A bit of help? Building shenanigans.

Discuss Millénaire in English
carriontrooper

A bit of help? Building shenanigans.

Post by carriontrooper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:29 am

Right, so I have this minecraft world with Millenaire, right? I found this Norman hamlet cluster early on, without any Millenaire mods. Then some time after I decided to add the Norman buildings mod from the library (the ones with the replacement buildings), and eventually the vanilla abbey wants to be upgraded (to its 4th or 5th, says 7 more upgrades). So I supply the resources and...
the upgrade is for the replacement abbey.
So now it looks wonky as fuck. How do I fix this? The town info panels are also facing the wrong directions, so I fear just a simple manual fix won't do.
How do I rummage through the savefile and fix the building?

Teethdude

Re: A bit of help? Building shenanigans.

Post by Teethdude » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:27 am

Post a screenshot. i wanna see what it looks like. A manual fix might be all that you need.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 am

Well, it seems that manually fixing kinda works, as long as you don't touch the signs... so the abbey's been 'fixed' a bit. Gonna miss an upgrade though. On the other hand, a similar problem with a pig farm has been detected, I upgraded it right before the abbey. You can see the diff.

So, lesson learned, kids: don't use replace, but rename the files into their B or C or D or even to F variants. Saves trouble from upgrading stuff.

Also, finding other shenanigans, such as the 'fake' inn (really, it's just a sign and the inhabitants, no buildings), and somehow missing a lot of villages in diplomatic pages.

Any of you ever find your own 'shenanigans'?
Attachments
2013-08-27_15.30.27.png
pig farm
2013-08-27_15.30.27.png (142.95 KiB) Viewed 5512 times

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Right, sorry to double-post, but something very strange happened. My Norman fort hamlet and its miner hamlet suddenly had a number of buildings getting unrecognized by the map, and the shops don't work there either. The chests became unlocked as well... what is happening?!?
Fort town = from 18-ish buildings to 6
Miner town = from 10 to 7 or 8
The annoying thing is that these now-empty structures make it rather impossible to build new structures, and clearing them all is gonna take some time.
Attachments
2013-08-27_20.41.33.png
miner town. Again you can see the empty buildings.
2013-08-27_20.41.33.png (75.06 KiB) Viewed 5510 times
2013-08-27_20.40.39.png
fort town map. See the empty skeletons of buildings.
2013-08-27_20.40.39.png (74.81 KiB) Viewed 5510 times

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

carriontrooper wrote: The annoying thing is that these now-empty structures make it rather impossible to build new structures, and clearing them all is gonna take some time.
Add some other mods.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 am

felinoel wrote: Add some other mods.
As in Millenaire mods or minecraft mods? I've got a ton of minecraft mods on along with millenaire already, and the millenaire mods are still there; it's just that I added some of the miscellaneous lone buildings mod, but changed it a bit so it's no longer a separate culture (kinda bugs me, that). The replacement buildings I changed into their B or C or D or E variants (turns out there's at least five kinds of norman forges, along with the vanilla one). Oh well, time to manually bulldoze them out... but how do I remove locked/unlocked millenaire chests? Do I have to use a wand of negation on them?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 am

carriontrooper wrote:
felinoel wrote: Add some other mods.
As in Millenaire mods or minecraft mods? I've got a ton of minecraft mods on along with millenaire already, and the millenaire mods are still there; it's just that I added some of the miscellaneous lone buildings mod, but changed it a bit so it's no longer a separate culture (kinda bugs me, that). The replacement buildings I changed into their B or C or D or E variants (turns out there's at least five kinds of norman forges, along with the vanilla one). Oh well, time to manually bulldoze them out... but how do I remove locked/unlocked millenaire chests? Do I have to use a wand of negation on them?
Wand of negation unlocks the chests and stops the villagers from respawning.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 am

Just unlocks, though, not remove the chest altogether?
Another weird thing is, these 2 hamlets used to have about 20+ diplomatic options, now they only have 3 or so (the other hamlets from the same 'city').

How do I edit the buildings data in the saves so I can make them recognize the buildings again? knocking them down manually is starting to be a chore, and this is my most 'advanced' save, I don't want to start over.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 am

carriontrooper wrote:Just unlocks, though, not remove the chest altogether?
I think you can punch the chest from there.
Another weird thing is, these 2 hamlets used to have about 20+ diplomatic options, now they only have 3 or so (the other hamlets from the same 'city').

How do I edit the buildings data in the saves so I can make them recognize the buildings again? knocking them down manually is starting to be a chore, and this is my most 'advanced' save, I don't want to start over.
I don't think they can be recognized again.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Aw, shoot. As for the disappearing diplomatic stuff, what can cause it? In the meantime I have to clear up all them buildings... Ah well, thanks for the info.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 pm

carriontrooper wrote:As for the disappearing diplomatic stuff, what can cause it?
Currently unknown, if you find out what causes it though be sure to post it in the Bug Reports page so Kinn can fix it.

Passionone

Post by Passionone » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 am

I'm having the same problem. Started with my Norman village Le forte and now that my Japanese village was almost fully developed it happened again. My village map looks like the ones you posted and my diplomatic relations reverted back to the beginning with no relations shown. I really could use some help in fixing this problem. A lot of work in these villages.. No NPC to sell to player in Japanese town. She has disappeared. Both towns are trying to build over the already upgraded buildings.
Attachments
2013-09-01_14.36.28.png
2013-09-01_14.36.28.png (469.33 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
millenaire log error report.txt
(18.21 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 am

Huh, you're lucky they want to build over them. My norman mining town is not doing any building at all, but the villagers that were supposed to be in the 'erased' buildings are still there, not sleeping even when it's night. Now how the hell do I fix this, I even went as far as re-rolling on an earlier save (~1 or 2 weeks) but the mining town's still borked. The fort town, however, is fixed, the buildings are showing up and their villagers work. It is mindboggling.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 am

The yellow color on the map means they no longer recognize that building, maybe because of an update or maybe because of a change to the files.