Quest building generation on pre-generated worlds

Discuss Millénaire in English
Doogle

Quest building generation on pre-generated worlds

Post by Doogle » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi, I've just started up a new server for my friends and myself to play on using the Millénaire mod along with a fair few others.
Due to the amount of world generation that the various mods perform, I have pre-generated the world so that I won't get so much lag when people just walk about.

My questions are, will I be able to start the various quests in Millénaire that spawn new buildings, such as the Sadhu quest if there are no new chunks to load inside my world border?
Is it possible to manually spawn the required buildings etc. for the quests at some location in my world for my players to find?

I'm also using Biomes O' Plenty, so the specific biomes are probably even rarer for the places to spawn in the first place!

felinoel

Re: Quest building generation on pre-generated worlds

Post by felinoel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Millenaire buildings will spawn on pregenerated lands

Doogle

Post by Doogle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Cool thanks :D

I was just curious as I'd read that when you start the Sadhu quest, you had to travel to new chunks before his tree would spawn etc.

MauveCloud

Post by MauveCloud » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

The Sadhu tree and Alchemist tower can generate before the associated quests, though having the quests started makes them much more likely to spawn. There are a few buildings that (at least by default) only spawn in new chunks after starting certain quest stages - mainly for the Mayan creation quest. There's also a building for one of the later stages of the Sadhu quest, though there's a copy of the building that can spawn without the quest, and iirc the quest stage can be completed by giving him certain items even without visiting the building.

As far as biomes o' plenty, the newer 1.12.2 versions of Millenaire include BOP biomes as valid. The older versions had ExtraBiomesXL support, and I think a few of the biome names overlap with those used by BOP.