millenaire made my server unplayable

Discuss Millénaire in English
jojobinks1992

millenaire made my server unplayable

Post by jojobinks1992 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:58 am

so me and my buddies had a server going with millenaire everything has happy and fine until one day our villager count hit 30 now no one can log in and the GUI for the server shows a column of red streaking across the screen i googled and googled until i found out that it has to do with the npc pathing is there anyway to fix this from the dates of the posts this has been an issue for 2 years now

LordDamien

Re: millenaire made my server unplayable

Post by LordDamien » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 am

Ugh, that sounds ugly, definitely must check closer on our server.

My approach would be to comment the line for the village here:

<worldname>/millenaire/villages.txt

Before:
Old Anchor;-123/68/563;lowlandvill;norman;

After:
#Old Anchor;-123/68/563;lowlandvill;norman;

Not really sure if it would work, but at least it would allow you to access back the server.

Are you using just forge or mcpc?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 am

Are you this guy I responded to on the MCF?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/227 ... _st__39900

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 am

just forge and yes fel i am except the problem im having (according to random threads around the interwebz) says it has something to do with the pathing of the npcs

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 am

here is a link to a picture of the issue that its causing note the mass amounts of text and npcs on the game and also the graph on the server gui only one person can log in at a time (inside the village) if one of us in the village and one is 1000 blocks away everything is fine http://imgur.com/aV3DAPa

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:48 am

jojobinks1992 wrote:just forge and yes fel i am except the problem im having (according to random threads around the interwebz) says it has something to do with the pathing of the npcs
Pathing can't be changed, unless you get rid of Millenaire, extreme pathing slows down your computer and so does that issue that my solution solves.

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:34 pm

i find it hilarious that i can run battlefield 3 on ultra 60 fps but minecraft with a singular mod bogs me down to 5 i hate java sometimes

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:51 am

jojobinks1992 wrote:i find it hilarious that i can run battlefield 3 on ultra 60 fps but minecraft with a singular mod bogs me down to 5 i hate java sometimes
If you have the wrong kind of Java or even several instances of Java on your computer that can happen.

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 am

true true though i know thats not the case because when im away from the village i go back to my normal 200+ fps

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:16 pm

jojobinks1992 wrote:true true though i know thats not the case because when im away from the village i go back to my normal 200+ fps
Doesn't mean it isn't the case.

druha

Post by druha » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Minecraft in general uses a whole lot of CPU and GPU cycles. Adding Millenaire into the mix adds a whole ton of new processing going on for the villagers every tick. Part of this is due to Java and part of it just due to Minecraft being, shall we say, not the most efficient and optimal code.

By comparison, Battlefield 3 is actually really simple and light weight.

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:53 am

felinoel wrote:
jojobinks1992 wrote:true true though i know thats not the case because when im away from the village i go back to my normal 200+ fps
except its NOT the case because I am not incompetent and I constantly have the latest version and the correct version this even happens on single player were I am not running the server and is the ONE AND ONLY instance of java I know java is resource heavy trust me I do I am not here looking to demean you nor am I upset about this sure it sucks but that is only because of the code I am not some 12 year old kid who thinks everything should work because I am a spoiled brat and I get what I want I know a little (very little) bit of coding in java and c++ I know this shit is not easy in the slightest nor is it stable nor is it efficient all I came here for is confirmation that the devs were fully aware that this was a problem and to find (if it even existed which it doesn't) a fix or possible future update fix that's it

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 am

jojobinks1992 wrote:
felinoel wrote:
except its NOT the case because I am not incompetent and I constantly have the latest version and the correct version this even happens on single player were I am not running the server and is the ONE AND ONLY instance of java I know java is resource heavy trust me I do I am not here looking to demean you nor am I upset about this sure it sucks but that is only because of the code I am not some 12 year old kid who thinks everything should work because I am a spoiled brat and I get what I want I know a little (very little) bit of coding in java and c++ I know this shit is not easy in the slightest nor is it stable nor is it efficient all I came here for is confirmation that the devs were fully aware that this was a problem and to find (if it even existed which it doesn't) a fix or possible future update fix that's it
So you're telling me that you won't even check to see if an update to Java had some sort of issue that caused the older version to stay for one very commonly happening reason or another?
I never said that in order for that to happen you have to be an idiot, Windows is a buggy and inefficient operating system (but sadly PhotoShop doesn't work too well on Linux) and it can make those mistakes on its own without your interference.
All I was asking was to check and you refused, I am not sure how to respond to that since I am trying to help and since that is step one for finding the issue. The issue has to be found before the solution can be made, since yours is a unique issue that does not happen to anyone (anyone who isn't running computers from the eighties are has tons of malware which I assumed you're neither) I was forced to troubleshoot and start from the beginning, but since I cannot I do not know where I can go from here since in order to solve an issue you must start from the beginning.

Also technically there really is only one dev, as is the same for most mods.

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 am

So you're telling me that you won't even check to see if an update to Java had some sort of issue that caused the older version to stay for one very commonly happening reason or another?
I never said that in order for that to happen you have to be an idiot, Windows is a buggy and inefficient operating system (but sadly PhotoShop doesn't work too well on Linux) and it can make those mistakes on its own without your interference.
All I was asking was to check and you refused, I am not sure how to respond to that since I am trying to help and since that is step one for finding the issue. The issue has to be found before the solution can be made, since yours is a unique issue that does not happen to anyone (anyone who isn't running computers from the eighties are has tons of malware which I assumed you're neither) I was forced to troubleshoot and start from the beginning, but since I cannot I do not know where I can go from here since in order to solve an issue you must start from the beginning.

right right I jumped the gun it has been an infuriating week and the way I read the last response was condescending I failed to mention in my self proclaimed rage is that i DID check to see if i was up to date and that my computer didnt have two instances of java installed which it doesn't I try to stay up to date on everything. I fear that there can/will be no fix for this either I am the ONLY person EVER to bring this to your attention or there simply is no fix for it like stated in the beginning I have came across multiple threads about this very same problem and not a single one has been resolved so that leads me to believe that it is just part of java's limitless flaws or it is a huge conspiracy so that I may never fully complete a village and have it bug the hell out of me for the rest of forever

jojobinks1992

Post by jojobinks1992 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 am

jojobinks1992 wrote:

right right I jumped the gun it has been an infuriating week and the way I read the last response was condescending. What I failed to mention in my self proclaimed rage is that i DID check to see if i was up to date and that my computer didn't have two instances of java installed which it doesn't I try to stay up to date on everything. I fear that there can/will be no fix for this either I am the ONLY person EVER to bring this to your attention or there simply is no fix for it like stated in the beginning I have came across multiple threads about this very same problem and not a single one has been resolved so that leads me to believe that it is just part of java's limitless flaws or it is a huge conspiracy so that I may never fully complete a village and have it bug the hell out of me for the rest of forever