Mayan armor and extended weapons suggestion

Discuss Millénaire in English
Pakal The Great

Mayan armor and extended weapons suggestion

Post by Pakal The Great » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:48 pm

So, the Normans have a set of armor, the Byzantines have a set of armor, the Japanese have two sets of armor, and the Hindi get iron armor.
But what about the Maya? I believe that some sort of twisted cotton armor set could be implemented, as well as an Atlatl (an Atlatl is... a really useful spear, as Sips would put it), or, if the Atlatl seems less advanced than a bow, how about Obsidian arrows?
Also, maybe the Maya could take sacrificial captives whenever they raided a village? That would give the Sacrificial Altar a use different than the Creation quest use.
And the last suggestion is... Textiles.
The Maya, in classical times, had used three different natural dyes to dye their clothing. Why not implement a Pet Kok building, and add a gatherers hut into the mod so they can go into the building, and gather natural supplies, like Maize seeds, Cacau pods, or flowers to create the dyes. Also, the rich women and other women could have a use. The rich women could make a head-dress, pearl necklaces (Fishermans hut?), and the regular women could create clothes that differ from the regular ones, I.e colorful ones that can only be unlocked if the village has a Market.
Anyways, thank you for reading this, and please leave a suggestion or a like if you(Comment stating this) like what I am suggesting.

Ticlon

Re: Mayan armor and extended weapons suggestion

Post by Ticlon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 pm

For Most of your suggestions you can actually do it yourself. For the armour, I am sure you'll find some coder. And implementing it into Millénaire then isn't too hard as well.
Same for the dyes and different clothing styles. As you see, my Byzantines Feature variable clothing - its in the code ;) You'd have to make the textures though, for the rest you'll find people happy to help ;) And if its well-Balancend it will become part of the Main mod.

Regards,
Ticlon

Pakal The Great

Post by Pakal The Great » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:03 am

Uh... I haven't got the slightest clue on how to start coding, and I don't even think there is a Minecraft texture-making app that is compatible with my MacBook. It would make me very happy if you could direct me to a Mac-Compatible Mincraft texture app that I could use to create the Atlatl and the Armor, as well as the Textiles.
P.S I have seen some Non-translated mayan dialogue (English), and I was wondering if you could direct me to where they were, and then I could possibly translate them?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 am

I'm actually looking to do something similar myself if I had some help...
http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=400

But for all translation help see here:
http://millenaire.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11