A trick you can use if villages don't have materials

Discuss Millénaire in English
Promarksman117

A trick you can use if villages don't have materials

Post by Promarksman117 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm

As many villages either don't produce a material that is needed for a construction or often times will need materials that will take much longer to be produced (such as bricks in a byzantine village or hindu statues in a religious village). You can break a locked chest in the main building of a village and place a locked chest. Temporarily the chest will be unlocked and you can place the needed materials in chest. After a short period of time the chest will become locked and the village will now be supplied.

Sometimes when you do this the game can experience minor "skipping" in frame rates but this is easily fixed by restarting minecraft.

EDIT: does not seem to work with norman villages but does work with byzantine villages

EDIT: It does work with norman villages but you have to destroy the chest. Place a normal chest where the left part is and place a locked chest on the right side. Place the desired items in the right chest. Destroy the left chest and place a locked chest on the left side.

felinoel

Re: A trick you can use if villages don't have materials

Post by felinoel » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:15 am

You... should not be able to do that...

There should be no possible way for you to hold a locked chest in survival mode... creative mode too possibly but definitely not survival mode.

This must be a bug then and will get fixed in later versions.

LoneStar

Post by LoneStar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:36 am

Another way, is to go into minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures and edit the traded_goods.txt in the individual cultures sub folders. I edited the traded_goods.txt in the norman folder to be able to trade plain and cross timber frames, as those are needed early in some upgrades and have not been made yet.

Ex.
Change:
timberframe_cross,20,0,0,512,0,false,0,0,tradehelp.normantimberframes

To:
timberframe_cross,20,10,0,512,0,false,0,0,tradehelp.normantimberframes

All you need to do, is change the second number (in red above) to a number greater than 0. This is the buying price of that item.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:43 am

LoneStar wrote:Another way, is to go into minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures and edit the traded_goods.txt in the individual cultures sub folders. I edited the traded_goods.txt in the norman folder to be able to trade plain and cross timber frames, as those are needed early in some upgrades and have not been made yet.

Ex.
Change:
timberframe_cross,20,0,0,512,0,false,0,0,tradehelp.normantimberframes

To:
timberframe_cross,20,10,0,512,0,false,0,0,tradehelp.normantimberframes

All you need to do, is change the second number (in red above) to a number greater than 0. This is the buying price of that item.
lol THAT is not a bug and is more of a hack =b

LoneStar

Post by LoneStar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, the title of this thread was directed as a trick rather than a bug, so I threw my trick out there :D

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:30 am

LoneStar wrote:Well, the title of this thread was directed as a trick rather than a bug, so I threw my trick out there :D
No worries, I was just clarifying. :P

SirKline

Post by SirKline » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 pm

felinoel wrote:You... should not be able to do that...

There should be no possible way for you to hold a locked chest in survival mode... creative mode too possibly but definitely not survival mode.

This must be a bug then and will get fixed in later versions.
Vanilla Minecraft no, you wouldn't be able to without going into creative mode, however if you have NEI (Not Enough Items, mod) you can with it in cheat mode as you can nab virtually all items, not sure how one would handle the scrolls though as you can only nab a base scroll, not sure if you have to be a the village you want scroll for or what, but meh.