Official Nether Pigmen Culture Thread

Creating new content for Millénaire
Zoythrus

Re: Official Nether Pigmen Culture Thread

Post by Zoythrus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:09 am

E_50_Panzer wrote: Yes, that pigman has a facewrap, it was an idea to make the pigmen try and hide their faces from the different looking humans :P
After some discussion, we thought to give them a slightly Arabian flair to their attire. Both because they live in more inhospitable environments, and because they don't want to scare the humans. I mean, they realize that they need help just as much as the humans, and that their odd appearance might be an issue. Hence, face wraps for everyone.

TotalAnnihilation

Post by TotalAnnihilation » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:42 am

The look of the structure seemed very... basic. They're probably just placeholders, but I can help create buildings in case you need some. Here's some of my previous works: http://imgur.com/a/NpJTj#4

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:40 am

TotalAnnihilation wrote:The look of the structure seemed very... basic. They're probably just placeholders, but I can help create buildings in case you need some. Here's some of my previous works: http://imgur.com/a/NpJTj#4
We would have gone bigger and better, but it's a combination of balance and an aesthetic. We based the form of our buildings off of the Nether fortresses, which are pretty bland if you think about it.

TotalAnnihilation

Post by TotalAnnihilation » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:44 pm

I do believe it can still be stylized: http://imgur.com/a/etcIJ

The pigmen seem to be focused on defensive architecture (as their only known buildings are the nether fortresses), so I gave the building a bunker-like look from which you can easiely shoot from.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:21 am

I've consulted with my builder and he feels disappointed that you didn't like his work. We are grateful for your offer, but we'd like to stick with our buildings. We will attempt to reexamine what we have built, though, when we do our final once-over of our work.

Thank you for your opinion, though.

TotalAnnihilation

Post by TotalAnnihilation » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am

Alright, good luck with your project.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:29 am

TotalAnnihilation wrote:Alright, good luck with your project.
Hey if you're looking for a project I've got a Dwarven culture I want to make that I do not want to design all the buildings for... x.x;