Whats next?

Discuss Millénaire in English
julianderl

Whats next?

Post by julianderl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Hello,
I would love to know on what the team is/will work on right now or in the future. I heard there will be a Inuit culture but will there also be ne content or will some mechanics or behaviors of the villagers/villages be developed?

Thank you so much for updating the mod in general

DriLL mAn

Re: Whats next?

Post by DriLL mAn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 am

Very cool! I've also heard about Chinese, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic and Teutonic ones ppl are working on.

Some other cultures that could work are Arab, Celtic, Mongol, Anasazi, Rus and Swahili!

When you're creating a new map, what if there was a setting you could choose between "normal" and "feudal?" For feudal you choose (or let it pick) 1 culture for the whole map. But the diff villages and their lords are constantly fighting each other, forming and breaking alliances, etc. There could also be a 3rd setting called "war" where it picks 2 cultures and they fight over the whole map. You choose which one to join and which one to fight!

One more idea would be adding tech levels for the diff cultures. Along with building and growing, towns would advance and unlock new technologies, buildings, unit types, etc the way you do in games like Civilization and Empire Earth.

I LOVE THIS MOD!!! Huge thanx to everybody who helped make it and who is making new stuff for it!

warmelbows

Post by warmelbows » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:22 am

DriLL mAn wrote:Very cool! I've also heard about Chinese, Anglo-Saxon, Nordic and Teutonic ones ppl are working on.

Some other cultures that could work are Arab, Celtic, Mongol, Anasazi, Rus and Swahili!

When you're creating a new map, what if there was a setting you could choose between "normal" and "feudal?" For feudal you choose (or let it pick) 1 culture for the whole map. But the diff villages and their lords are constantly fighting each other, forming and breaking alliances, etc. There could also be a 3rd setting called "war" where it picks 2 cultures and they fight over the whole map. You choose which one to join and which one to fight!

One more idea would be adding tech levels for the diff cultures. Along with building and growing, towns would advance and unlock new technologies, buildings, unit types, etc the way you do in games like Civilization and Empire Earth.

I LOVE THIS MOD!!! Huge thanx to everybody who helped make it and who is making new stuff for it!
Really like the idea of settings that limit culture generation, have wanted the same in the past.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 am

I HOPE TO FIX AND ADD MORE BEHAVIOUR TAG
MAYBE AN OPTION TO ADJUST HEIGHT AND WEIGHT OF THE VILLAGERS

DriLL mAn

Post by DriLL mAn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:55 am

Really like the idea of settings that limit culture generation, have wanted the same in the past.
Right now there's a way to do it, but you have to mess with stuff a bit. For mine I wanted to make a world that resembled the show Bleach, so I dragged all of the culture folders except Japan from their original place into a new desktop folder. You have to do this before creating a new map. Then I made a no-damage Lost City and it worked!

I also have my original game in a plains environment, which includes all 5 countries. Before playing that one you drag the other 4 back into their original folder from %appdata. If you forget to put them back the French towns will still load but they will be abandoned with everyone "missing." Once you've put all the culture folders back, launch the game then turn doDaylightCycle on and it's back to normal.

MauveCloud

Post by MauveCloud » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:57 am

DriLL mAn wrote:Right now there's a way to do it, but you have to mess with stuff a bit. For mine I wanted to make a world that resembled the show Bleach, so I dragged all of the culture folders except Japan from their original place into a new desktop folder. You have to do this before creating a new map. Then I made a no-damage Lost City and it worked!

I also have my original game in a plains environment, which includes all 5 countries. Before playing that one you drag the other 4 back into their original folder from %appdata. If you forget to put them back the French towns will still load but they will be abandoned with everyone "missing." Once you've put all the culture folders back, launch the game then turn doDaylightCycle on and it's back to normal.
If you do things as you describe, updating the mod will wipe out your changes (since it deletes and replaces most if not all of the contents of the "mods/millenaire" folder in that case). Here is a more robust way of limiting which cultures can spawn: copy the files from cultures/(culture name)/villages and cultures/(culture name)/lonebuildings to matching subfolders under mods/millenaire-custom (you may have to create said subfolders). Then set the weight in the copies to 0 for cultures you don't want spawning.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

oblisgr wrote:I HOPE TO FIX AND ADD MORE BEHAVIOUR TAG
You can manually adjust the heights of villages in their villager text files

Saggaris

Post by Saggaris » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm

felinoel wrote:
oblisgr wrote:I HOPE TO FIX AND ADD MORE BEHAVIOUR TAG
You can manually adjust the heights of villages in their villager text files
I'd love to be able to do this but most of the people don't seem have a hight specified, and to be honest I'd love to make the kids a bit bigger... .6 or.7 base hight instead of the minuscule lifeforms scuttling about like Squirrel tales...
any advice would be welcome as though I've looked through the Cultures/hindi(whoever)/Villagers... I simply don't know where to place a line (presumably baseHeight=1.1) for it to take effect.
I have tried to make the Pandit base hight of 1.8 to test it but he just stayed the same.

Any ideas?