How to replace .txt file for civilizations.

Discuss Millénaire in English
oblisgr

How to replace .txt file for civilizations.

Post by oblisgr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 am

If someone wants to replace a skin in a mod just creates a resource pack and replaces the skins without touching the mod. But how can i replace the mod's txt file without having to change the actual files? Can this be done using the millenaire-custom?

CrikCrok

Re: How to replace .txt file for civilizations.

Post by CrikCrok » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 am

yep

You put in millenaire-custom/mods/(YOURPACKNAME)/cultures/cultureyoulike/villagers/modifiedtxtfiles.txt

In my pack I put custom skins, you can take a look the folder structure.
Norman Core Buildings replacement C.XIII . 2.03 FIXED RELEASE! check it in Millenaire Library or Millenaire Forums to download it.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Hm i dont think it works. I put my edited txt files to the custrom millnaire folder under byzantines/villagers etc to replace the txt in millenaire file but no the mod is using the old skins. It doesnt read my new files. The only way to replace the txt files in only to put them into the actual millenaire file :/

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:27 pm

wait, can I see the edited files? And have you put the resource pack files in the right folders?

For a surefire way to replace skins, try naming the new skins differently, then modify the .txt in the villagers. See if you can get the new skins showing this way.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 pm

When I put the modified txt in mod/millenaire/cultures/byzantines/villagers is working just fine. Shows my skins and my modifications.

If i put the same file in custom mod/millenaire-custom/cultures/byzantines/villagers is not working. Dunno why... maybe because there wasnt byzantines folder and i created it myself?

I havent touched anything special in txt. just put the path to my own skins to select from. It is working just fine when in millenaire folder. I dont think it has to do with that.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 am

You need a folder with your CUSTOMCREATION placed in the millenaire-custom/mods folder. I tell you in the last post.
Norman Core Buildings replacement C.XIII . 2.03 FIXED RELEASE! check it in Millenaire Library or Millenaire Forums to download it.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:22 am

Maybe you need to copy+paste the whole Byzantine villagers' txt file that you modified? Sometimes when a txt file in the custom folder has errors, it won't get read and instead uses the vanilla one.

What I do know is that what you put in the millenaire-custom folder, if it has the same file path and the same name as the vanilla folder, the vanilla will get overwritten by the custom. So your problem could lie in the custom file not getting 'read' so to speak.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:42 am

Post by carriontrooper » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:22 am
"What I do know is that what you put in the millenaire-custom folder, if it has the same file path and the same name as the vanilla folder, the vanilla will get overwritten by the custom. So your problem could lie in the custom file not getting 'read' so to speak."

So you say that maybe If I put the txt in diferent path folders the mod will recognize them? Never seen that before...

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:22 am

oblisgr wrote: If i put the same file in custom mod/millenaire-custom/cultures/byzantines/villagers is not working. Dunno why... maybe because there wasnt byzantines folder and i created it myself?
Try "mods/millenaire-custom/mods/CUSTOM/cultures/byzantines/villagers"

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 am

oblisgr wrote: So you say that maybe If I put the txt in diferent path folders the mod will recognize them? Never seen that before...
No, you misunderstood. I think the problem is not in file placement, but the file itself. But just to be sure, try CrikCrok's method first. If that didn't work, then post an example of the file you wanted to fix; There might be some formatting error or something like that.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:35 am

Worked after many many tries! Created the custom folder and its ok.
Can this be done incide a resource pack folder? Like I have all my skins in the resource pack can i add txt files too?

druha

Post by druha » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:02 pm

oblisgr wrote:Worked after many many tries! Created the custom folder and its ok.
Can this be done incide a resource pack folder? Like I have all my skins in the resource pack can i add txt files too?
Unfortunately you can't. You also can't put custom villager skins into a normal resource pack. I'm hoping it will becomes resource pack compatible for 1.7, at least for the textures.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

of course you can! :) you just have to change the path in each villager txt.
I run my millenaire using my own HD skins that i have stored in my resource pack. Needs a bit of work but you can do it.