How exactly do you get the Sphax resource pack to work?

Discuss Millénaire in English
personn5

How exactly do you get the Sphax resource pack to work?

Post by personn5 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:31 am

I've got the basic sphax resource pack, and it works fine, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the millenaire-specific textures to work, they always revert back to the base icons.

I've been trying to use this onehttp://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=186

not sure what I'm doing wrong though.

archknight12

Re: How exactly do you get the Sphax resource pack to work?

Post by archknight12 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am

the spax resource pack also needs to be 128x for it to work if you're using a 64x64 spax it wont work unless you manually resize all the files to 64x64 which btw is easy but if you do it using paint then you will have a white square around the item so you would need to use something like photoshop to make sure the background is transparent

eecer

Post by eecer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:35 pm

To get the Millenaire textures x128 purebd to work, open your millenaire.jar with 7zip or winrar.

Once you have that open go to assets and delete the textures folder.

Open the Millenaire x128 purebd .zip and drag the textures folder over into the millenaire.jar/assets.

As a warning you may want to save a copy of the original millenaire.jar, I currently have an issue with the bot textures not loading and I think I will have to dig through the original millenaire textures to re-apply them.

MauveCloud

Post by MauveCloud » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 pm

What I did was I opened the millenaire.jar, and rebuilt the texture pack zip to have a matching folder structure for assets and below, and added a pack.mcmeta slightly modified from another sphax texture pack patch and a pack.png copied from another sphax patch. That way, I can enable/disable it in the resource packs menu, they'll be there even if I upgrade my copy of Millenaire, and I don't have to worry so much about backing up a copy of millenaire.jar.