Megathread: Let's Talk About the Japanese!

Discuss Millénaire in English
Zoythrus

Megathread: Let's Talk About the Japanese!

Post by Zoythrus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Hello, everyone! Zoythrus here, and we're going to talk about the inventors of Kaiju films - the Japanese!

Today's thread is going to be about the Japanese, and only about the Japanese. Here is where you want to talk about anything you want Japanese related in the interest of helping us better the culture. Talk about what you like and dislike, what you find fun and what you find boring, ideas to add to the culture and things to remove.

If you want to talk about the Normans, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1236

If you want to talk about the Hindi, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1238

If you want to talk about the Maya, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1243

RULES:

Keep the discussion civil, we're all friends here. If you disagree with someone's opinion, please, try to have a reasonable discourse.

This thread is about the Japanese. Any unrelated posts, memes, discussion, and etc will be removed. We're here for a very specific purpose - our Bushido aficionados.

Related to the above point, we do not want to talk about bug reports or the Japanese Creation Quest. Those are things that will be worked out later.

Millenaire is set in the 11th century. Keep that in mind when you discuss them. While Millenaire might be loosely historically inspired, we want to keep things focused on the 11th century.

Not that this should be a problem, but repeat offenders who refuse to play by these nice rules will be banned, and we don't want that to happen.

Have fun!
-Zoythrus

agon999

Re: Megathread: Let's Talk About the Japanese!

Post by agon999 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 am

the Japanese are broken in 6.0.0 in traded goods some prices are reversed and the chicken farm is broke unless you update the kitchen

Astrodude1789

Post by Astrodude1789 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:54 pm

What if we added Shoji doors on the houses? Different, moveable panels that can be placed throughout a build to add that touch of Japanese architecture.

Ilovewash

Post by Ilovewash » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Agree for the Shoji door. Usually I change all the doors with the Shoji doors from the mod MalisisDoors.

Also, I don't like very much the large house, the "Kai Ie". It's very pretty, but very empty. It would be better with an underground.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 am

I'm looking at Shoji doors, and I agree, Japanese buildings need those. But, will birch doors work?

About the Japanese trade prices, those will be fixed. Although, we do plan on adding a system that will let you sell at a higher cost than buying. So, this will be come a feature at some point.

The chicken farm is broken? How so?

Lastly, we'll be redoing the player houses so that instead of multiple buildings, a single house gets upgraded to max level. Honestly, though, the large Japanese house was my favorite. :P

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:05 pm

I still say we need paper wall doors that look like paper walls when shut and open like fence gates when open

Vuu

Post by Vuu » Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Japanese creation quest?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Vuu wrote:Japanese creation quest?
Ha yes, I hear there is talk of a quest update soon, maybe we will get some creation quests in that

DriLL mAn

Post by DriLL mAn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 am

I made an all-Japanese Lost City that feels straight out of Bleach! Traditional Japanese buildings mixed with modern ones that are all filled with demons of some sort. When a city building is cleared, townsfolk start walking thru it but you have to leave the doors open for them.

I would recommend to anyone who plays Millenaire to download the Colored Wood resource pack. It makes the buildings 1000% more interesting, esp Japan bcuz they use diff types of wood to build with so the buildings are all bright green and red. I saw one of those prayer arch things while I was in the boat and bcuz the wood was red it almost looked real.

Slash Blade is another good mod if you're playing in a Japanese village, but be careful cuz you can attack someone accidentally by right-clicking them.

One problem with the palace is that intruders can get in unless you build gates. Good guys can enter thru them but don't know how to open them to leave, so you have to leave them open like the doors to the buildings. I got rid of the gates but will prob build them back when it's nighttime. An intense battle happened when 3 mooses attacked my char's daughter and the mayor. One moose died but the other 2 killed the daughter and the mayor. Then they went after me but they got stuck in the doorway and I used arrows to kill them. The dead ppl will return when it's dark out!