Please read this if you're using Millenaire with MCPC+

Discuss Millénaire in English
Skuli

Please read this if you're using Millenaire with MCPC+

Post by Skuli » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:29 pm

I've been diagnosing an issue with MCPC+ and have determined that Millenaire is causing a fairly significant long-term performance problem for me.

In unused worlds, occasionally entity counts go berzerk; I've had instances where I've logged in to my private server and seen entity counts of 20k mobs in Nether, when nobody's been in the nether for days.

aPerf shows that both entity counts and tileentity counts will continue to rise unchecked until the server restarts, a player logs in/out, or an existing player enters that world.

It also shows loaded chunks varying hugely with Millenaire installed, so I suspect that Millenaire may be tinkering with chunk loading in a way that's confusing mcpc+.

felinoel

Re: Please read this if you're using Millenaire with MCPC+

Post by felinoel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Skuli wrote:I've been diagnosing an issue with MCPC+
What is that?
I've logged in to my private server and seen entity counts of 20k mobs in Nether
Due to previous issues, Millenaire has been specially coded to ONLY spawn in the Overworld, no Nether, no Twilight Forest, just the Overworld.

Unless whatever MCPC is changes key coding that identifies the Nether dimension, idk if Millenaire can be the issue...

Skuli

Post by Skuli » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm

MCPC+ is the bukkit/forge compatible server.

The problem only happens when using Millenaire and MCPC+ together; it doesn't affect normal Forge.

I'm not saying it's a problem with Millenaire, I'm really just trying to figure out why it's working differently, and if Kinniken (or anyone else) can offer any insight as to anything strange Millenaire might be doing it'd be very helpful.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 am

Skuli wrote:MCPC+ is the bukkit/forge compatible server.

The problem only happens when using Millenaire and MCPC+ together; it doesn't affect normal Forge.

I'm not saying it's a problem with Millenaire, I'm really just trying to figure out why it's working differently, and if Kinniken (or anyone else) can offer any insight as to anything strange Millenaire might be doing it'd be very helpful.
Millenaire doesn't change much if anything of Vanilla Minecraft so idk what could be the issue, sorry.

Skuli

Post by Skuli » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:22 pm

felinoel wrote:

Millenaire doesn't change much if anything of Vanilla Minecraft so idk what could be the issue, sorry.
MCPC+ dev found the problem on their end anyway. mcpc+ should work fine with Millenaire now!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 am

Skuli wrote:
felinoel wrote:

MCPC+ dev found the problem on their end anyway. mcpc+ should work fine with Millenaire now!
Ah so MCPC changed something that affected Millenaire? That makes more sense.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi Mate,

Ours is been running for months with 1 - 3 users average and 4 villages (1 NPC controlled). So far so good!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 am

LordDamien wrote:Hi Mate,

Ours is been running for months with 1 - 3 users average and 4 villages (1 NPC controlled). So far so good!
Good to hear, I personally recommend changing the settings in servers of not much power so that nothing ever spawns and require manual spawning.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:55 pm

We do indeed have manual spawning for villages, but lone buildings are naturally spawned, as I didn't knew any other way..

Also I have in place world limits to ensure players don't go wondering too far.

Can you tell us:

What server do you use: CPU, RAM, OS
Server loader? I personally prefer MSM
Number of players simoultanously active:
How many villages?

Plugins? Mods?

Cheers,

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 am

LordDamien wrote:We do indeed have manual spawning for villages, but lone buildings are naturally spawned, as I didn't knew any other way..

Also I have in place world limits to ensure players don't go wondering too far.

Can you tell us:

What server do you use: CPU, RAM, OS
Server loader? I personally prefer MSM
Number of players simoultanously active:
How many villages?

Plugins? Mods?

Cheers,
I currently use FTBWiki.com's private server and so don't have access to those specs.
We at the FTBWiki.com are looking to make our own modpack to use but are being held up with waiting for the Millenaire dev to approve use of Millenaire...

But my last world had like fifteen or so players and a TON of villages x.x
Pressing V was a mess! lol

Ended up having to go around to each of the no longer used villages and removing them one at a time just to make it more manageable.