Village Spawning for Pregen Worlds

Discuss Millénaire in English
idgarad

Village Spawning for Pregen Worlds

Post by idgarad » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 pm

I haven't check since 2012 but does Millenaire now finally trigger 'properly' when using tools like dynmap or worldborder to generate villages when chunks generate or is it still triggering off of a player actually being present? (Hypotheically: It is triggered by a Chunk Generation event or a Player Move Event).

Most mods I've seen like Ruins seem to trigger off of the decorate trigger. Is Millenaire triggering now in a similar fashion?

felinoel

Re: Village Spawning for Pregen Worlds

Post by felinoel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 pm

It is not, I can see why the option should be available but the reasoning is that it might destroy players' work if included.

What you CAN do though is suggest this as I agree that this would be a good addition.

druha

Post by druha » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:25 pm

felinoel wrote:It is not, I can see why the option should be available but the reasoning is that it might destroy players' work if included.

What you CAN do though is suggest this as I agree that this would be a good addition.
If it was triggered when the biome decorate event fired then it would never destroy a player's work as the biome decorate event is only ever fired when a new chunk generates and only ever fired once per chunk.

So this should definitely be suggested as a change, in my opinion.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 pm

druha wrote:If it was triggered when the biome decorate event fired then it would never destroy a player's work as the biome decorate event is only ever fired when a new chunk generates and only ever fired once per chunk.

So this should definitely be suggested as a change, in my opinion.
No I agree, I was only explaining why it doesn't exist yet.

idgarad

Post by idgarad » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:01 pm

The only concern would be if a village can span a biome / chunk but last I heard the decorator can trigger adjcent chunks to load. The way villages seem to generate would imply that all the chunks for the size need to be generated already. So at the very edge as chunks are generating a village would never generate since the next needed chunks aren't there yet. However if what I recall is correct when the biome decorator is called it forces the additional chunks to generate (thus strongholds can span chunks) that are needed. It should be possible to code to piggyback on the decorator so you can do a worldborder fill radius 10000 and have all your millenaire villages generated at that time. You could even throw in a config option to cap the number of millenaire villages allowed.

Another option would be a command (this is assuming that spawn village is disabled) to scan a radius and populate villages after the fact.

A: You do a worldfill for a 10000 radius lets say
B: /millenaire genvillages 10000 2000 20 (Radius 10000, minimum of 2000 block distance, max of 20 villages)

Another nice possibility with a post-production pass of villages is you could build paths or roads between villages. Hell even an offline tool would be possible to populate those villages.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 am

idgarad wrote:Another option would be a command (this is assuming that spawn village is disabled) to scan a radius and populate villages after the fact.
I suggest you suggest this on the Suggestions page.

Call it an Admin Village Wand or something, have it be not craftable and only obtainable by cheating it in.