Norse Culture

Discuss Millénaire in English
MrMerr

Norse Culture

Post by MrMerr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm

I feel like the addition of a Norse or Scandinavian Culture later in the game would be quite nice. Since Normans are present, the existence of Nordic people is pretty much confirmed, since the people of Normandy developed their own culture (Norman) when Norse raiders began to integrate with the locals of Normandy.

Plus, Scandinavian culture is quite interesting.

Zoythrus

Re: Norse Culture

Post by Zoythrus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:37 pm

This is an often asked question, but we're not planning on adding any Norse, as we feel that there'd be too much overlap with the Normans.

When choosing a culture, we want to make sure that the cultures are geographically, culturally, and mechanically distinct, and adding the Norse would compete too much with our current Viking-inspired culture without adding anything new.

Thank you for suggesting them, though!

felinoel

Re: Norse Culture

Post by felinoel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

MrMerr wrote:Since Normans are present, the existence of Nordic people is pretty much confirmed, since the people of Normandy developed their own culture (Norman) when Norse raiders began to integrate with the locals of Normandy.
Wait, what do you mean? All cultures are confirmed. Millenaire just takes Earth cultures and transports them to Minecraft.
Zoythrus wrote:This is an often asked question, but we're not planning on adding any Norse, as we feel that there'd be too much overlap with the Normans.

When choosing a culture, we want to make sure that the cultures are geographically, culturally, and mechanically distinct, and adding the Norse would compete too much with our current Viking-inspired culture without adding anything new.

Thank you for suggesting them, though!
Someone elsewhere recommended making the Norse a snowy culture, tbh I may try my hand at that in some point in the future, it sounds kind of fun, but it is unlikely it will be added to official Millenaire