Dynamic Trees mod compatibility

Discuss Millénaire in English
bl0ke

Dynamic Trees mod compatibility

Post by bl0ke » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:52 am

Would it be possible to explore compatibility with Dynamic Trees? The tree models do not use the full-size wooden trunk block until they are well grown, leading to saplings and small trees being ignored. Also because the trees spread naturally, you end up with forests encroaching on village space and the villagers doing nothing about it.

It leads to some strange effects like floating tree blocks and trunks in the middle of buildings.

MoonCutter2B

Re: Dynamic Trees mod compatibility

Post by MoonCutter2B » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:19 pm

I have dynamic trees installed but not as a default. I think someone said it should be ok to have it as default as long as you manually keep the forests from growing to big.
The groves uses saplings so that should work as long as they are not turned off.

bl0ke

Re: Dynamic Trees mod compatibility

Post by bl0ke » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:34 am

Agreed, I am not too bothered about the groves personally, more the fact that villagers don't remove the full tree when clearing a new space (I guess there's a dedicated 'remove tree' routine in DT) and they don't clear any encroaching trees from village areas.

Edit: I do like this mod though, it changes the forests completely - makes them much more dangerous.