Page 2 of 2

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 pm
by TheStuffingEmperor
Rasseru wrote:I'm not dead.... If any cares about me?

I haven't been doing my part with creating a new culture or working on Japanese since... I am not a programmer and just a creator with basic tools. Things are slow or not going any where since, I have no one to work with and the free time. As you know the "Devs" / "Team" are busy with other projects or real life stuff. Like, I am trying to get a job in Japan.

Also the following of fans is a little slow now and not getting a lot of support as before...

I will be waiting till i am needed in that corner over there. Good luck to all.
Hey Rasseru,
I'm a really big fan of the Japanese Culture, and millenaire (surprisingly) helped me with my essay on Japan. Yay!
I was supposed to make a "creative presentation", so I just played millenaire and a lot of my classmates liked it. And, Yes, I care. You should also make more videos, that should bring in some flow. (Hopefully)

*edit*

Could I help u with the japanese culture?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:19 am
by Zoythrus
TheStuffingEmperor wrote:
Rasseru wrote:I'm not dead.... If any cares about me?

I haven't been doing my part with creating a new culture or working on Japanese since... I am not a programmer and just a creator with basic tools. Things are slow or not going any where since, I have no one to work with and the free time. As you know the "Devs" / "Team" are busy with other projects or real life stuff. Like, I am trying to get a job in Japan.

Also the following of fans is a little slow now and not getting a lot of support as before...

I will be waiting till i am needed in that corner over there. Good luck to all.
Hey Rasseru,
I'm a really big fan of the Japanese Culture, and millenaire (surprisingly) helped me with my essay on Japan. Yay!
I was supposed to make a "creative presentation", so I just played millenaire and a lot of my classmates liked it. And, Yes, I care. You should also make more videos, that should bring in some flow. (Hopefully)

*edit*

Could I help u with the japanese culture?
Galian Ryu, the guy who has taken over the mod from Kinniken, has mentioned the idea of reworking all of the cultures so that the mod feels more "cohesive" and "immersive." (we mean like, subtle changes, balance tweaks, etc.)

That means we're going to need everyone's help again! So, Rasseru, we'll need your expertise when it comes to the Japanese. :D

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:43 am
by GalianRyu
Indeed. One of the things I want to see if we can do is to "even out" the cultures a bit. Right now what we have is 'Normans having huge depth and scale, but feeling very old (almost like their buildings were designed in Minecraft Alpha lol), other cultures feeling more modern, but much smaller and tacked on.' I was waiting until I was closer to release to start the hype engine, but here is what I'd like to do (with Kinniken's blessing):

- Replace the default Norman buildings with ones from or very close to Crik-Crok's "Total Norman Replacement."

- Update several Byzantine buildings: several buildings, especially the player houses and lone buildings, missed some previous update, they look different (and have brick instead of the clay tile).

- More Japanese villagers and dialog options. Right now they spend far too much time just talking about being tired.

- Update Hindi buildings. Maybe it's just me, but the Hindi buildings feel very plain compared to the others. Even the Mahal (which is literally supposed to be a fancy palace), feels like there should be more to it. Maybe it's because they already had more custom blocks than most (with the various cooked bricks), but maybe they could make use of some of the new stones from 1.8 then? I dunno, but they almost feel like they need a "complete replacement" style change as well.

- More village types for other cultures. There should be something like the Fort and Hamlet villages in the Byzantine and Japanese cultures I feel, and the Hindi should have some other type, I'm just not sure what.

- More quests. The Normans have about 10-12 different quests, the most any other culture has is 5. Plus each culture should have a Creation Quest, and I feel they should be somewhat cohesive, that they are all pieces of a story on how the Millenaire people, and the player, ended up here.

- Include the Inuits. By all accounts, this was the next culture to be included in Millenaire, and if Filinoel thinks they're ready, they'd certainly be a welcome addition. I will be honest though, i never downloaded them before, so I don't truly know where their at.

And bear in mind, I don't need you guys to go make a ton of things (to work in the current system), I'm having to overhaul the custom content import anyway. Whatever changes we all agree to; text files, screenshots, world files that have the building designs you have built out will be fine. These are a lot of changes, but I'm hoping the people who make custom content can help me get them ready, and that way Millenaire won't just be back, it will be better than ever.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm
by MoonCutter2B
I can only say: yes, yes, yes, lovely, perfect, +1, etc. etc. :D
I agree on everything you plan.

I guess you have checked all the stuff in the Library; there are some suggestions about hamlets and village types.

And I love the "Total Norman ..." thingy a lot. One of the best things in that is that some of the buildings require items/blocks that are a bit harder to find, e.g. nether rack. I would love to see that used in more cultures.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:03 pm
by Ruff Ghanor
board the Hype-train *cho-cho*

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:24 am
by Ticlon
For the Byzantine buildings: The main reason some buildings use ordinary bricks instead of the special Byzantine ones is that Kinniken I always planned but never added stairs of the Byzantine bricks, so I would be happy if you provide those in the new update :D

Also, something I know Kinniken planned is adding the clothing system of the Byzantines to the other cultures as well improving the variance of villagers (and maybe add inter-cultural connections lore-wise if two cultures have a good relation, e.g. the lady in the Norman castle wearing fine Byzantine silk clothing if she can get it :) ) - this also something helpful to do I guess and easy to do for anyone...

Good luck to you and I will help once I get my stolen account back ;)

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:54 pm
by Orange1861
Will any of this be back-ported to 1.7.10? Because most mods are 1.7.10

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:50 pm
by Akeakamai
GalianRyu wrote:Indeed. One of the things I want to see if we can do is to "even out" the cultures a bit. Right now what we have is 'Normans having huge depth and scale, but feeling very old (almost like their buildings were designed in Minecraft Alpha lol), other cultures feeling more modern, but much smaller and tacked on.' I was waiting until I was closer to release to start the hype engine, but here is what I'd like to do (with Kinniken's blessing):

- Replace the default Norman buildings with ones from or very close to Crik-Crok's "Total Norman Replacement."

- Update several Byzantine buildings: several buildings, especially the player houses and lone buildings, missed some previous update, they look different (and have brick instead of the clay tile).

- More Japanese villagers and dialog options. Right now they spend far too much time just talking about being tired.

- Update Hindi buildings. Maybe it's just me, but the Hindi buildings feel very plain compared to the others. Even the Mahal (which is literally supposed to be a fancy palace), feels like there should be more to it. Maybe it's because they already had more custom blocks than most (with the various cooked bricks), but maybe they could make use of some of the new stones from 1.8 then? I dunno, but they almost feel like they need a "complete replacement" style change as well.

- More village types for other cultures. There should be something like the Fort and Hamlet villages in the Byzantine and Japanese cultures I feel, and the Hindi should have some other type, I'm just not sure what.

- More quests. The Normans have about 10-12 different quests, the most any other culture has is 5. Plus each culture should have a Creation Quest, and I feel they should be somewhat cohesive, that they are all pieces of a story on how the Millenaire people, and the player, ended up here.

- Include the Inuits. By all accounts, this was the next culture to be included in Millenaire, and if Filinoel thinks they're ready, they'd certainly be a welcome addition. I will be honest though, i never downloaded them before, so I don't truly know where their at.

And bear in mind, I don't need you guys to go make a ton of things (to work in the current system), I'm having to overhaul the custom content import anyway. Whatever changes we all agree to; text files, screenshots, world files that have the building designs you have built out will be fine. These are a lot of changes, but I'm hoping the people who make custom content can help me get them ready, and that way Millenaire won't just be back, it will be better than ever.
I may say hooray for the update at all, for the Norman improvements, including Inuits etc. :D :D :D
I'm so thankfull that You are working on it :)

If You don't mind, I will post here a few suggestions, maybe some of them may be helpful?

What I may suggest is including some food crafting recipes for the Japanese, to craft udon or ikayaki, because I love the crafting recipes that hindi and mayan culture posess, and not having them for japanese food is a sad thing. They may use the squid ink, some grass and fish, and rice of course.

Including the new 1.8 blocks in Millenaire buildings would be cool stuff also. For now, we can't sell them acacia wood, as they don't recognise it, and they treat mesa clay as an "artificial" block, sometimes blocking the building site. If they could build anything using acacia or dark oak wood, or with mesa clay or granite, diorite etc, it would be cool.

But I don't agree with total reworking of the Hindi culture. They are one of my favourite cultures in Millenaire, and I think their buldings look quite good. There is a "hindi" desert feel into it. Of course, they might need some improvements here or there, as You have mentioned the palace (and the village temple is a bit boring too), but the general feel of Hindi villages is OK for me.

What I love the most is the Hindi brick moulding tool, and I think that the mesa clay would be inherited in their building style, but please, don't remove the Hindi bricks!

For the long time there is a bug which makes Millenaire decorations such as hindi statues, norman tapestries and mayan carvings not work. They are just invisible in game. If they could be working somehow in the updated and reworked version, some buildings may look way much better ;)

I think that granite, andesite and diorite suits best for Norman or Mayan, not for the Hindi buildings.

I may also suggest to include the SoNick stable mod from Library into Millenaire, as it is great addition after the horses joined Minecraft. SoNick made great stables, just the norman one may use some timber frame (in my opinion), and the Hindi and Byzantine should have double doors instead of fence gates. But the Byzantine stable has a cool NPC with a saddle shop, which is great. It may be added to other cultures as well. And in the Millenaire items listing file there is a bug, the Millenaire silk is listed twice, in one place overwriting the Minecraft spider string. This is a bug making SoNick stable shop hard to play with, as he designed it to make saddles from spider strings. As You are rewriting the whole mod, I hope there will be no silk overwriting the string issue anymore ;)

I may also suggest that since Minecraft 1.8 adds the sheep / lamb meat, there is no longer a need for the Millenaire special lamb meat in Byzantine culture. They would just produce and sell regular Minecraft lamb meat instead.

Some culture may have the use of the rabbits, maybe the rabbit farm? Normans already grow carrots, they could have the rabbit farm, and sell the Minecraft rabbit dish. Or maybe Inuits? I'm not sure if Inuits knew the rabbits or not, just think that Normans already have many additions, and maybe Inuits are not as well developed and may need some new kind of farm.

I noticed that Millenaire doesn't recognize the regular Minecraft NPC villages. I mean, Minecraft NPC villages are invisible on Millenaire village map, as a place free to build. I think this should be changed, as the Minecraft NPC villages are also a nice thing. The places where there are both villages spawned - the Minecraft vanilla NPC and the Millenire village, are a cool place to live and play :) It adds to the variety of the game. But, sadly, wherever I find such a place, I must carefully surround all the Minecraft vanilla NPC village buildings with cobblestone and water, since the well is the only building recognized by Millenaire village as something disturbing their building site. So they will not build on a cavern or a ravine, on a to much steep, water and on cobblestone or other "artificial" blocks, but they will bulldoze all the Minecraft vanilla NPC houses. And I found it rather strange, that cobblestone is an "artificial" block for them, but the stone bricks doesn't. I built the brigde of stone bricks near one of the villages and it was also invisible on a village map, as it would be made out of dirt, so they are able to destroy it to build some lumberman hut there. I mean, if cobblestone is artificial, maybe stone bricks should be too?

I think that minecraft vanilla NPC villages are able to be bulldozed, because the material their roofs are made of is also not listed as "artificial" in Millenaire. Sandstone should be left as a natural block, since it could be spawned on the desert, but the sandstone stairs (common on desert villages roofs) and the wooden stairs (common as roof at the villages other biomes) may be added to the Millenaire artificial block list, not allowing to build on them. This way the vanilla NPC villages should be safe :)

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:13 pm
by MoonCutter2B
Orange1861 wrote:Will any of this be back-ported to 1.7.10? Because most mods are 1.7.10
I think the simple answer is "NO". Two reasons:
- most mods are moving to 1.8.9 as we speak, buildcraft, tinkers construct, thaumcraft, BoP to name a few.
- some of the changes in MC 1.8 and in Forge for 1.8.9 are fundamental to getting rid of the many bugs in Millenaire.
- (and I think development of Forge for 1.7.10 has stopped).

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:54 am
by GalianRyu
Akeakamai wrote: I may say hooray for the update at all, for the Norman improvements, including Inuits etc. :D :D :D
I'm so thankfull that You are working on it :)

If You don't mind, I will post here a few suggestions, maybe some of them may be helpful?

What I may suggest is including some food crafting recipes for the Japanese, to craft udon or ikayaki, because I love the crafting recipes that hindi and mayan culture posess, and not having them for japanese food is a sad thing. They may use the squid ink, some grass and fish, and rice of course.

Including the new 1.8 blocks in Millenaire buildings would be cool stuff also. For now, we can't sell them acacia wood, as they don't recognise it, and they treat mesa clay as an "artificial" block, sometimes blocking the building site. If they could build anything using acacia or dark oak wood, or with mesa clay or granite, diorite etc, it would be cool.

But I don't agree with total reworking of the Hindi culture. They are one of my favourite cultures in Millenaire, and I think their buldings look quite good. There is a "hindi" desert feel into it. Of course, they might need some improvements here or there, as You have mentioned the palace (and the village temple is a bit boring too), but the general feel of Hindi villages is OK for me.

What I love the most is the Hindi brick moulding tool, and I think that the mesa clay would be inherited in their building style, but please, don't remove the Hindi bricks!

For the long time there is a bug which makes Millenaire decorations such as hindi statues, norman tapestries and mayan carvings not work. They are just invisible in game. If they could be working somehow in the updated and reworked version, some buildings may look way much better ;)

I think that granite, andesite and diorite suits best for Norman or Mayan, not for the Hindi buildings.

I may also suggest to include the SoNick stable mod from Library into Millenaire, as it is great addition after the horses joined Minecraft. SoNick made great stables, just the norman one may use some timber frame (in my opinion), and the Hindi and Byzantine should have double doors instead of fence gates. But the Byzantine stable has a cool NPC with a saddle shop, which is great. It may be added to other cultures as well. And in the Millenaire items listing file there is a bug, the Millenaire silk is listed twice, in one place overwriting the Minecraft spider string. This is a bug making SoNick stable shop hard to play with, as he designed it to make saddles from spider strings. As You are rewriting the whole mod, I hope there will be no silk overwriting the string issue anymore ;)

I may also suggest that since Minecraft 1.8 adds the sheep / lamb meat, there is no longer a need for the Millenaire special lamb meat in Byzantine culture. They would just produce and sell regular Minecraft lamb meat instead.

Some culture may have the use of the rabbits, maybe the rabbit farm? Normans already grow carrots, they could have the rabbit farm, and sell the Minecraft rabbit dish. Or maybe Inuits? I'm not sure if Inuits knew the rabbits or not, just think that Normans already have many additions, and maybe Inuits are not as well developed and may need some new kind of farm.

I noticed that Millenaire doesn't recognize the regular Minecraft NPC villages. I mean, Minecraft NPC villages are invisible on Millenaire village map, as a place free to build. I think this should be changed, as the Minecraft NPC villages are also a nice thing. The places where there are both villages spawned - the Minecraft vanilla NPC and the Millenire village, are a cool place to live and play :) It adds to the variety of the game. But, sadly, wherever I find such a place, I must carefully surround all the Minecraft vanilla NPC village buildings with cobblestone and water, since the well is the only building recognized by Millenaire village as something disturbing their building site. So they will not build on a cavern or a ravine, on a to much steep, water and on cobblestone or other "artificial" blocks, but they will bulldoze all the Minecraft vanilla NPC houses. And I found it rather strange, that cobblestone is an "artificial" block for them, but the stone bricks doesn't. I built the brigde of stone bricks near one of the villages and it was also invisible on a village map, as it would be made out of dirt, so they are able to destroy it to build some lumberman hut there. I mean, if cobblestone is artificial, maybe stone bricks should be too?

I think that minecraft vanilla NPC villages are able to be bulldozed, because the material their roofs are made of is also not listed as "artificial" in Millenaire. Sandstone should be left as a natural block, since it could be spawned on the desert, but the sandstone stairs (common on desert villages roofs) and the wooden stairs (common as roof at the villages other biomes) may be added to the Millenaire artificial block list, not allowing to build on them. This way the vanilla NPC villages should be safe :)
I haven't looked yet into what things do and don't have standard recipes. I've never made any of the Millenaire food from a recipe, I always bought it when I played lol. I'll see what can be done, Udon certainly could have a recipe, as there's nothing abnormal (minecraft-speaking) there. The Ikayaki might be trickier, I wouldn't want to use ink in place of actual squid meat, that feels odd, but there might be ways around that. I was already planning to have the Byzantine's use the in-game lamb, and there should certainly be something involving rabbit, if we can find a balanced way to add it.

As to the Hindi villages, I made all three on a creative map last night and just watched them build up. I agree that the final shape and feel of the buildings is generally good and feels right, and I don't want to remove any of the blocks they have, just see them use more in the process. Several of the buildings, especially the ones made from pure wood, look tacky in their early stages. Crik-Crok fixed this in the Normans by clearly having the buildings move from dirt walls to wood walls to stone or cross timber where appropriate. I think the Hindi should, in kind, have dirt wall (its a desert, wood is sparse)then dried brick, then cooked brick, with accents in wood or sandstone where appropriate. That's the other thing, some buildings use sandstone and some use cooked brick, seemingly at random, that should be a little more cohesive in my mind. Like the Mahal is literally all sandstone and stone, it feels like something someone built on the demo version of early Minecraft lol, the other two central buildings at least use the Hindi bricks. I'm not an expert on Hindi culture or architecture, and I hope someone on the forums is, and can help update them a bit.

The thing with the Native villagers was something I've noticed as well (I used fences, which Millenaires do recognize as artificial). I think, since I have to update everything anyway, I might be able to have them recognize the villages. Villages have a defined "edge" in the code, its just not visible, but it's how Minecraft know how big a village is and where Iron Golems will walk etc. I haven't looked at village code yet, but it should be possible to get the Millenaires to see that edge just like they do the edge of one of their own villages and not overlap it.

I haven't seen SoNick's add-on, I'll have to look it up, but I know several people have mentioned stables and horses. Just like rabbits, horses are an update that definitely feels like Millenaire should include, and it just hasn't yet. One way or another, I do want to have horses exist in Milleanire (and saddles being crafted by Millenaires is certainly an interesting idea).

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 am
by GalianRyu
Ticlon wrote:For the Byzantine buildings: The main reason some buildings use ordinary bricks instead of the special Byzantine ones is that Kinniken I always planned but never added stairs of the Byzantine bricks, so I would be happy if you provide those in the new update :D

Also, something I know Kinniken planned is adding the clothing system of the Byzantines to the other cultures as well improving the variance of villagers (and maybe add inter-cultural connections lore-wise if two cultures have a good relation, e.g. the lady in the Norman castle wearing fine Byzantine silk clothing if she can get it :) ) - this also something helpful to do I guess and easy to do for anyone...

Good luck to you and I will help once I get my stolen account back ;)
Tile Stairs is absolutely something we can do, its painfully easy in 1.8+ What is the clothing system of the Byzantines? I can certainly dig around in the code to figure it out, but I'd like to know what I'm looking for first, and this is something I hadn't come across yet in playing or in the code (aside from you know, find the MillClothes item code lol).

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 am
by Akeakamai
GalianRyu wrote: I haven't looked yet into what things do and don't have standard recipes. I've never made any of the Millenaire food from a recipe, I always bought it when I played lol. I'll see what can be done, Udon certainly could have a recipe, as there's nothing abnormal (minecraft-speaking) there. The Ikayaki might be trickier, I wouldn't want to use ink in place of actual squid meat, that feels odd, but there might be ways around that. I was already planning to have the Byzantine's use the in-game lamb, and there should certainly be something involving rabbit, if we can find a balanced way to add it.

As to the Hindi villages, I made all three on a creative map last night and just watched them build up. I agree that the final shape and feel of the buildings is generally good and feels right, and I don't want to remove any of the blocks they have, just see them use more in the process. Several of the buildings, especially the ones made from pure wood, look tacky in their early stages. Crik-Crok fixed this in the Normans by clearly having the buildings move from dirt walls to wood walls to stone or cross timber where appropriate. I think the Hindi should, in kind, have dirt wall (its a desert, wood is sparse)then dried brick, then cooked brick, with accents in wood or sandstone where appropriate. That's the other thing, some buildings use sandstone and some use cooked brick, seemingly at random, that should be a little more cohesive in my mind. Like the Mahal is literally all sandstone and stone, it feels like something someone built on the demo version of early Minecraft lol, the other two central buildings at least use the Hindi bricks. I'm not an expert on Hindi culture or architecture, and I hope someone on the forums is, and can help update them a bit.

The thing with the Native villagers was something I've noticed as well (I used fences, which Millenaires do recognize as artificial). I think, since I have to update everything anyway, I might be able to have them recognize the villages. Villages have a defined "edge" in the code, its just not visible, but it's how Minecraft know how big a village is and where Iron Golems will walk etc. I haven't looked at village code yet, but it should be possible to get the Millenaires to see that edge just like they do the edge of one of their own villages and not overlap it.

I haven't seen SoNick's add-on, I'll have to look it up, but I know several people have mentioned stables and horses. Just like rabbits, horses are an update that definitely feels like Millenaire should include, and it just hasn't yet. One way or another, I do want to have horses exist in Milleanire (and saddles being crafted by Millenaires is certainly an interesting idea).
Oh, I always make hindi curry from the recipe, buying it is just too expensive and I grow rice and turmeric myself ;) Anyway, recipe just for udon would be perfect enough :)

I agree that early stages of the hindi buildings may look a bit off, the same way as some norman do. And I was also a bit disappointed about the differences - some buildings usue sandstone, some cooked brick, it makes the mess. Your concept of making villages looking more balanced but keeping their style is very good.

SoNick stables are here.
There is no stable for the Mayan, sadly. So there are norman, hindi, japanese and Byzantine stables, with custom shop and NPC for the Byzantine culture.
I haven't test the japanese stable yet, but in photos it looks good.
The norman stable is the biggest of them all, and besides the lack of timber frame is the best. It has already a place good for a shop to be added (even the chest is there). There are comfy "rooms" for horses, no one gets hurt ;) You can easily ride inside.

Byzantine stable has great architectural style, perfectly maching the byzantine villages. The NPC shop is well done, but the NPC has the outdated link to the Millenaire textures (easy to fix). But it has too small room for horses. In my game, I edited the floorplans files, making two stall boxes out of four, and replacing the fence gates with double doors.

The hindi stable needs a total rework. It is too small, it updates from cooked brick to sandstone, which is pointless. It has a weird fence gates not usable with horses and the worst thing - it hurts when You try to leave a horse. My horse was nearly dead, as it was pushed to the wall when I was trying to jump out of him. So - Hindi stable is bad and needs to be much much bigger and better matching the village style. It has a room with chests, but no NPC.

I think that horses also need a paddock to be held and breed in. The SoNick stables are a good base to work on, but I would make their terrain bigger, to include some open air space with fence, for horses to go outside. The way I play, I keep my best, fastest, racing horse with saddle and diamond armor in stable, quick to be jump on and ride to the other village. But the rest of horses I try to keep on a large terrain plot, to be bred and look awesome. Sadly, only a few cultures build such terrain plots, as the byzantines don't have them. And Byzantines are the ones who live on a Savannah with the most horses, so they should definitely have some plots to be build for the player, as well as the open air paddock in the stable.

Yay that You find the way to keep vanilla villages safe! I keep my thumbs up for the work!

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:53 pm
by Ruff Ghanor
Well there are no stables to the Mayans cause they didn't know horses until the Spaniards arrived in America :P. Also I don't know if that is possible, but could you try to make villagers walk faster when they are building? There are some buildings that take an eternity to upgrade. Mainly the Norman and Byzantine castle when moats are added because the villager has to circle the wall entirely several times

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:56 pm
by Ticlon
For the clothing system: I bet Kinniken implemented it in the rendering files of the villager models. Basically, it lays a second skin over the normal one to get the Byzantines start out with brown, boring clothing and later, when they get their hands on new materials, colourful clothing. As I only did the skins and the coding of the villager.txt files, you can see what I did at least on the byzantine_wife.txt file for example!

For the stables I am also highly interested to add those :) The Byzantines will also make & sell special cataphract horse armours, as they were the 'elite' unit of them in this period of time!

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:04 pm
by GalianRyu
Ticlon wrote:For the clothing system: I bet Kinniken implemented it in the rendering files of the villager models. Basically, it lays a second skin over the normal one to get the Byzantines start out with brown, boring clothing and later, when they get their hands on new materials, colourful clothing. As I only did the skins and the coding of the villager.txt files, you can see what I did at least on the byzantine_wife.txt file for example!

For the stables I am also highly interested to add those :) The Byzantines will also make & sell special cataphract horse armours, as they were the 'elite' unit of them in this period of time!
The first thing I thought when the idea that stables might sell saddles was custom saddles and horse armor. Just about all these cultures had unique ways of outfitting their various pack animals, and that could translate into specialty (expensive) saddles and horse armor.

Even the Mayans could have them, just have to modify what they historically put on Alpacas to be more horse shaped lol.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:02 am
by felinoel
GalianRyu wrote:- Include the Inuits. By all accounts, this was the next culture to be included in Millenaire, and if Filinoel thinks they're ready, they'd certainly be a welcome addition. I will be honest though, i never downloaded them before, so I don't truly know where their at.
Yeah I personally told Kinn that the Inuits were ready, that I was just waiting for the 1.8 release so I could finish ironing out some bugs, finish the final town hall design, and make some quests which I already had planned out anyways.
This was long before Kinn posted that he would need help making the update though.

EDIT:
If you want to know more about the Inuits I've made a Let's Mod series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TyhW51GLxo

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:25 pm
by MoonCutter2B
Hm, checking Forge forum and the Curse Client MC mod list I see that a lot of mods are aiming for or are already available for 1.9....

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 am
by felinoel
MoonCutter2B wrote:Hm, checking Forge forum and the Curse Client MC mod list I see that a lot of mods are aiming for or are already available for 1.9....
Those mods are small and easy to update, Millenaire is not.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:24 am
by GalianRyu
felinoel wrote:
MoonCutter2B wrote:Hm, checking Forge forum and the Curse Client MC mod list I see that a lot of mods are aiming for or are already available for 1.9....
Those mods are small and easy to update, Millenaire is not.
This is very true, there's not even a stable release of Forge for 1.9 yet (there is a 1.9 version, but it's not recommended yet, and from what I'm seen from other modders, there are a number of bugs yet. My goal is still to get 1.8.9 up first. 1.9 made several changes to entities (mobs) and that will mean reworking villagers. Not having to rework villagers is the only reason I have any delusion of finishing this project myself lol.

Once I get a stable release for you guys, we'll see what updating to 1.9 takes

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:11 am
by PsiGuy60
GalianRyu wrote:
felinoel wrote:
MoonCutter2B wrote:Hm, checking Forge forum and the Curse Client MC mod list I see that a lot of mods are aiming for or are already available for 1.9....
Those mods are small and easy to update, Millenaire is not.
This is very true, there's not even a stable release of Forge for 1.9 yet (there is a 1.9 version, but it's not recommended yet, and from what I'm seen from other modders, there are a number of bugs yet. My goal is still to get 1.8.9 up first. 1.9 made several changes to entities (mobs) and that will mean reworking villagers. Not having to rework villagers is the only reason I have any delusion of finishing this project myself lol.

Once I get a stable release for you guys, we'll see what updating to 1.9 takes
That's all we can ask for at this point. I can say that porting from 1.8.9 to 1.9 seems to be a lot easier than going from 1.7.10 to 1.8, judging by other mod authors' efforts.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:27 am
by Zoythrus
Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable. The Maya didn't use horses, historically, as they had none! They had llamas, but llamas are more beasts of burden than "mighty steeds." I don't know about the Inuits, but tameable reindeer would be cool, I guess.

To replace horses, the Maya need something, and I feel that something should be boots with the Speed enchantment. Probably not as fast as a horse, but definitely faster than normal! Bonus points if the villagers themselves can get these boots, to speed up things like construction and the like. Or, if you can't make the boots work with the villagers, what if we gave them a monument that made all people of that village passively faster? Like the building the Hindi have that supposedly increases crop growth.

What if all factions had a "passive" building that would passively grant the entire village a buff? I'd make it unique per culture, to further diversify them. Here are my thoughts on that:

Normans: A shrine that increases the HP/Damage of the villagers.
Maya: A monument that increases movement speed.
Hindi: That irrigation pit that increases crop growth rates.
Byzantines: A shrine that improves the productivity of miners/lumberjacks.
Japanese: A shrine which improves the durability of all tools/armor made in that village. Idk if that's possible, but it sounds cool.
Inuits: A shrine that improves growth rates of livestock.

What do you think?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:21 am
by GalianRyu
Zoythrus wrote:Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable. The Maya didn't use horses, historically, as they had none! They had llamas, but llamas are more beasts of burden than "mighty steeds." I don't know about the Inuits, but tameable reindeer would be cool, I guess.

To replace horses, the Maya need something, and I feel that something should be boots with the Speed enchantment. Probably not as fast as a horse, but definitely faster than normal! Bonus points if the villagers themselves can get these boots, to speed up things like construction and the like. Or, if you can't make the boots work with the villagers, what if we gave them a monument that made all people of that village passively faster? Like the building the Hindi have that supposedly increases crop growth.

What if all factions had a "passive" building that would passively grant the entire village a buff? I'd make it unique per culture, to further diversify them. Here are my thoughts on that:

Normans: A shrine that increases the HP/Damage of the villagers.
Maya: A monument that increases movement speed.
Hindi: That irrigation pit that increases crop growth rates.
Byzantines: A shrine that improves the productivity of miners/lumberjacks.
Japanese: A shrine which improves the durability of all tools/armor made in that village. Idk if that's possible, but it sounds cool.
Inuits: A shrine that improves growth rates of livestock.

What do you think?
While we do want to keep everything in Millenaire at least reasonable historically accurate, some things can be fudged a little to make it balance well with Minecraft. After all the Mayans and Inuits never had horses because none were native to the areas they lived in, but that doesn't mean if they suddenly found themselves in a world where horses were running around they wouldn't seize upon the opportunity.

What does everyone else think?

As for the Shrine idea, that's an interesting one, I like the idea of it, and culture specific power ups from it, but that one goes in the "down the road" bin, as there's already already several months worth of things that need doing on my checklist (and that's if I just let my mod go without updates, which I don't plan on lol).

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:55 am
by Zoythrus
GalianRyu wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable. The Maya didn't use horses, historically, as they had none! They had llamas, but llamas are more beasts of burden than "mighty steeds." I don't know about the Inuits, but tameable reindeer would be cool, I guess.

To replace horses, the Maya need something, and I feel that something should be boots with the Speed enchantment. Probably not as fast as a horse, but definitely faster than normal! Bonus points if the villagers themselves can get these boots, to speed up things like construction and the like. Or, if you can't make the boots work with the villagers, what if we gave them a monument that made all people of that village passively faster? Like the building the Hindi have that supposedly increases crop growth.

What if all factions had a "passive" building that would passively grant the entire village a buff? I'd make it unique per culture, to further diversify them. Here are my thoughts on that:

Normans: A shrine that increases the HP/Damage of the villagers.
Maya: A monument that increases movement speed.
Hindi: That irrigation pit that increases crop growth rates.
Byzantines: A shrine that improves the productivity of miners/lumberjacks.
Japanese: A shrine which improves the durability of all tools/armor made in that village. Idk if that's possible, but it sounds cool.
Inuits: A shrine that improves growth rates of livestock.

What do you think?
While we do want to keep everything in Millenaire at least reasonable historically accurate, some things can be fudged a little to make it balance well with Minecraft. After all the Mayans and Inuits never had horses because none were native to the areas they lived in, but that doesn't mean if they suddenly found themselves in a world where horses were running around they wouldn't seize upon the opportunity.

What does everyone else think?

As for the Shrine idea, that's an interesting one, I like the idea of it, and culture specific power ups from it, but that one goes in the "down the road" bin, as there's already already several months worth of things that need doing on my checklist (and that's if I just let my mod go without updates, which I don't plan on lol).
Well, mainly, it's for variety. If the Maya don't have horses, it makes them unique, and allows for a unique niche, like speed boots. It's also historically accurate. I don't want the cultures to simply be carbon copies of each other (with different coats of paint), but I want you to find a Japanese village and think, "Oh, the Japanese! They have X, but they're missing Y, so I'll have to find that elsewhere..."

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:38 pm
by PsiGuy60
Zoythrus wrote: What if all factions had a "passive" building that would passively grant the entire village a buff? I'd make it unique per culture, to further diversify them. Here are my thoughts on that:

Normans: A shrine that increases the HP/Damage of the villagers.
Maya: A monument that increases movement speed.
Hindi: That irrigation pit that increases crop growth rates.
Byzantines: A shrine that improves the productivity of miners/lumberjacks.
Japanese: A shrine which improves the durability of all tools/armor made in that village. Idk if that's possible, but it sounds cool.
Inuits: A shrine that improves growth rates of livestock.

What do you think?
I agree, as long as we can make it culturally relevant.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 pm
by felinoel
Zoythrus wrote:Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable.
The Inuits have a stable... sort of...
Though it is for wolves. =b

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:40 pm
by Zoythrus
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable.
The Inuits have a stable... sort of...
Though it is for wolves. =b
Well, I wonder if we can use that idea. The Inuits don't get horses, but they will get dogs, so you can just buy pre-tamed dogs from them (and things like bones, food, etc).

I now wish that Minecraft had llamas, so that the Maya could give you something that wasn't horses.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:09 pm
by Orange1861
The maya never had llamas, the Incas had them.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:17 pm
by Zoythrus
Orange1861 wrote:The maya never had llamas, the Incas had them.
You're right! I should know this.

Well, it's the best Stable substitute I could think of aside from a non-Stable alternative, like enchanted boots.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 am
by felinoel
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Here's my two cents on the topic of horses, all cultures except the Maya (and Inuits?) should have a stable.
The Inuits have a stable... sort of...
Though it is for wolves. =b
Well, I wonder if we can use that idea. The Inuits don't get horses, but they will get dogs, so you can just buy pre-tamed dogs from them (and things like bones, food, etc).

I now wish that Minecraft had llamas, so that the Maya could give you something that wasn't horses.
Well the hunter building has a pen area and in that area are coded invisible wolf spawners so any player can just steal wolves.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 am
by Zoythrus
felinoel wrote: Well the hunter building has a pen area and in that area are coded invisible wolf spawners so any player can just steal wolves.
Well, I would kinda hope that you could buy a dog instead, but whatever. Having them sell supplies could be cool, too.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:22 pm
by felinoel
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: Well the hunter building has a pen area and in that area are coded invisible wolf spawners so any player can just steal wolves.
Well, I would kinda hope that you could buy a dog instead, but whatever. Having them sell supplies could be cool, too.
I guess spawn eggs could work but that seems unrealistic?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 am
by Zoythrus
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: Well the hunter building has a pen area and in that area are coded invisible wolf spawners so any player can just steal wolves.
Well, I would kinda hope that you could buy a dog instead, but whatever. Having them sell supplies could be cool, too.
I guess spawn eggs could work but that seems unrealistic?
I was imagining a "Buy a Dog/Horse/etc" button with the shopkeeper of the Stable which would grab one of the available animals and put it under your control. I mean, yeah, that might be a little difficult with current code, but still.

Although, a spawn egg would be fun, too!

"Good sir, here is a animal's egg. Just throw it on the ground and it will appear!"

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:45 am
by PsiGuy60
Breeding demonstrably works, though. How about if the player buys a horse/wolf, one is "bred" for them?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:50 pm
by felinoel
PsiGuy60 wrote:Breeding demonstrably works, though. How about if the player buys a horse/wolf, one is "bred" for them?
What like one is coded to be spawned in?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:59 am
by PsiGuy60
felinoel wrote:
PsiGuy60 wrote:Breeding demonstrably works, though. How about if the player buys a horse/wolf, one is "bred" for them?
What like one is coded to be spawned in?
Spawning in works, but I actually meant proper "put two animals in love-mode" breeding, which I just realized wouldn't quite work because the animals in question need to be tamed before they can be bred.

What could work is if stables/wherever-you'd-"buy"-wolves have rooms where animals are spawned in (similar to how the Japanese chicken farm does it right now), and the player "buys" access to one of the rooms and taming supplies instead of directly buying an animal.

This would require a form of locked door/fence gate, but it's a fairly realistic way of doing things.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 am
by Zoythrus
PsiGuy60 wrote:
felinoel wrote:
PsiGuy60 wrote:Breeding demonstrably works, though. How about if the player buys a horse/wolf, one is "bred" for them?
What like one is coded to be spawned in?
Spawning in works, but I actually meant proper "put two animals in love-mode" breeding, which I just realized wouldn't quite work because the animals in question need to be tamed before they can be bred.

What could work is if stables/wherever-you'd-"buy"-wolves have rooms where animals are spawned in (similar to how the Japanese chicken farm does it right now), and the player "buys" access to one of the rooms and taming supplies instead of directly buying an animal.

This would require a form of locked door/fence gate, but it's a fairly realistic way of doing things.
Buying a Spawn Egg sounds like it'd be a far cooler alternative! Who cares if it's not realistic? They are trying to adapt, right?

That reminds me, what if the Maya gave you Ocelots?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm
by felinoel
PsiGuy60 wrote:
felinoel wrote:
PsiGuy60 wrote:Breeding demonstrably works, though. How about if the player buys a horse/wolf, one is "bred" for them?
What like one is coded to be spawned in?
Spawning in works, but I actually meant proper "put two animals in love-mode" breeding, which I just realized wouldn't quite work because the animals in question need to be tamed before they can be bred.

What could work is if stables/wherever-you'd-"buy"-wolves have rooms where animals are spawned in (similar to how the Japanese chicken farm does it right now), and the player "buys" access to one of the rooms and taming supplies instead of directly buying an animal.

This would require a form of locked door/fence gate, but it's a fairly realistic way of doing things.
Well... with a subbuilding this could be done.
Subbuildings used to be really popular in Millenaire a couple years ago but since Kinn stopped using them other people stopped using them too.
Subbuildings are actually how the Normal Walled Town addon in the Library works.

What they do is they take a normal building file, and build attachments off of that building file if requirements are met. So when the subbuilding is built a stable could be constructed off of the normal stable building and it would be designated for use by the player.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:29 am
by GalianRyu
Wow, you guys have been discussing a lot in my absence...I love it.

- Spawning tamed animals is possible, its not even difficult to code, its in the NBT when you spawn it (there's a "type" tag and if you select the right type, its already tamed; you can do this yourself in vanilla Minecraft with the /spawnEntity command). The downside is that it's tamed to whomever spawned it, so if the code is in the villagers, it would be them, but possibly having them breed a puppy that the player can tame might work, and if we overrode the villager code we might be able to tell it to be tamed to whichever player is talking to the villager, but that means re-coding villagers. Still I will likely have to do that for 1.9 when we update anyway, so we'll see.

- I like the idea of the Mayans having Ocelots around somehow, just because Jungles spawn so *&#$% rarely, and I like kitties.

- Subbuildings are a really neat idea, I like the way the Byzantines use them to make multiple buildings around their town center. I'm not saying everyone needs more subuildings, if its nor organic, don't force it...but it's definitely cool when it works.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:11 pm
by felinoel
GalianRyu wrote:Wow, you guys have been discussing a lot in my absence...I love it.

- Spawning tamed animals is possible, its not even difficult to code, its in the NBT when you spawn it (there's a "type" tag and if you select the right type, its already tamed; you can do this yourself in vanilla Minecraft with the /spawnEntity command). The downside is that it's tamed to whomever spawned it, so if the code is in the villagers, it would be them, but possibly having them breed a puppy that the player can tame might work, and if we overrode the villager code we might be able to tell it to be tamed to whichever player is talking to the villager, but that means re-coding villagers. Still I will likely have to do that for 1.9 when we update anyway, so we'll see.
While this is true the way my building currently is is that wolves will spawn untamed and players can just steal them away like they can with all animals in villages.
- Subbuildings are a really neat idea, I like the way the Byzantines use them to make multiple buildings around their town center. I'm not saying everyone needs more subuildings, if its nor organic, don't force it...but it's definitely cool when it works.
I was planning on my dwarven culture being one building with tons of subbuildings since it would be the only way to get a village to spawn underground, by having the ground spawn in first as the building.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:02 am
by Zoythrus
GalianRyu wrote:- Spawning tamed animals is possible, its not even difficult to code, its in the NBT when you spawn it (there's a "type" tag and if you select the right type, its already tamed; you can do this yourself in vanilla Minecraft with the /spawnEntity command). The downside is that it's tamed to whomever spawned it, so if the code is in the villagers, it would be them, but possibly having them breed a puppy that the player can tame might work, and if we overrode the villager code we might be able to tell it to be tamed to whichever player is talking to the villager, but that means re-coding villagers. Still I will likely have to do that for 1.9 when we update anyway, so we'll see.
Or, you know, spawn eggs. Bonus points if there's a VERY tiny chance that the egg actually spawns a Ghast instead.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:26 pm
by MoonCutter2B
Hi!

Any chance for another status update?
Anything we can help with?

/Moon

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:07 pm
by beewyka819
So glad this is getting worked on. I have high hopes now for the Norman Castle addon to be updated eventually too!

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 am
by GalianRyu
Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been scarce these past couple weeks. Just got a new Job! Super exciting, offer came kind of out of the blue, but its a good move and I'm looking forward to it. However, dealing with all that transition-y stuff dramatically ate into my free time, and what little I've had I've been putting toward trying to code at least a little.

I will be away from my desk all this week, I have training in another city until Friday. One I get back though, everything should mellow out and I should have plenty of time to finally jump back in guns blazing.

- Update Status -

-Almost have all blocks, just need to do Alchemist Explosive and fix a few things with the Millenaire Chests.
-Items are about 40% done, I have the generic goods, Seeds, and some food done, still have food, armor, medallions, and wands to go.
-Then, everything else.
It doesn't seem like a lot, but Blocks and Items are the biggest chunk of writing I have to do, as those things are what changed so dramatically in 1.8, plus it involves so many new JSON files. Everything else will mostly be copy/revise/test/fix.

SO I'll see all you lovely people next weekend. Until then, happy Minecrafting!

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:35 pm
by Zoythrus
GalianRyu wrote:Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been scarce these past couple weeks. Just got a new Job! Super exciting, offer came kind of out of the blue, but its a good move and I'm looking forward to it. However, dealing with all that transition-y stuff dramatically ate into my free time, and what little I've had I've been putting toward trying to code at least a little.

I will be away from my desk all this week, I have training in another city until Friday. One I get back though, everything should mellow out and I should have plenty of time to finally jump back in guns blazing.

- Update Status -

-Almost have all blocks, just need to do Alchemist Explosive and fix a few things with the Millenaire Chests.
-Items are about 40% done, I have the generic goods, Seeds, and some food done, still have food, armor, medallions, and wands to go.
-Then, everything else.
It doesn't seem like a lot, but Blocks and Items are the biggest chunk of writing I have to do, as those things are what changed so dramatically in 1.8, plus it involves so many new JSON files. Everything else will mostly be copy/revise/test/fix.

SO I'll see all you lovely people next weekend. Until then, happy Minecrafting!
Take your time, Galian, we're in no rush. We'd rather you take necessary time to make a great mod than rush it to appease the community. The simple fact that you've taken on this massive endeavor gives us hope, and that's all we need right now. :)

Thank you once again for stepping up. You've gained +50 Respect from everyone on this forum because of it.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:05 pm
by beewyka819
There is a bug where you leave a game during a construction, and when you return, there are two people building, when you have to rebuild the NPC's for 1.9, it would be great if you could make this just happen. Also, I use the Castle addon and the wall takes ages to build, as the NPC's build on a strict axis, causing them to go back and forth when building the right and left sides of the wall. Is it possible to make it so NPC's can switch the axis mid-build to speed up the process?

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:32 pm
by MoonCutter2B
This was posted in another thread a few weeks ago regarding the same suggestion:
GalianRyu wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
Orange1861 wrote:A solution could be more than one villager building at once since realistically, 1 person did not build things.
You can believe in dragons, zombies, and a world made of blocks, but can't fathom why only one villager can build at a time? Screw realism, this is Minecraft!

Seriously, it just saves processing power if the building is "printed," just like a 3D printer.
Exactly, the building is plotted out, in a very specific way and the villager follows that point plot like a 3D printer would, doing it any other way would be....difficult. From a theoretical standpoint, more villagers would make it go faster, but from a coding standpoint, it would make it very likely buildings don't build right as multiple villagers accidentally place the same block or forget to place once because another one was supposed to.

The only way to really fix the specific issue he's mentioning (and I will admit, watching them moat the Norman Fortress is tedious) is to change the way the village pathfinds around the building, but Millenaire already has marginally better pathfinding in it than actual Minecraft villagers, so I don't know if I could improve on it much.

FOr now we'll leave it as is, maybe in the future a better solution will present itself.

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:19 pm
by beewyka819
Ok, but trying to fix the fact that the NPC's get stuck on everything and sometimes NEED player assistance to push them would help.