Wand of Negation

Discuss Millénaire in English
oblisgr

Wand of Negation

Post by oblisgr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am

I cant use the wand of negation with any means to extract a building. I follow the instruction to make this with the signs but i get no message and nothing happens. Is it working?

carriontrooper

Re: Wand of Negation

Post by carriontrooper » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Not even an error report? Make sure your signs are 1) in the right places and 2) written with the parameters (exported file name on line 1, building starting block on line 3).
Right click on the north-west sign (this one should have the filenames, the other ones can be blank) and you should have either a confirmation message or an error message.

If problem still exists, try reinstalling Millenaire?

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Ye i did it, at last.
I create and exported my buildings. It spawns them as supposed to do but the villagers i added in txt do not spawn?

What's wrong?

this is my txt:
max:2;priority:5;native:Sawmill;around:4;startLevel:-1;orientation:2;male:lumberman_byzantine;
female:wife_byzantine;width:12;length:7;pathlevel:1;

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Hmm, I guess so, I have tried it with CrikCrok's buildings and spawning by wand of summoning does not spawn villagers. You need to put the building in a village (or if you want to be more precise, a new village just to test buildings) for the villagers to appear.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Yes i have put the building in village. I spawn the village using the wand of summon. It summons the towncenter (the already created from the mod) with its villagers and the 2 buildings i set to be spawn from start but it gives me no villagers (the villagers i created in the buildings i created). I tried to set villagers that came with the mod but still it is not spawning them.

Maybe I have to edit the buildings png and add spawn point?
I really dunno...

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Actually i just noticed that the buildings are not connected to the townhouse with path.
Maybe this is the problem?
Why this happens?

druha

Post by druha » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:41 am

oblisgr wrote:Yes i have put the building in village. I spawn the village using the wand of summon. It summons the towncenter (the already created from the mod) with its villagers and the 2 buildings i set to be spawn from start but it gives me no villagers (the villagers i created in the buildings i created). I tried to set villagers that came with the mod but still it is not spawning them.

Maybe I have to edit the buildings png and add spawn point?
I really dunno...
Buildings which have villager interaction (home/shop/farm/etc) all must always have a main chest in the building plan.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 am

The problem was that the wand of negation exports buildings but without sleepingpos, mainchestpos and pathstartpos.

Without sleepingpos the villager will not stay in his building, without pathstartpos the vilager will not spawn and without mainchestpos the vilager will not work.

I have tested with miner and you have to edit the mine too. You have to create a stonesourcepos in order to mine. You cannot find it in minecraft but you can find it in colors.

Today i will test to create a woodcutter too.

Unfortunattely the wand of negation is buggy. When you export a building and try after that to summon it, the beds you have put will rotate and will ruin the building. Some other items do this too like furnace, chests wtc.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah, that is a problem, you have to manually edit the building image files. CrikCrok had already made a handy guide, somewhere in this forum.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:41 pm

please link it! ;)
I started a psd file (photoshop) with every possible usable color pixel needed.
I just have to add the exported building, open it with the photoshop and add the pixels needed.
Unfortunatelly the problem with the rotated beds remains...

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Yes anything that isn't a placeable block needs to be manually added.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:54 am

oblisgr wrote:please link it! ;)
I started a psd file (photoshop) with every possible usable color pixel needed.
I just have to add the exported building, open it with the photoshop and add the pixels needed.
Unfortunatelly the problem with the rotated beds remains...
I lost the original thread, it might be over on minecraft forums. But here it is via tinypic.
This shows a + arrangement of stones, with beds and trapdoors on each side, on the correct alignment. The red ones are beds.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 pm

what is this? :P

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 am

just a handy guide crikcrok made. It shows the proper positions and colors for the beds and trapdoors.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:54 am

carriontrooper wrote:just a handy guide crikcrok made. It shows the proper positions and colors for the beds and trapdoors.
lol really? I basically did the same but with full buildings. x.x;