selling crops

Discuss Millénaire in English
DriLL mAn

selling crops

Post by DriLL mAn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 am

I have a huge lettuce farm and there is a French town nearby. Is there a way you can change settings to add lettuce to products they buy? (lettuce isn't in the original game but it's in a mod called Pam's HarvestCraft)

CookieMastery

Re: selling crops

Post by CookieMastery » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm

maybe you can try to edit the millenaire folder

Saggaris

Post by Saggaris » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 pm

I too would like to see (or do) this, as bringing exotic fruits to cultures would seem like a worthy trade, just think... Pineapples, Oranges and Bananas to Normans .
anyone like to provide me with an example of (what I need to do in what folder/file etc) I would only too willingly put time into extending the list for uploading for 'PAMS' users

DriLL mAn

Post by DriLL mAn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 am

YES! That would be awesome! Also there are all kinds of crops in it the Mayans could grow (corn, beans, chili peppers) and a few Japan could use like seaweed

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Every shop has a buysell text file, you can manually add whatever you want to it.

StrangeParadise

Post by StrangeParadise » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:24 am

felinoel wrote:Every shop has a buysell text file, you can manually add whatever you want to it.
Would you mind posting an example or a tutorial on how to do that? I have been tinkering with the mod for days and I just can't seem to figure out how to add simple base game items to shops, much less items from other mods.

Vonestel

Post by Vonestel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:18 am

I finally managed to add Pumpkins to the buy list for the Hindi culture. You have to edit BOTH the traded_goods.txt file AND the Townhall.txt file for the culture.

My problem now is that I want to add more exotic stuff but I note that these files don't use the standard names e.g. Vegetable Curry is "vegcurry" in these files. So I have no idea what the correct name for Apple juice from Harvestcraft is say nothing of something more exotic like cactus fruit juice

I'm also not sure if there is a "hindigenericfood" list that needs to be edited so that the locals will actually EAT the food as they apparently do with say, eggs.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Vonestel wrote:I finally managed to add Pumpkins to the buy list for the Hindi culture. You have to edit BOTH the traded_goods.txt file AND the Townhall.txt file for the culture.

My problem now is that I want to add more exotic stuff but I note that these files don't use the standard names e.g. Vegetable Curry is "vegcurry" in these files. So I have no idea what the correct name for Apple juice from Harvestcraft is say nothing of something more exotic like cactus fruit juice

I'm also not sure if there is a "hindigenericfood" list that needs to be edited so that the locals will actually EAT the food as they apparently do with say, eggs.
Yes finding the names of modded things can be hard.

hindigenericfood doesn't need to be updated