Megathread: Let's Talk About the Maya

Discuss Millénaire in English
Zoythrus

Megathread: Let's Talk About the Maya

Post by Zoythrus » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 am

Hello, everyone! Zoythrus here, and we're going to talk about everyone's favorite cobblestone fetishists - the Maya!

Today's thread is going to be about the Maya, and only about the Maya. Here is where you want to talk about anything you want Maya related in the interest of helping us better the culture. Talk about what you like and dislike, what you find fun and what you find boring, ideas to add to the culture and things to remove.

If you want to talk about the Normans, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1236

If you want to talk about the Hindi, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1238

RULES:

Keep the discussion civil, we're all friends here. If you disagree with someone's opinion, please, try to have a reasonable discourse.

This thread is about the Maya. Any unrelated posts, memes, discussion, and etc will be removed. We're here for a very specific purpose - our jungle-dwelling friends.

Related to the above point, we do not want to talk about bug reports or the Mayan Creation Quest. Those are things that will be worked out later.

Millenaire is set in the 11th century. Keep that in mind when you discuss them. While Millenaire might be loosely historically inspired, we want to keep things focused on the 11th century.

Yes, we know that the Maya require a ton of cobblestone for their buildings. Please refrain from suggesting that we fix that, because we're still trying to find ways to do so. Trust me, there must be other things to talk about concerning the Maya than their cobblestone fetish.

Not that this should be a problem, but repeat offenders who refuse to play by these nice rules will be banned, and we don't want that to happen.

Have fun!
-Zoythrus

Ilovewash

Re: Megathread: Let's Talk About the Maya

Post by Ilovewash » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 am

Hi !

(Sorry for my bad English level, I hope you'll understand what I say)

So I'm playing with a military maya village just to see how it was (first time for me to play with them). I'm not finished yet, I'm like 8/10 on the creation quest and there's again 8 or 9 upgrading left for the main building

I love the culture, very nice, but here's some things that I don't like.
First, for the creation quest, I needed to found 2 buildings very far away, I walked like honestly, around 5 000 blocks. The wiki and even the informations that the game gave me told I had to find the buildings in a forest or in jungle. I found the first camp in a savanna, and I only looked for a forest or a jungle. Also, I don't know if the camps can spawn in like birches forests or only in a real "forest" biome. And I crossed so many forests before it actual spawn.

Anyway, later in the quest (careful, spoils in coming) in the pyramid when we need to go down in the lava, oh my god it's so hard, there's so many spawners ! I had to do it in creative mod (yes I know it's bad but my patience have limits)
Right after this, the man we delivered from the jail want us to come back to our village, talk to someone, then to go back see him. Yeh okay if you want but I had to walk thousands of blocks to do it.
Except that, I love the quest, specially when after killed everybody at the pyramid there's ghasts and blazes spawning around us.

I'll come back in a other post when I'll finish the village, this was my opinion for the main quest.

Zoythrus

Re: Megathread: Let's Talk About the Maya

Post by Zoythrus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 pm

All of the Creation Quests will be redone, and trust me, the Maya are getting some work.