Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Discuss Millénaire in English

Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Kinniken » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that while I've been very silent in recent times, I have started work on updating Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8. It's just that it's a big update and it will take some time for me to complete it!

Cheers

K.
User avatar
Kinniken
Site Admin
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 pm

You're not dead!

Huzzah!

I am now eagerly awaiting the update.
*eagerly awaits update*
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:49 pm

I've been making sure all of the bugs have been recorded in great detail for you:

http://millenaire.org/wiki/Bug_reports#Bugs_in_6.0.0
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Samsonyt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:54 am

Fantastic! I'm glad to here the good news. Your'e mod is the absolute best there is for Minecraft!
Samsonyt
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:52 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:03 pm

Samsonyt wrote:Fantastic! I'm glad to here the good news. Your'e mod is the absolute best there is for Minecraft!


I second this sentiment. This is definitely my favorite mod for Minecraft.
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Xour » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Sweet as we are all eagerly awaiting the 1.8 release :D
User avatar
Xour
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby TechGremlin » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:32 am

That's great news, it's hard to imagine Minecraft without Millenaire, looking forward to the update and keep up the good work :)
TechGremlin
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Teethdude » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Ah yes. I'm quite glad to see that there will be a 1.8 update somewhat soon :)
User avatar
Teethdude
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:06 pm

TechGremlin wrote:That's great news, it's hard to imagine Minecraft without Millenaire, looking forward to the update and keep up the good work :)

lol woah nice first post here person I know.
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby StalkerExecutor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:17 am

Indeed.

The Thirteen of Qarth, the Greatest city that is and ever will be, applaud your continued support of the project known as Millenaire. It has provided great entertainment for our people, especially Xaro Xhoan Daxos and the Spice King.
StalkerExecutor
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:52 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Orange1861 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:58 am

Will the update have any new features?
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.
Orange1861
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Ruff Ghanor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:09 pm

I'll just be a combatipility to 1.8 or there will be new features
Ruff Ghanor
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Ruff Ghanor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Orange1861 wrote:Will the update have any new features?

this is the 1.8 BETA wrong discussion
Ruff Ghanor
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Orange1861 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 am

Ruff Ghanor wrote:
Orange1861 wrote:Will the update have any new features?

this is the 1.8 BETA wrong discussion


No, this is the most recent 1.8.
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.
Orange1861
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby imdutch21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:04 pm

So this may be a big request, but is there a posabillity that you make Millénaire open source? I don't know if you have any reasons not to do this, but it would be awesome if you made it open source.
imdutch21
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby NeuronSauce » Wed May 06, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm so excited! This is my absolute favorite mod. :) Can't wait to have it with the new update!
NeuronSauce
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Orange1861 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm

imdutch21 wrote:So this may be a big request, but is there a posabillity that you make Millénaire open source? I don't know if you have any reasons not to do this, but it would be awesome if you made it open source.


What is open source?
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.
Orange1861
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Orange1861 wrote:
imdutch21 wrote:So this may be a big request, but is there a posabillity that you make Millénaire open source? I don't know if you have any reasons not to do this, but it would be awesome if you made it open source.


What is open source?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... n_LEGO.ogv
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby trollkind » Fri May 15, 2015 8:39 am

First of all, a thousand thank yous for your work. I wouldn't play Minecraft at all if it weren't for Millenaire and the John Smith Texture Pack. I wish Millenaire would be integrated into normal Minecraft as their own town/villager system is just not interesting. I also wish you got at least a million from the huge buyout of Mojang, you and everyone who work(-ed) on Millenaire sure deserve it.

I would love if there were little updates, like bi-weekly, even if little progress has been made. I just get scared when we don't hear anything for a while, that I'll be forever stuck with 1.7.10 and Millenaire 5.3 (6.0 doesn't work for me), which is somewhat buggy.

<edit>
I actually got Millenaire 6.0 running now, I used a "too new" Forge version and went back to the proper 10.13.2
This will hold me over for another month or two, will also try Thaumcraft for the first time to spice things up.
User avatar
trollkind
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Mon May 18, 2015 5:54 pm

trollkind wrote:First of all, a thousand thank yous for your work. I wouldn't play Minecraft at all if it weren't for Millenaire and the John Smith Texture Pack. I wish Millenaire would be integrated into normal Minecraft as their own town/villager system is just not interesting. I also wish you got at least a million from the huge buyout of Mojang, you and everyone who work(-ed) on Millenaire sure deserve it.

I would love if there were little updates, like bi-weekly, even if little progress has been made. I just get scared when we don't hear anything for a while, that I'll be forever stuck with 1.7.10 and Millenaire 5.3 (6.0 doesn't work for me), which is somewhat buggy.

<edit>
I actually got Millenaire 6.0 running now, I used a "too new" Forge version and went back to the proper 10.13.2
This will hold me over for another month or two, will also try Thaumcraft for the first time to spice things up.

Millenaire used to update often, but the dev is busy with his new kid now.
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby agon999 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:22 pm

felinoel wrote:
trollkind wrote:First of all, a thousand thank yous for your work. I wouldn't play Minecraft at all if it weren't for Millenaire and the John Smith Texture Pack. I wish Millenaire would be integrated into normal Minecraft as their own town/villager system is just not interesting. I also wish you got at least a million from the huge buyout of Mojang, you and everyone who work(-ed) on Millenaire sure deserve it.

I would love if there were little updates, like bi-weekly, even if little progress has been made. I just get scared when we don't hear anything for a while, that I'll be forever stuck with 1.7.10 and Millenaire 5.3 (6.0 doesn't work for me), which is somewhat buggy.

<edit>
I actually got Millenaire 6.0 running now, I used a "too new" Forge version and went back to the proper 10.13.2
This will hold me over for another month or two, will also try Thaumcraft for the first time to spice things up.

Millenaire used to update often, but the dev is busy with his new kid now.


so you know him? are you his kid? quit misleading people.
agon999
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Tue May 19, 2015 4:09 am

felinoel wrote:Millenaire used to update often, but the dev is busy with his new kid now.


Kids, messing up the development of our means of entertainment. How dare they!? Don't they realize just how important our entertainment is?
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Orange1861 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:07 am

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:Millenaire used to update often, but the dev is busy with his new kid now.


Kids, messing up the development of our means of entertainment. How dare they!? Don't they realize just how important our entertainment is?


LOL.
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.
Orange1861
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 am

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Tue May 19, 2015 2:09 pm

agon999 wrote:
felinoel wrote:
trollkind wrote:First of all, a thousand thank yous for your work. I wouldn't play Minecraft at all if it weren't for Millenaire and the John Smith Texture Pack. I wish Millenaire would be integrated into normal Minecraft as their own town/villager system is just not interesting. I also wish you got at least a million from the huge buyout of Mojang, you and everyone who work(-ed) on Millenaire sure deserve it.

I would love if there were little updates, like bi-weekly, even if little progress has been made. I just get scared when we don't hear anything for a while, that I'll be forever stuck with 1.7.10 and Millenaire 5.3 (6.0 doesn't work for me), which is somewhat buggy.

<edit>
I actually got Millenaire 6.0 running now, I used a "too new" Forge version and went back to the proper 10.13.2
This will hold me over for another month or two, will also try Thaumcraft for the first time to spice things up.

Millenaire used to update often, but the dev is busy with his new kid now.


so you know him? are you his kid? quit misleading people.
Misleading people? Am I his kid?

What? No he posted when his kid was born that having a kid would lessen the amount of time he could spend on Millenaire...
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Hey Kinniken,

Can we get an update on your progress? We'd also like to know what you think of the new 1.9 developments. Offhand weapons do seem pretty interesting.
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Rasseru » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 am

I'm not dead.... If any cares about me?

I haven't been doing my part with creating a new culture or working on Japanese since... I am not a programmer and just a creator with basic tools. Things are slow or not going any where since, I have no one to work with and the free time. As you know the "Devs" / "Team" are busy with other projects or real life stuff. Like, I am trying to get a job in Japan.

Also the following of fans is a little slow now and not getting a lot of support as before...

I will be waiting till i am needed in that corner over there. Good luck to all.
Millénaire's Japanese Culture Co-creator & Forum's Admin
Image
User avatar
Rasseru
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm
Location: USA and Japan

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 am

Wow, you're the guy who made the Japanese?! Awesome!!!!!
They're my favorite culture to control, but I prefer interacting with the Maya just a little more. :P

The textures of the people could use some updating, since they look kinda flat compared to the others, but otherwise, you've made a kickass culture, buddy!
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Skrotoss » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm

is this mod still alive? the game is in 1.8.7 already and the 1.8 version of the mod is still not online. there is still hope for us?
Skrotoss
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Kinniken would tell us if he were ditching it...
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby extaz93 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

Really waiting for the update, even if it is next year ! Since i cannot play minecraft anymore without millenaire, it really changed my way of playing...and really expanded the lifetime of that game for me.
extaz93
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Bisougai » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:15 am

Could we have some news please ? :D
Bisougai
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby oblisgr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:04 am

I think this is dead. :P
oblisgr
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Maybe he's waiting for a 1.9 snapshot?
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Ticlon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Just for you to know guys and Kinniken: I am also still around here time to time!
Keep up your great stuff Kinniken, all of your 'team' is still here :P
Ticlon
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Playaah92 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:27 pm

I don't know if Millenaire is still in the works since this forum seems kinda dead, but it would be great if the creator could give us an official answer. Been waiting on a new release for a long time now and it doesn't seem like it's comming.
Playaah92
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby ArionBaile » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Playaah92 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:27 pm

I don't know if Millenaire is still in the works since this forum seems kinda dead, but it would be great if the creator could give us an official answer. Been waiting on a new release for a long time now and it doesn't seem like it's comming.


Hey, he has a child he has to take care of so its hard for him to write code at our convenience. Plus even if millenaire stays at 1.7.10 forever you will always get to play it till minecraft is no more. As the launcher allows for multiple versions of minecraft.
ArionBaile
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Bisougai wrote:Could we have some news please ? :D

oblisgr wrote:I think this is dead. :P

Playaah92 wrote:I don't know if Millenaire is still in the works since this forum seems kinda dead, but it would be great if the creator could give us an official answer. Been waiting on a new release for a long time now and it doesn't seem like it's comming.
Minecraft 1.8 was REALLY different, a lot of modmakers are having trouble with this update because it is so radically different.

A lot of Millenaire is going to have to be completely remade from scratch because of the changes and that takes TIME.
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby HavenYaY » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you for your continued work on this excellent mod! I just wanted to echo many others and say this is absolutely hands down my favorite mod for Minecraft by far. Millénaire is the best, and I'm excited for the 1.8 version, however long it takes! Thank you!
HavenYaY
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby AlexanderLG1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Kinniken wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that while I've been very silent in recent times, I have started work on updating Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8. It's just that it's a big update and it will take some time for me to complete it!

Cheers

K.

And when will Millénaire on the Minecraft 1.8 ?
P.S I am Russian
AlexanderLG1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Pavel2000 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:43 am

Maybe in December 2015 ps I'm Russian
User avatar
Pavel2000
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 am
Location: Russia

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby AlexanderLG1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:07 am

Pavel2000 wrote:Maybe in December 2015 ps I'm Russian

thank you
AlexanderLG1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby AlexanderLG1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:08 am

Pavel2000 wrote:Maybe in December 2015 ps I'm Russian

thank you
AlexanderLG1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby PsiGuy60 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Skrotoss wrote:is this mod still alive? the game is in 1.8.7 already and the 1.8 version of the mod is still not online. there is still hope for us?


A lot of 1.7.10 mods aren't updated for 1.8 yet - particularly the more complex ones.

This mod probably has some of the most work out of any to port it to 1.8 and beyond - it relies on a lot of old code to work.
PsiGuy60
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 am

PsiGuy60 wrote:
Skrotoss wrote:is this mod still alive? the game is in 1.8.7 already and the 1.8 version of the mod is still not online. there is still hope for us?


A lot of 1.7.10 mods aren't updated for 1.8 yet - particularly the more complex ones.

This mod probably has some of the most work out of any to port it to 1.8 and beyond - it relies on a lot of old code to work.

Though since 1.8 is such a major change it is very possible that Millenaire is going to be completely rewritten again, removing the old codes.
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby LavaCreeper » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Pavel2000 wrote:Maybe in December 2015 ps I'm Russian

Is that verified ? I haven't seen any post from the dev about an ETA. I really do hope it will be released soon, I can't wait to see how Millénaire will look like when rewrote ! It's an awesome mod !
LavaCreeper
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby PsiGuy60 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:04 am

felinoel wrote:Though since 1.8 is such a major change it is very possible that Millenaire is going to be completely rewritten again, removing the old codes.

Which is basically what I meant - a ton of code will probably have to be rewritten because that old code is no longer present in Minecraft. The removal of numeric Item ID's is a relatively minor example for Millénaire, but it is the most well-known thing.
PsiGuy60
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby felinoel » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:37 pm

LavaCreeper wrote:
Pavel2000 wrote:Maybe in December 2015 ps I'm Russian

Is that verified ? I haven't seen any post from the dev about an ETA. I really do hope it will be released soon, I can't wait to see how Millénaire will look like when rewrote ! It's an awesome mod !

PsiGuy60 wrote:
felinoel wrote:Though since 1.8 is such a major change it is very possible that Millenaire is going to be completely rewritten again, removing the old codes.

Which is basically what I meant - a ton of code will probably have to be rewritten because that old code is no longer present in Minecraft. The removal of numeric Item ID's is a relatively minor example for Millénaire, but it is the most well-known thing.

If we look at another big mod like Millenaire, Thaumcraft, we can see that the MC v1.8 version of Thaumcraft has been pretty much literally completely rewritten, in fact elements of TC2 and TC3 can be found replacing materials from TC4 for the new TC5 and one can assume this was due to the entire mod being rewritten.

If the mod has to be completely rewritten as we assumed then Millenaire will of course take quite some time.
User avatar
felinoel
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby Zoythrus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:40 am

felinoel wrote:...will of course take quite some time.


NOOO!!! Doesn't Kinniken know that's far too long and we're all being horribly inconvenienced?! /s
User avatar
Zoythrus
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby agon999 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:...will of course take quite some time.


NOOO!!! Doesn't Kinniken know that's far too long and we're all being horribly inconvenienced?! /s


IKR
agon999
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: Millénaire for Minecraft 1.8 - status update

Postby TheStuffingEmperor » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:47 pm

UH OH...

With 1.9 changes.... :o
TheStuffingEmperor
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Next

Return to Millénaire in English

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest