sub buildings

Discuss Millénaire in English
gwyllgi

sub buildings

Post by gwyllgi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:38 pm

where is the page for how to make sub buildings in the text file like the main buildings?

felinoel

Re: sub buildings

Post by felinoel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:02 pm

There is no page, I recommend checking out already made sub buildings and seeing from there how it is done.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:19 pm

thank you for all of the help.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:24 pm

gwyllgi wrote:thank you for all of the help.
lol that sounds sarcastic.

Anyways check out how the Guard Tower is coded.

http://millenai.cluster006.ovh.net/wiki ... r_de_garde

Sub buildings used to be a popular with fan content a couple years back, I wonder why it stopped being so popular...

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 pm

this seems very complex especially since i don't know how sub buildings work with the whole .png thing and being placed in the correct area of the larger building. Is there a easier way to make it so i can have different rooms in a larger building eeach host a different kind of villager?

druha

Post by druha » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 pm

gwyllgi wrote:this seems very complex especially since i don't know how sub buildings work with the whole .png thing and being placed in the correct area of the larger building. Is there a easier way to make it so i can have different rooms in a larger building eeach host a different kind of villager?
Sub-buildings were created to do just that. And unfortunately, they are complicated to do. I don't think you're going to find an easier way. You'll just have to slog through it.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:25 pm

what about placement of the sub building inside of the larger one? i looked at the byzanz fort and discovered that it somehow made beds a sub building. id like to repeat it if possible can annyone tell me how it was done?

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:23 pm

someone needs to do videos on all of this.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 pm

druha wrote:
gwyllgi wrote:this seems very complex especially since i don't know how sub buildings work with the whole .png thing and being placed in the correct area of the larger building. Is there a easier way to make it so i can have different rooms in a larger building eeach host a different kind of villager?
Sub-buildings were created to do just that. And unfortunately, they are complicated to do. I don't think you're going to find an easier way. You'll just have to slog through it.
Woah really? I wonder why it isn't done then...
That seems kinda cool, though kinda unnecessary since you can just give it the change and have it just be two separate files instead of three files, one the main building and two the sub buildings.
gwyllgi wrote:what about placement of the sub building inside of the larger one? i looked at the byzanz fort and discovered that it somehow made beds a sub building. id like to repeat it if possible can annyone tell me how it was done?
Cleared document the same size as the building showing exactly where the beds go.
gwyllgi wrote:someone needs to do videos on all of this.
Please don't double post.
The only person that knows and understands all of Millenaire is the dev, and he is busy with his actual job, his newborn, and coding bug fixes and new content.

SoNick

Post by SoNick » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:19 am

Unfortunately this is a "get your hands dirty and see if you can find how it works" thing; most of the custom content creators have drifted off to do other things for the time being. The wiki is the greatest source for documentation, but as you've seen it lacks this bit for now. If you would like to help future creators then I suggest documenting what you find.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 pm

who are the creators an do they have a easy way to be contacted?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

gwyllgi wrote:who are the creators an do they have a easy way to be contacted?
That depends on the creation, usually when you go to the Library here it will tell you who made it.