Frequency of cultures

Discuss Millénaire in English
Felagund

Frequency of cultures

Post by Felagund » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:12 am

Hello,

It seems that the frequency of the differetns villages/cultures are very different :I've never seen a byzantine village since I've been playing, normand grosbourg spawns very often, never seen a military village.
I've never changed the weight of the differents villages.
I thought it came from the mod Highland but when I play on a fat map, not generated with Highland, it's the same.
Any idea ?

Another thing : when all the buildings have been built in a village, the villages stop to build. But how do they know it's over ? Because, in the txt file of each type of village, there is a list of buildings to be built but if a building not in this list (core, extra...) is not in the "never" list too, it can be built. For instance, my industrious hamlet has stopped early but there is a bunch of buildings that could be built.

TheAlphaTurkey

Re: Frequency of cultures

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:22 pm

In regard to the buildings being built, I would check that there is land to be built on and that none of the land cannot be built on. Check the "village map" for this (should be one of the signs).

A suggestion on the spawning of the villages could be the biomes that the villages can spawn in. The biomes that you've been around may not be able to spawn villages and you may have simply been around biomes that Normans can spawn in.

Also, there are A LOT more Norman villages than other cultures. I guess a Norman village would therefore have a higher chance of spawning, as there is more chance that the village would be Norman against, say, Byzantine.

Could also be luck though.. I myself have NEVER seen a bandit camp or seen a bandit raid even though playing the game for several months..

TheAlphaTurkey;

Felagund

Post by Felagund » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm

I think you may be right for the first point. When you've complete all the buildings extra+core and there is no more space, the villagers consider that everything is built.

For the other point, there must be something else than biome or luck. Because when I play on a flat map, every culture may spawn. And the weight of almost each village is 10 so I should have almost every kind of cultures. I have lot of Normands, some Hindis, few mayas, rare japanese and no Byzantine.
But I've 2 or 3 bandits tower not far from my actual village and they are raiding very often.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Felagund wrote:For the other point, there must be something else than biome or luck. Because when I play on a flat map, every culture may spawn. And the weight of almost each village is 10 so I should have almost every kind of cultures. I have lot of Normands, some Hindis, few mayas, rare japanese and no Byzantine.
But I've 2 or 3 bandits tower not far from my actual village and they are raiding very often.
Millenaire is not recommended to be played on flat maps.

The reason why you see so few Japanese and Byzantine are because there are so few of those villages while there are more of the other cultures.