How do I make custom trades?

Discuss Millénaire in English
maclanegamer

How do I make custom trades?

Post by maclanegamer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 am

How do I add custom non-vanilla items to village merchants, from other mods?

SirKline

Re: How do I make custom trades?

Post by SirKline » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:59 pm

For starters Millenaire, unlike most mods, keeps it's configuration and such in the Mods folder (generated after you run the game for the first time with the mod), after first run there will be two folders, "millenaire" and "millenaire-custom".

The millenaire folder is where default stuff about cultures and their buildings, trade goods, and configurations are located. While you can technically simply mod the files here, they will get overrided on the next mod update. Instead changes made should be done in millenaire-custom (e.g. copy the file(s) and folder(s) relevant over then mod them). The millenaire-custom folder is of course still folder hierarchy sensitive, so if modding say traded_goods.txt from millenaire/cultures/indian/ you need to create culture/indian/ in millenaire-custom and then copy traded_goods.txt into it.

In this case trade goods are handled specifically within each culture. (cultures/<insert culture>/traded_goods.txt). Though with adding things from other mods you should also have them listed/established in the itemlist.txt file which is in the main are along side the config file and the cultures, goals, etc folders.