Village Expansion

Discuss Millénaire in English
Post Reply
kemino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Village Expansion

Post by kemino » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 pm

First off, I don't know if any other thread like this has been created before, but if it has and has been answered could someone point me to it? Thanks.

I just want to know if villages can expand beyond what space the map shows? I heard from someone they can only have a maximum of 30 villagers, another that only a certain amount of buildings can be made, etc. etc. etc. so I'm just wondering if its possible to... hm... help shape your small village into a town? Maybe if you're super ambitious and loaded with resources, a small city?

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Village Expansion

Post by druha » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 pm

kemino wrote:First off, I don't know if any other thread like this has been created before, but if it has and has been answered could someone point me to it? Thanks.

I just want to know if villages can expand beyond what space the map shows? I heard from someone they can only have a maximum of 30 villagers, another that only a certain amount of buildings can be made, etc. etc. etc. so I'm just wondering if its possible to... hm... help shape your small village into a town? Maybe if you're super ambitious and loaded with resources, a small city?
You can increase the village radius in the config file, this would allow it to goo off that little map. However, vilages that get over a radius of about 70 tend to start to get laggy. Your machine might be able to handle it though. Won't know till you try.

Other than that there is a limit on the number of children (default is 10, change in config) and each building has a max number of times it can be built (typically it's 1 or 2, set on a per building basis). These values can also be changed if you edit the building file for each building.

kemino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: Village Expansion

Post by kemino » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 am

druha wrote:Other than that there is a limit on the number of children (default is 10, change in config) and each building has a max number of times it can be built (typically it's 1 or 2, set on a per building basis). These values can also be changed if you edit the building file for each building.
Okay, thanks. I'll see if my little gaming laptop can handle that. And by config do you mean the in-game config file by pressing m and going into settings or the .txt?

Thanks again, maybe I'll play around on creative superflat and see what I can expand it to before it starts to lag. Maybe sometime along the road there will be an update that lets them grow into cities, or a separate add-on mod that allows that.

User avatar
druha
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Village Expansion

Post by druha » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 am

kemino wrote: Okay, thanks. I'll see if my little gaming laptop can handle that. And by config do you mean the in-game config file by pressing m and going into settings or the .txt?
Either way works. The in-game settings are really just a GUI of what in the config.txt file.

User avatar
imnotanexpert
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Re: Village Expansion

Post by imnotanexpert » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

kemino wrote:I heard from someone they can only have a maximum of 30 villagers
Is this true? Because my space apartments can hold around 64 villagers, excluding children, so 76 npcs for a non player village (2 of them are obviously boss and wife). I can easily drop it to 52 total ncps. it will be difficult to lower it too much more than this though. I hope it's not limited to 30.

rekless
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:37 am

Re: Village Expansion

Post by rekless » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I believe the number of villagers is customizable within the config files for millenaire. As previously mentioned.

Someone released a map inside the Library that looked like a giant city version of a millenaire village. Try downloading it and see what they did.

Post Reply