LoM: Religions??

Discuss Millénaire in English

Should the server include religion?

- Yes, using Gods plugin and based in fantasy religions (i.e. Game of Thrones)
20%
- Yes, using Gods plugin and based in real religions like christians and pastafarians
20%
- Yes, but only as millenaire intended with fantasy religions (i.e. LoTR or GoT)
10%
- Yes, but only as millenaire intended with real religions (like festivus or buddism)
50%
- No, enough stuff going on already!
No votes

Total votes: 10

LordDamien

LoM: Religions??

Post by LordDamien » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi folks,

I've recently found out about this stupendous bukkit plugin:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/gods/

It basically allows you to pray to gods and recieve nice things or curse players.
This would enhance a bit more the world and make religious buildings have a special meaning.

Moreover this sets me to a paralel question: Should we base the religions / buildings in the ones from A song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) or should we just stick with the actual religions.
The main reason is, I don't want to impose or destroy anybody's faith and besides having 7 gods with multiple traits can be useful.
In fact, you would be not only sticking to GoT religions but also to any fantasy religion you like, i.e. Thor, God of thunder, The Old Ones (Chtullu), etc..

If I'm your lord/king, I might not like you to start your own religion. How are we going to manage holidays in this kingdom then? However, you can kill me and impose your faith, and have multiple holidays as well.

Bottomline: Churches or Septas?

felinoel

Re: LoM: Religions??

Post by felinoel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Too bad that is a bukkit mod...

I tried to get the dev to implement holidays and a calendar based on the eight day moon cycle for the month, but he didn't like it... awww :'c

StalkerExecutor

Post by StalkerExecutor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm

It is a bukkit plugin...

Also, Millenaire intended and real religions is my vote.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

This might blow your mind, but... you can have bukkit and forge altogether:

http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/

Yep, Millenaire works just fine with it ;)
Post by StalkerExecutor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm
It is a bukkit plugin...

Also, Millenaire intended and real religions is my vote.
On the real religions, can you give your point of view? Thanks mate!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm

LordDamien wrote:This might blow your mind, but... you can have bukkit and forge altogether
Must be new.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:48 am

Well, the server is up and running so feel free to check it out by your self.

PM me if you want in.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm

At that point unless we allow religions that may have went out of style by 1000 ad the forcing of real religions might end badly.

StalkerExecutor

Post by StalkerExecutor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm

My point of view is that I like Realism better, Lord Damien. Although I would be fine with fantasy religions, I would prefer religions based off of real life.

Also, Antoher thing to add is that I would like beliefs from only the medieval times. That means: no paganism, Zorostranism, and other future religions, such as the Bahai' Faith. Acceptable beliefs are:

-Catholicism
-Protestantism
-Eastern Orthodoxy
-Shintoism
-Islam
-Confucianism
-Taoism
-Buddhism

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm gonna throw my vote in for either fantasy religions or no religions..

Real religions? I can't see how that could go wrong at all! :?

myfishes

Post by myfishes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:02 pm

StalkerExecutor wrote:My point of view is that I like Realism better, Lord Damien. Although I would be fine with fantasy religions, I would prefer religions based off of real life.

Also, Antoher thing to add is that I would like beliefs from only the medieval times. That means: no paganism, Zorostranism, and other future religions, such as the Bahai' Faith. Acceptable beliefs are:

-Catholicism
-Protestantism
-Eastern Orthodoxy
-Shintoism
-Islam
-Confucianism
-Taoism
-Buddhism
Protestants weren't in the 11th century (where millenaire is based) although Waldensians were. Also Oriental Orthodoxy (Miaphysitism) should be added because at the time well because over half of Egypt was Miaphysite at the time as were many Indians and even more Levantine Arabs. And of course there's Nestorianism, which branched from the west of Persia to the east of China, and maybe even Japan. Of course those could be merged with Orthodoxy, but personally if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right, but definitely no protestants at the time.

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 am

I sort of like the way that Gods plugin looks. I'm not sure whether I would prefer fantasy or realistic religions, though I picked fantasy as I feel it is more entertaining in a game setting. I play games for escapism. :D

StalkerExecutor

Post by StalkerExecutor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:33 am

myfishes wrote:
StalkerExecutor wrote:My point of view is that I like Realism better, Lord Damien. Although I would be fine with fantasy religions, I would prefer religions based off of real life.

-Catholicism
-Protestantism
-Eastern Orthodoxy
-Shintoism
-Islam
-Confucianism
-Taoism
-Buddhism
Protestants weren't in the 11th century (where millenaire is based) although Waldensians were. Also Oriental Orthodoxy (Miaphysitism) should be added because at the time well because over half of Egypt was Miaphysite at the time as were many Indians and even more Levantine Arabs. And of course there's Nestorianism, which branched from the west of Persia to the east of China, and maybe even Japan. Of course those could be merged with Orthodoxy, but personally if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right, but definitely no protestants at the time.
Yeah.. I kinda forgot that Protestantism came from a religious reform in Europe...

Unfortunately, the server owner shut down the server, so the only "useful" thing that I could be talking about here is Religion...