Merchants

Discuss Millénaire in English
Laphtiya

Merchants

Post by Laphtiya » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Quick question about the merchants, I have about 4 villages discovered in the game which I am trading with regularly. Each village has an inn with a merchant, however they do not seem to be importing/exporting any goods at all. Is there something I am missing or is this just how it goes?

druha

Re: Merchants

Post by druha » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Laphtiya wrote:Quick question about the merchants, I have about 4 villages discovered in the game which I am trading with regularly. Each village has an inn with a merchant, however they do not seem to be importing/exporting any goods at all. Is there something I am missing or is this just how it goes?
Talk to the leader of each village and find out what their relationships are with each other. They will only import/export with other villages that have high enough good relations. And are more likely to do it with villages of their own culture rather than a different culture. Use your influence to get them to like each other. You may also need a special building other than just an Inn, maybe a Marketplace or something similar? I can't remember on that part.

Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:50 pm

druha wrote: Talk to the leader of each village and find out what their relationships are with each other. They will only import/export with other villages that have high enough good relations. And are more likely to do it with villages of their own culture rather than a different culture. Use your influence to get them to like each other. You may also need a special building other than just an Inn, maybe a Marketplace or something similar? I can't remember on that part.
Forgot to mention that all the villages are +100 in relations. I have one Norman, Two Byzantine, One Japanese and One Hindi complex. They are quite far from eachother 600-1km in distance so maybe thats it?

druha

Post by druha » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Laphtiya wrote: Forgot to mention that all the villages are +100 in relations. I have one Norman, Two Byzantine, One Japanese and One Hindi complex. They are quite far from eachother 600-1km in distance so maybe thats it?
That is a possibility. I'm honestly not sure how distance affects this particular part of the system. However, there is a config option for keeping villages loaded in an X block (maybe chunk?) radius. Perhaps if the chunk with the village is unloaded they can't trade with each other. Something to look at.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 pm

druha wrote:
Laphtiya wrote: Forgot to mention that all the villages are +100 in relations. I have one Norman, Two Byzantine, One Japanese and One Hindi complex. They are quite far from eachother 600-1km in distance so maybe thats it?
That is a possibility. I'm honestly not sure how distance affects this particular part of the system. However, there is a config option for keeping villages loaded in an X block (maybe chunk?) radius. Perhaps if the chunk with the village is unloaded they can't trade with each other. Something to look at.
A year or two ago distance did not affect that... but yeah I think it might nowadays.

Oh you mean unloaded chunks?
Hmmm, maybe install a chunkloader mod to keep the villages loaded?