Millenaire Server

Discuss Millénaire in English
diamondminer1308

Millenaire Server

Post by diamondminer1308 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:36 pm

So, this thread i would like to make so everyone who knows of a millenaire public server to say so, and for everyone who is looking for such a server to find one (I currently have no millenaire servers so I would be one looking for these).
Thanks.

felinoel

Re: Millenaire Server

Post by felinoel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 am

Well my own personal server runs Millenaire but also the Feed the Beast Ultimate mod pack, but it is only open to good editors of the Feed the Beast wiki at ftbwiki.org...

travishead

Post by travishead » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Did you ever get any help on this? I would like to check out a Millenaire server as well but the only one I found was posted above.

Teethdude

Post by Teethdude » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:46 am

It would be awesome if someone had a purely Millénaire server with no other mods. either VanillaForge or MCPC

Eleyond

Post by Eleyond » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 am

I'll most likely run a Millenaire server. Either pure, or with Natura, Highlands, and Tinker's Construct. I use MCPC+

rekless

Post by rekless » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:14 am

I would be willing to join a millionaire server as well, solo play is great and all but this mod has so much potential. Wish there was a way we could customize the AI in order to make them more controllable in game.

Eleyond

Post by Eleyond » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Ok, so here's the deal. I want to make a Millenaire server, but I'll probably need someone to handle permissions for me because I haven't managed a server in ages. Also, does anyone know if there's a set amount of villages or if the amount is random? If it's a set amount, I could have a staff member watch over each village so that way griefs can be quickly detected and rolled back. Also, because there is no MCPC+ for 1.6.2 yet, I will be using the 1.5.2 version so I can install anti griefing plugins.

One other thing, I seem to lag a little bit with this mod even with settings turned down. I will be getting Optifine, I just need to figure out how to set it up.

Rasseru

Post by Rasseru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:45 am

Eleyond wrote:Ok, so here's the deal. I want to make a Millenaire server, but I'll probably need someone to handle permissions for me because I haven't managed a server in ages. Also, does anyone know if there's a set amount of villages or if the amount is random? If it's a set amount, I could have a staff member watch over each village so that way griefs can be quickly detected and rolled back. Also, because there is no MCPC+ for 1.6.2 yet, I will be using the 1.5.2 version so I can install anti griefing plugins.

One other thing, I seem to lag a little bit with this mod even with settings turned down. I will be getting Optifine, I just need to figure out how to set it up.
Staff member to watch each village? Sound like too many staff.

Griefing could be solve by a sign up with a few questions about Millénaire. People who played the Mod could answer them easy. I never knew many griefers learning the story or background to a mod. They may never care how it is made and by whom. They only search for the weapons that cause the most damage. Should install anti griefing plugins anyway. I would have the server set to big Biomes and limit server's world spanwing. Expand the world when you get new players. I would go by a 5 to 10 updates behind current. Sometimes we have a update with bug and the next one fix the bugs. Setting the amount of spawning villages can be done and the range... I never mess with it. I think, it talk about it was on the MC forums or the wiki. I would also look for a plugin that does local rollback than the whole server.

Lag is cause by the spawning of a building or NPCs. Hard to fix those.
Millénaire's Japanese Culture Co-creator & Forum's Admin

rekless

Post by rekless » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:31 pm

I always increase the spawn rate of villages, otherwise you get villages so far apart that they can't even interact. Not to mention increasing the spawning of bandit camps as they are so few and far between when set at the normal rates.

I also agree that it would be impossible to set a staff to watch the villages. If a village gets destroyed so be it, more will always spawn.

Eleyond

Post by Eleyond » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:29 pm

I didn't realize that more villages could spawn. I thought we were limited to one of each culture. No wonder I was able to find villages easily whenever I started a new world.

I do still have a concern though. If the server gets large, will there be enough village projects and quests to go around? I would hate to start a server then a few months down the road we have 50+ players and the newer players can't do any quests or improve anything because all villages have reached their max potential.

Another thing, will more villages spawn even when there's already an active village from each culture?

Lastly, should I disable redstone? Since the lore is set in ancient times, I don't think redstone contraptions would fit in, and they would make things too easy anyways (like automated sugarcane farms).

As for what types of mods and plugins I'm using, I'm trying to choose mods that I'm authorized to add into a modpack so that players won't have to install a bunch of mods themselves and also choose mods and plugins that fit in the lore, while still adding a lot of fun and strategy to the game.

Update

I'm thinking of adding Hydrate plugin to the server. What this does is make players eventually need to drink something in order to rehydrate themselves. However, I have no idea how this would work with the villagers. Also, those who have infinite water sources could just take water from an infinite water source to keep themselves hydrated. I'm currently trying to find a way to disable infinite water sources so players will actually have to store water.

Another fear I have is that players will take too much water, although it's a minor fear because Minecraft worlds actually have too much water for my taste so even frequent stops at an ocean to fill up water bottles will at the most, make it drop down by a slight bit (if at all).

Eleyond

Post by Eleyond » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 pm

I have decided to give up on the server. I forgot some of the things I knew when running a server, and I'm starting to get back into Dungeon Defenders so I would be unable to host. I guess I'll wait for DutyCraft to open to get my multiplayer Millenaire fix, and in the meantime, I'll occupy myself with some SP Millenaire, and a bit of Dungeon Defenders.

DutyCraftServer

Post by DutyCraftServer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Sorry if we're a little long to finalize the launch of the server.
But if you are able to manage a system of permission via Bpermission plugin you can help us. Contact us or tell your friends.

Currently we are working on the update 1.6.2 server.

rekless

Post by rekless » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

does that mean the dutycraftserver is up and running at the moment? whats the ip?

Eleyond

Post by Eleyond » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 am

DutyCraftServer wrote:Sorry if we're a little long to finalize the launch of the server.
But if you are able to manage a system of permission via Bpermission plugin you can help us. Contact us or tell your friends.

Currently we are working on the update 1.6.2 server.
Wouldn't a 1.6.2 server with Millenaire require there to be a 1.6.2 build of MCPC or MCPC+? At least for grief protection plugins anyway. Millenaire needs either Forge or Modloader I think, and the only way is either through Mojang's official server software (but then you can't use plugins) or through one of the MCPC builds (which is currently as 1.5.2)

I have read of a mod that adds bukkitlike functionality, but didn't take a closer look and I ended up forgetting how to find it later.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 am

Eleyond wrote:I'll most likely run a Millenaire server. Either pure, or with Natura, Highlands, and Tinker's Construct. I use MCPC+
Natura is pretty awesome but I hate those Nitro creepers.

DutyCraftServer

Post by DutyCraftServer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Eleyond wrote:
DutyCraftServer wrote: ...

I think we misunderstood ...

We are not beginners.
Our server is online 24 hours on 24. But version 1.5.2. MCPC + running with towny, worldedit, chestshop and other plugins.
We have a person trying to create a mod that will addon between Biome o'plenty, Railcraft and Balkon's weapon.
We hired a designer this weekend ...

If we need help system permissions on the server, it is only because of lack of competence in our current team.

We do not need advice, but help someone to finish.

rekless

Post by rekless » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:13 pm

I think your misunderstanding. He was simply asking how you were running an MCPC server on 1.6.2, which you stated in your prior comment.

But I am still wondering, is the Duty Craft Server up and running? or are you guys still in construction and testing phase

DutyCraftServer

Post by DutyCraftServer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Currently we test the views in 1.6.2 to update the server, that's all.
And aside from hunting bugs in mods solo part, we do not have much guarantee a stable server.

rekless

Post by rekless » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:13 am

why don't you create a white list so others can help you Q/A. The servers sounds fun so I'd be more than willing to Q/A

DutyCraftServer

Post by DutyCraftServer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Why would we do that? It has been already 2 mounts that we have given informations in several websites, and we have even given some "tracks" so people can connect to the test server…
The people that want to see our work with their own eyes can do this if they look for it. But that's only a question of will. And there is no need for a Q/A
There is no whitelist because we want everybody to be able to connect to our server, as long as they search how to do so.

rekless

Post by rekless » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:08 am

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant then. I thought you currently had the server private to your dev team so you guys could do Q/A. I will look for your "tracks" so I can join the server.

Thanks