Can't trade because villages chests are full

Discuss Millénaire in English
trollkind

Can't trade because villages chests are full

Post by trollkind » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:56 pm

I only found an old thread from 2014 with this topic, found nothing about it in the Faq/Wiki and it's not exactly a bug so I hope it's ok to make a new thread about this.

I have a Hindu Village that I built my base next to, so it's active constantly while I'm mining below, tending my gardens etc. now Their main building's chests are all full, especially thanks to non stacking veggie curry and I have to buy a curry to free a slot and hope nobody was just waiting to drop off a fresh one.
I hope there will be a more elegant solution for this.
Would be great if they used Storage Drawer's drawer to limit the stacks of their most common items. Coding special chests for explicit items would be messy but maybe there could at least be dedicated chests for food, building materials, trade goods etc. Then you might still get into trouble when overzealous brick makers take the last space that the lumberjack would have needed to deliver his goods.

Is there anything already in place to handle this? This should be a pretty common problem, so I wonder why there aren't any more mentions of this. Would it help to seek out other civs so they can slowly trade away some of their stock or would the imports just make matters worse?

felinoel

Re: Can't trade because villages chests are full

Post by felinoel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:20 pm

The only non-cheaty thing you can do is buy out their stock of things.

trollkind

Post by trollkind » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 am

Yeah, I'm currently buying a curry whenever I want to sell them something but it's not a great solution and I'm getting sick of all the curry already. :D
Thankfully the main building just upgraded and got a lot more chest space but I feel like that only delays the problem and I play slow/long games.
Can't villagers check how many of something is in the village inventory and just chill with producing when there is already way too much of something? Also, does the village consume curries themself?

Saggaris

Post by Saggaris » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:23 am

I don't know how many Villages you have running, but have you though of buying the surplus and selling it to other villages?

On another line have you considered a mod called 'Stackie' (or any other of a similar ilk) and seeing if anything could be added to the Stack list in the config, I know it can do doors, beds, and all sorts of other stuff.

on the other hand it really would be good if a fix for this could be found in Millenaire itself.