers are acting very odd compared to most cultures.
Not sure about that map thing... sounds like it could be an issue with your installation.

Try this:
http://millenaire.org/wiki/User:Felinoe ... aire_Broke

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:47 pm

NocturneBlock wrote: I have village radius set in the Millenaire settings to the default of 65, I know there was a warning that it's not recommended to set it over 70. what is the default in MInecraftia villages?

If you could even put more locations within those descriptors, like one at each corner of the well, one in the middle of the town hall and one at each door, things like that, it would help. They all seem to be trying to stand in literally the same spot, which can get problematic fast. If you want to add other locations entirely, lampposts would be a logical place for people to hang out, as they are symbolic crossroads (even if they really aren't in the path setup).

Also, I am not sure what caused this, but the builders made a couple of farms with no dirt layer in their fields, just the water down the middle. At first I thought they were fish farms or something, so I left them alone, but when the villagers never did anything with them, I put dirt where it would usually be, and they took up farming as usual. Not a big deal to fix, but odd within the idiom of the game.

And one note about the model of the town hall- I noticed that you have improved the anti-spawn lighting on many buildings, and the Town Hall is an excellent example, but adding a few torches on the roof is needed to keep things from spawning on top at night. Not sure if that's even a goal, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for the quick response- I will try adjusting the village radius to get the map working. :-)

ETA: I compared your village files to some of the core villages- it seems the Village Radius setting has been removed from the village files completely, probably in favor of the setting that has been added to the in-game Millenaire UI. Removing that line from your village files brings them more in line with the core files (I didn't check for other differences) and fixed the map.
Yeah, I have the village radius for the Minecraftia villages set to 80. A bit too big I guess.

I'll add some more chat spots but unfortunately it will have to be with other buildings as each building is only allowed one chat spot. The lampposts are a good idea.

I know about the couple of farm buildings that don't have dirt. They actually do have the dirt in the building design files and it's only with the potato farms that it doesn't work. I'm not really sure why but potato farming was only added in the last few releases of Millenaire so maybe there's some bugs that still need to be worked out with that.

Yeah, I added a lot of lighting to the buildings as I feel that any village that's native to and surviving the Minecraft world knows the rule that monsters come out in the dark. I didn't fully light the town hall's roof just because I didn't like the torches looked on top of it. I'll have to fiddle around and see if I can come up with something I like the look of and does the job.

oblisgr
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by oblisgr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:24 pm

You need to put villagers that collect stone, wood and wool in order to make the village grow up itself. I tried to create such proffesions but millenaire refuses to work with it.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:43 am

oblisgr wrote:You need to put villagers that collect stone, wood and wool in order to make the village grow up itself. I tried to create such proffesions but millenaire refuses to work with it.
I haven't put those in because vanilla Minecraft does not have villagers that would do those tasks. Although I am thinking of adding them for the 1.7 release.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:54 am

druha wrote:
oblisgr wrote:You need to put villagers that collect stone, wood and wool in order to make the village grow up itself. I tried to create such proffesions but millenaire refuses to work with it.
I haven't put those in because vanilla Minecraft does not have villagers that would do those tasks. Although I am thinking of adding them for the 1.7 release.
You can always make new villagers.

oblisgr
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by oblisgr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:21 pm

There are miners in Vanilla!!! (They are just useless like the rest of villagers :P)

I have managed after 2 days of research and tests to create a miner for your village. He needs to have a wife because nobody comes to get the materials from him.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm

oblisgr wrote:There are miners in Vanilla!!! (They are just useless like the rest of villagers :P)

I have managed after 2 days of research and tests to create a miner for your village. He needs to have a wife because nobody comes to get the materials from him.
idk, which clothing color is the miner?

NocturneBlock
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 am

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by NocturneBlock » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 am

I am now living in a Minecraftian village, and I have discovered a couple of issues.

1: There seems to be a glitch with lampposts; sometimes they are built considerably below the level of the surrounding terrain, usually 10-20 blocks lower. I suspect a glitch in the under-fill part of construction (the bit where they fill in caverns to X depth), as it seems to only happen if there is a cavity below the intended building site. Since they don't have any functional parts that I know of, other than the torches providing light, I have been just filling in the holes and moving them up to a reasonable level, but this could be a major problem if you decide to make lampposts into gathering spots, as mentioned before.

2: The villagers don't respect property lines, and intermittently teleport past fences. This has two aspects that bother me:

a: They steal my crops. If I am farming a resource they recognize, the farmers will come running to grab my drops when I do a harvest and replant cycle. Ironically, they will then offer to sell me the produced items, such as cookies from stolen cacao beans. :-J

b: They jump on my cropland. They seem to be able to intermittently teleport past fences (I suspect as a side effect of their pathfinding AI trying to get around obstacles on their path), and they seem to like hanging out in my garden to chat with one another. There is a fence around the area to keep monsters and animals out, and frequently the villagers can get in, but not out immediately, so they do their jumping thing for a little while, which undoes my cropland (without uprooting potatoes or carrots- I think they might have uprooted some wheat, but that could have just been my BF not doing a thorough job of replanting).

I would appreciate it if their AI could be modified to keep them from entering the purple area of the property I paid so handsomely for. I would love it if they could be trained only to take resource drops from their own farms, but I suspect that might be more difficult. I do think it's cool that they are smart enough to gather resources they didn't specifically plant, but there needs to be some kind of exemption for player property; it's really annoying and somewhat dangerous to have to farm at night to avoid losing the drops. I am also worried about how this will affect my planned animal pen; I suspect I will have the town Butchers treating my carefully-cultivated livestock as if it is free-roaming fair game. :-(

Not sure if the AI thing is universal to Millenaire villagers, or specific to Minecraftia, as this is the first time I have seriously attempted living in a village rather than in a base nearby. Either way, I am hoping it can be fixed, as it seriously damages the benefits of the player-owned plots and buildings if you can't do key activities there. I have had a livestock area in a Norman village before, and didn't notice any problems, but I might just have not been paying sufficient attention. I have noticed that if you drop anything the village needs in a shop area (specifically the town hall), the drops tend to disappear, but I hadn't checked to see if they were ending up in the town's chests. I do know the player who dropped them didn't get paid for them, so this could be considered a bug, or just "I thought it was a donation" behavior on the part of the NPCs. :-J

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm

NocturneBlock wrote:I am now living in a Minecraftian village, and I have discovered a couple of issues.

1: There seems to be a glitch with lampposts; sometimes they are built considerably below the level of the surrounding terrain, usually 10-20 blocks lower. I suspect a glitch in the under-fill part of construction (the bit where they fill in caverns to X depth), as it seems to only happen if there is a cavity below the intended building site. Since they don't have any functional parts that I know of, other than the torches providing light, I have been just filling in the holes and moving them up to a reasonable level, but this could be a major problem if you decide to make lampposts into gathering spots, as mentioned before.

2: The villagers don't respect property lines, and intermittently teleport past fences. This has two aspects that bother me:

a: They steal my crops. If I am farming a resource they recognize, the farmers will come running to grab my drops when I do a harvest and replant cycle. Ironically, they will then offer to sell me the produced items, such as cookies from stolen cacao beans. :-J

b: They jump on my cropland. They seem to be able to intermittently teleport past fences (I suspect as a side effect of their pathfinding AI trying to get around obstacles on their path), and they seem to like hanging out in my garden to chat with one another. There is a fence around the area to keep monsters and animals out, and frequently the villagers can get in, but not out immediately, so they do their jumping thing for a little while, which undoes my cropland (without uprooting potatoes or carrots- I think they might have uprooted some wheat, but that could have just been my BF not doing a thorough job of replanting).

I would appreciate it if their AI could be modified to keep them from entering the purple area of the property I paid so handsomely for. I would love it if they could be trained only to take resource drops from their own farms, but I suspect that might be more difficult. I do think it's cool that they are smart enough to gather resources they didn't specifically plant, but there needs to be some kind of exemption for player property; it's really annoying and somewhat dangerous to have to farm at night to avoid losing the drops. I am also worried about how this will affect my planned animal pen; I suspect I will have the town Butchers treating my carefully-cultivated livestock as if it is free-roaming fair game. :-(

Not sure if the AI thing is universal to Millenaire villagers, or specific to Minecraftia, as this is the first time I have seriously attempted living in a village rather than in a base nearby. Either way, I am hoping it can be fixed, as it seriously damages the benefits of the player-owned plots and buildings if you can't do key activities there. I have had a livestock area in a Norman village before, and didn't notice any problems, but I might just have not been paying sufficient attention. I have noticed that if you drop anything the village needs in a shop area (specifically the town hall), the drops tend to disappear, but I hadn't checked to see if they were ending up in the town's chests. I do know the player who dropped them didn't get paid for them, so this could be considered a bug, or just "I thought it was a donation" behavior on the part of the NPCs. :-J
Quite a lot here, let's go through each of these.

1. I have actually never encountered this before in all of my testing. The lamppost is set to be built at surface level in the config files. It' true that they don't currently serve any purpose other than producing light. I'll see if I can reproduce this one, but right now I don't know what would cause it.

2. This is something you may have to live with; this is not unique to Minecraftia, all the cultures kinda do this.
2a. There is something going on here. The farmers should only recognize their own home as an acceptable planting/harvesting building. I'll have to look into this but it might be a Millenaire thing.
2b. That is definitely the pathfinding AI and nothing I can really do about it. Kinniken will have to take a look at that one.
2c. The Butchers should also not slaughter animals on you land as they shouldn't recognize it as a valid building for that task. But since the farmers seem to be ignoring that I don't really know. It will require some testing.

The villagers are coded to come pick up anything that the town could use if it is dropped on the ground. So those things you dropped did become donations. And this is pretty standard for the different cultures. I've watched Normans come running from across the entire village while was cutting down trees before to grab the wood that fell.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:35 am

NocturneBlock wrote:They steal my crops. If I am farming a resource they recognize, the farmers will come running to grab my drops when I do a harvest and replant cycle. Ironically, they will then offer to sell me the produced items, such as cookies from stolen cacao beans. :-J
How is that ironic?

salsadoom
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by salsadoom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Any chance of this being updated for 1.7.2? I think you might have alluded to that in a post.. if you are, any idea when that might be ready to go? I'd love to play with this, the regular villagers just seem awful now :) Thanks!

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:41 am

salsadoom wrote:Any chance of this being updated for 1.7.2? I think you might have alluded to that in a post.. if you are, any idea when that might be ready to go? I'd love to play with this, the regular villagers just seem awful now :) Thanks!
Eventually I will update it, I'm waiting on a few other mods before I want to make the jump myself.

salsadoom
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by salsadoom » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

druha wrote:
salsadoom wrote:Any chance of this being updated for 1.7.2? I think you might have alluded to that in a post.. if you are, any idea when that might be ready to go? I'd love to play with this, the regular villagers just seem awful now :) Thanks!
Eventually I will update it, I'm waiting on a few other mods before I want to make the jump myself.
Sounds good, I'm happy to be patient :) Good old minecraft and the eternal version struggle, lol.

salsadoom
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by salsadoom » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Also... the download link for the 1.6.2 version isn't valid :(

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 pm

salsadoom wrote:Also... the download link for the 1.6.2 version isn't valid :(
If the link for the 1.6.2 version isn't valid then that's an issue with the forum. All the content is uploaded and housed by them, I have no control over the links it generates. I'll see if reuploading it fixes that later tonight.

salsadoom
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by salsadoom » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 am

Could you possibly upload it to something else, like mega?

archknight12
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by archknight12 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

would it be possible if you could update this to 1.6.4?

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 pm

archknight12 wrote:would it be possible if you could update this to 1.6.4?
The 1.6.2 version does work on 1.6.4 although I still need to check the download links as some people were having issues with them.

It will not work on 1.7.2 or higher however. I am hoping to be able to start that update shortly.

archknight12
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by archknight12 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:53 pm

druha wrote:
archknight12 wrote:would it be possible if you could update this to 1.6.4?
The 1.6.2 version does work on 1.6.4 although I still need to check the download links as some people were having issues with them.

It will not work on 1.7.2 or higher however. I am hoping to be able to start that update shortly.
i see thanks good to know i've been avoiding downloading this due to it saying on the post that its for 1.5.2 and then here it said 1.6.2 so good to know that it works for 1.6.4 since thats the main one i use ^^

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:06 am

An update! Finally!

This is a Millenaire rework of the vanilla Minecraft villages. This is an update for Minecraft 1.7.10 and Millenaire 6.0.

It includes a full, complete culture, both plains/forests and deserts villages, all vanilla buildings plus a new town hall, all regular NPCs with new textures, all NPC shops plus the new town hall shop, and quests!

The quests are designed as a tutorial to Minecraft, introducing you to each and every item in the game, how to obtain or craft it, all monsters, all animals and plants, and all world gen structures. There is also one secret quest for obtaining Bottles o Enchanting.

This culture comes ready for use in ExtrabiomesXL and Biomes O Plenty!

New content:
Quests: Chicken Jockey info added; added the new fish types; added new dyes from flowers; added stained glass; added water breathing potion
Buildings: Added new grove and mineshaft; added custom player building support
Villagers: Added lumberman and miner
Villages: Added custom player village support

Changed content:
Buildings: Modified roof of town hall so no more spawns on roof; increased size of lampposts should stop them from clustering and generating in deep holes; added leisure spot to lampposts to pread out villager clustering to chat; split forge into armorer, toolsmith, and weaponsmith (random chance); split farm into crop farm, fish farm, fletcher, and shepherd (random chance); split butcher into butcher and leatherworker (random chance)
Quests: Fixed a bunch of typos in quest text; reorganized some quests based on new content
Shops: Shops now always goods in stock even if they haven't made anything yet
Villages: Due to the addition of a lumberman and miner villages are almost self sustaining now

And a pretty easy installation:
1. Extract 'millenaire-custom' from the Millenaire_MinecraftiaAddon.zip file and place in your 'mods' folder.
2. Extract 'Millenaire_MinecraftiaAddon_Textures.zip' from the Millenaire_MinecraftiaAddon.zip file and place in your 'resourcepacks' folder
3. Select the new resource pack.
4. Enjoy!

Download at the Millenaire library of direct download from dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elhttr867z75x ... n.zip?dl=0
Attachments
custombuilding.png
Custom Buildings
custombuilding.png (3.15 MiB) Viewed 14306 times
grove.png
Grove
grove.png (3.14 MiB) Viewed 14306 times
fishfarm.png
Fish Farm
fishfarm.png (3.4 MiB) Viewed 14306 times

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 am

By the way, I hate how this forum does images.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:09 am

druha wrote:By the way, I hate how this forum does images.
It is my understanding that the site was coded by scratch lol

User avatar
Zoythrus
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:16 am

felinoel wrote:
druha wrote:By the way, I hate how this forum does images.
It is my understanding that the site was coded by scratch lol
I've seen this forum style before, so I doubt it was coded from scratch.

But then, isn't everything on your computer coded from scratch?

User avatar
Perturbee
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by Perturbee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:17 am

felinoel wrote:
druha wrote:By the way, I hate how this forum does images.
It is my understanding that the site was coded by scratch lol
It's phpbb (and needs a plugin to resize images). :)

OT: I found two textures missing in the latest version.
textures/entity/minecraftia/lumberjackfemale0.png
textures/entity/minecraftia/lumberjackmale0.png
Both from the same named txt file (lumberjack_<gender>.txt)

I assigned them the miner textures for now. :)

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Perturbee wrote: It's phpbb (and needs a plugin to resize images). :)

OT: I found two textures missing in the latest version.
textures/entity/minecraftia/lumberjackfemale0.png
textures/entity/minecraftia/lumberjackmale0.png
Both from the same named txt file (lumberjack_<gender>.txt)

I assigned them the miner textures for now. :)
Not sure how I missed that. Here's a rezipped version with those 2 textures added: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elhttr867z75x ... n.zip?dl=0

ILikePie151
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by ILikePie151 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:46 pm

So! I eventually get the village to love me (and didn't edit the config files in any way :? ). So I make my own village. However, when I make it, it only starts with a town hall. So I make a plan for a house. It crashes. I have millenaire (of course), forge (this is also rather obvious) Biomes o' Plenty, and Zan's Minimap. A full crash report is here...

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 21/11/14 10:34 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.millenaire.common.Building.sendBuildingPacket(Building.java:5928)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.sendQuestInstancePacket(UserProfile.java:922)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.sendInitialPackets(UserProfile.java:804)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.updateProfile(UserProfile.java:1012)
at org.millenaire.common.MillWorld.updateWorldServer(MillWorld.java:1083)
at org.millenaire.common.forge.ServerTickHandler.tickStart(ServerTickHandler.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickStart(SingleIntervalHandler.java:28)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:122)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:287)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:574)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)


A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 125768560 bytes (119 MB) / 386338816 bytes (368 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
AABB Pool Size: 2385 (133560 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 58
FML: MCP v8.04 FML v6.2.62.871 Minecraft Forge 9.10.1.871 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active
mcp{8.04} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{6.2.62.871} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.10.1.871.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{9.10.1.871} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.10.1.871.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BiomesOPlenty{0.6.2} [Biomes O' Plenty] (Biomes-O-Plenty-0.6.2-1.6.2.jar.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
millenaire{5.1.11} [Millénaire] (millenaire-5.1.1) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
mod_ZanMinimap{0.9.4} [Zan's Minimap] (Zans-Minimap-Mod-ML-Forge-1.6.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 278 (15568 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 278 (15568 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['joshjosh15'/204, l='Mod Test - New Millenaire!', x=-427.11, y=67.00, z=16.58]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'


(resized for purposes of post, how do you spoiler?

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by druha » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:58 pm

ILikePie151 wrote:So! I eventually get the village to love me (and didn't edit the config files in any way :? ). So I make my own village. However, when I make it, it only starts with a town hall. So I make a plan for a house. It crashes. I have millenaire (of course), forge (this is also rather obvious) Biomes o' Plenty, and Zan's Minimap. A full crash report is here...

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 21/11/14 10:34 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.millenaire.common.Building.sendBuildingPacket(Building.java:5928)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.sendQuestInstancePacket(UserProfile.java:922)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.sendInitialPackets(UserProfile.java:804)
at org.millenaire.common.UserProfile.updateProfile(UserProfile.java:1012)
at org.millenaire.common.MillWorld.updateWorldServer(MillWorld.java:1083)
at org.millenaire.common.forge.ServerTickHandler.tickStart(ServerTickHandler.java:43)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickStart(SingleIntervalHandler.java:28)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:122)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:287)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:574)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)


A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 125768560 bytes (119 MB) / 386338816 bytes (368 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
AABB Pool Size: 2385 (133560 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 58
FML: MCP v8.04 FML v6.2.62.871 Minecraft Forge 9.10.1.871 6 mods loaded, 6 mods active
mcp{8.04} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{6.2.62.871} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.10.1.871.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{9.10.1.871} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.10.1.871.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BiomesOPlenty{0.6.2} [Biomes O' Plenty] (Biomes-O-Plenty-0.6.2-1.6.2.jar.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
millenaire{5.1.11} [Millénaire] (millenaire-5.1.1) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
mod_ZanMinimap{0.9.4} [Zan's Minimap] (Zans-Minimap-Mod-ML-Forge-1.6.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 278 (15568 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 278 (15568 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['joshjosh15'/204, l='Mod Test - New Millenaire!', x=-427.11, y=67.00, z=16.58]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'


(resized for purposes of post, how do you spoiler?
So I see that you are using Minecraft 1.6.2 still. If you downloaded the newest version of this addon then it won't work correctly and I would expect it to crash.

If you are using my older version of the addon then this looks like a crash related to a quest. Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell me anything about which quest it could possibly be. Maybe your millenaire.log file would help.

Also, if you're really only using Biomes O' Plenty, Millenaire, and a Minimap, why are you still on Minecraft 1.6.2? All of those have updated to 1.7.10 and you should really update. I won't be fixing bugs for the 1.6.2 version of Minecraft.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Minecraftia, a rework of Vanilla villages

Post by felinoel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:17 pm

If I designed some Mooshroom people for you with like two village variants to spawn in mooshroom biomes, might you be interested in using them?

Post Reply