custom made buildings not showing up in wand list

Discuss Millénaire in English
gwyllgi

custom made buildings not showing up in wand list

Post by gwyllgi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I've made a building to test making sub buildings but it's not showing up in the list of buildings i can add to a city with the wand. is there a page that details how to add custom buildings the to milleniare list?

druha

Re: custom made buildings not showing up in wand list

Post by druha » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:38 am

gwyllgi wrote:I've made a building to test making sub buildings but it's not showing up in the list of buildings i can add to a city with the wand. is there a page that details how to add custom buildings the to milleniare list?
If you want to add the building to to a player controlled city you will need to put it in the <culture>/buildings/core/ folder and then list it in the controlled village's definition text file.

If you want to add it in as a lone building then it needs to be in <culture>/buildings/lone/ and it needs a mini-village definition file in <culture>/lonebuildings/.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 am

Okay this may get long but...
I made a simple building out of stone and water based off of the TXT of the byzantine fort:

Code: Select all

max:0;priority:3000;native:Frourio;around:2;startLevel:-1;orientation:3;tag:patrol;length:41;width:43;signs:3,1,2,0,5,4,6,8,7;shop:townhall;male:centurio_byzantine;tag:leasure
priority:2000;rebuildpath:true
priority:20;rebuildpath:true
subbuilding:fortbyzantine_A_bed1;subbuilding:fortbyzantine_A_bed2;subbuilding:fortbyzantine_A_bed3;subbuilding:fortbyzantine_A_forge
priority:50

startLevel:-5

and changed it to this
max:100;priority:3000;native:Coliseum;around:2;startLevel:-1;orientation:3;tag:patrol;length:50;width:50;male:centurio_byzantine;tag:leasure
priority:1;rebuildpath:true
priority:20;rebuildpath:true
subbuilding:coliseumbyzantine_A_bed1;

startLevel:-5

using the bed sub building from this

type:subbuilding;priority:10000;native:Krebati;startLevel:-1;orientation:3;male:soldier_byzantine;length:41;width:43
and making it this

type:subbuilding;priority:10000;native:Coliseum Krebati;startLevel:-1;orientation:3;male:soldier_byzantine;length:50;width:50
other than that all i did was rename the fortbyzantine names of the files to coliseumbyzantine and the width and height numbers to match the .pngs

I also did this with the controlled village file notice near the end that coliseum is on the list

name:Archontia
weight:0
hillQualifier:stous lophous
lavaQualifier:to hephaisto
lakeQualifier:limne
playerControlled:true
carriesraid:true

pathmaterial:pathdirt
pathmaterial:pathgravel
pathmaterial:pathochretiles

//starting buildings:
centre:playerfortbyzantine
start:grovebyzantine
start:lumberbyzantine
start:architectbyzantine

//buildings:
core:architectbyzantine
core:lumberbyzantine
core:quarrybyzantine
core:farmbyzantine
core:tavernbyzantine
core:sheepbyzantine
core:fisherbyzantine
core:grovebyzantine
core:bakerybyzantine
core:watchtowerbyzantine
core:chapelbyzantine
core:forgebyzantine
core:playersmallhouse
core:villa urbana
core:basilkabyzantine
core:innbyzantine
core:guesthousebyzantine
core:barracksbyzantine
core:presbyterybyzantine
core:silkfarmbyzantine
core:vineyardbyzantine
core:workshopbyzantine
core:well
core:coliseum
coliseum doesn't appear on the list still. what's going on

druha

Post by druha » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:34 am

gwyllgi wrote: coliseum doesn't appear on the list still. what's going on
Perhaps the language file that contains the building names need to have this building in it for it to show on the list? I don't really know the answer to this one as it sounds like you've done everything correctly.

Earthworm

Post by Earthworm » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 pm

druha wrote:
gwyllgi wrote: coliseum doesn't appear on the list still. what's going on
Perhaps the language file that contains the building names need to have this building in it for it to show on the list? I don't really know the answer to this one as it sounds like you've done everything correctly.
I believe I encountered and solved an issue that may relate to this, and help you find the issue.

In my own game I created a Player Controlled Mayan village, but found that the cacao farm didn't show up in the list and I really wanted one, so I went investigating. I found that the Mayan_Controlled.txt had the cacao farm in the list of core buildings like so:

core:mayancacaofarm

So I knew it should show up in the list. Now I have used multiple mods for Millenaire, so not sure which screwed this up, but I found that the mayancacaofarm_B.txt that was being used from the buildings\core had the first line broken up with carriage returns when I opened it in Notepad. Most of the building.txt files do not have that. So I copied the txt file from the A variant building and modified the width and length to match the original B Variant and named it correctly, being careful to keep the original line breaks as they were.

When I saved this file and relaunched Minecraft, the cacoa farm showed up finally in the Wand List. I tested a bit, and found that if the building.txt file has incorrect carriage returns or bad formatting then the wand won't show the building even though the building can be used correctly by other parts of Millenaire. So it seems the wand is a bit pickier about the formatting. It may be a bug that needs to be fixed, but haven't put more effort into testing.