Position opening: Master of Translations!

Discuss Millénaire in English
Kinniken
Site Admin

Position opening: Master of Translations!

Post by Kinniken » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi guys,

As you've no doubt noted I haven't been very active lately... I'll try and get a bit of work done in the next few weeks though, starting with an update to 1.7.10.

Anyway, there's something I'd like help with. I receive a lot of mails from people wanting to help with translations, and unfortunately I just don't have the time to deal with them... It's not such a big job really, but I'd rather use my limited time for Millénaire on other things.

So basically I need " Master of Translations", that is, someone to coordinates with translators for me. The work to be done is as follow:
- Answer questions from people wanting to help with translations (maybe 3-4 mails a week)
- Put people working on the same language in contact (you don't need to organise they split the work, let them do it)
- Receive translated files and do basic checks to them, mainly that they are translated properly
- Put the files in question on a shared directory I'll provide

Qualifications required:
- Know how the translation system works, including things like how to set text files to UTF 8 and how to generate the comparison reports
- Be a fairly organised, neat kind of person
- Commit to doing it for a reasonable amount of time (say a few months)

That's about it. I'd of course stay available to answer any questions necessary. If someone is willing to do it I'll put his email (or a dedicated @millenaire.org one if preferred) on the Millénaire website instead of mine in the translation section.

Thanks!

TheAlphaTurkey

Re: Position opening: Master of Translations!

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 pm

As no ones answered yet I'd be happy to take this job up. I'm not 100% sure how the translation system works (but I'm sure I'll pick it up fairly quickly) but I have had experience in management so I guess I'd be okay at that..

Plus I'm generally loyal as a dog, so I guess that's a plus?

In short, I'll be the back-up guy :D If no-one else fancies the job, I'll be happy to take care of it for you :)

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:14 am

Well, a manager is exactly what I'm looking for ;) Thanks for the offer.

If nobody else answers soon you have it. You'll see, the tech side isn't very complicated.

Teethdude

Post by Teethdude » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:05 am

I could probably do it. I have some background knowledge with the dialogues when I was making the English version for Mayan Dialogue.
Free time is basically all I have right now and even when school starts I'll still be able to access my emails without issues one way or another.
I may only need a quick tutorial for a refresher since it's been about a year since I did those dialogues :lol:

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:30 am

Two candidates, good :)

Well, the technical aspect is not very complicated, Teethdude I know you can do it, and TheAlphaTurkey if you're at ease with computers it shouldn't be a big task either to get up to speed on it. So it's mostly a question of having the time, being organized, and not getting bored too quickly with most questions being the same over and over again... What do you guys think?

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 am

Up to Teeth in my opinion, I'm cool with it either way :)

Teethdude

Post by Teethdude » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:36 pm

To my demise some personal things actually came up and will be too distracting for awhile.
So I think TheAlphaTurkey should do it. If I knew this was going to happen I wouldn't of put my name in.
So, there you go Mr. Turkey! :)

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Now, I read it carefully and I can say: I can help to translate the texts from english to spanish. When you have a translator manager, please contact me to help.

Regards, CrikCrok.
Norman Core Buildings replacement C.XIII . 2.03 FIXED RELEASE! check it in Millenaire Library or Millenaire Forums to download it.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 am

TheAlphaTurkey wrote:Up to Teeth in my opinion, I'm cool with it either way :)
Looks like it's you :) Can you contact me by mail at [email protected] so we can get started? Thanks.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:36 am

Kinniken wrote:
TheAlphaTurkey wrote:Up to Teeth in my opinion, I'm cool with it either way :)
Looks like it's you :) Can you contact me by mail at [email protected] so we can get started? Thanks.
Huzzah!

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 pm

*cheers*

Yay! I might even get to practice my Spanish skills while doing this ;)

kustridaren100

Post by kustridaren100 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi sorry if this is in wrong forum but im wondering if I have made the swedish translation in right utf8 and file .txt