Building range

Discuss Millénaire in English
Middelniht

Building range

Post by Middelniht » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that building in millenaire is a rather lengthy affair, especially in certain situations. Villagers tend to despawn from the building a lot, which has them having to walk back from their homes every 2-3 placed blocks. This makes building uneccesarily drawn out and frustrating.

Besides the pathing issues, there is the issue of range to consider. Norman Forts in particular are dreadful, where for the sake of moat-building the villager has to loop back and forth along the Fort endlessly if she doesn't respawn outright.

One way in which I thought this process might be smoothened is by extending the range at which a builder can place blocks. This means less walking-around, less despawning due to not being able to reach the next building spot easily, and an overall smoothing process.

I'm using an older version of millenaire (3.0.3r) together with the Tekkit Classic mod pack (which runs minecraft 1.2.5). Is there a setting I can tweak for this?

Zoythrus

Re: Building range

Post by Zoythrus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 am

Middelniht wrote:Hello everyone,

I've noticed that building in millenaire is a rather lengthy affair, especially in certain situations. Villagers tend to despawn from the building a lot, which has them having to walk back from their homes every 2-3 placed blocks. This makes building uneccesarily drawn out and frustrating.

Besides the pathing issues, there is the issue of range to consider. Norman Forts in particular are dreadful, where for the sake of moat-building the villager has to loop back and forth along the Fort endlessly if she doesn't respawn outright.

One way in which I thought this process might be smoothened is by extending the range at which a builder can place blocks. This means less walking-around, less despawning due to not being able to reach the next building spot easily, and an overall smoothing process.

I'm using an older version of millenaire (3.0.3r) together with the Tekkit Classic mod pack (which runs minecraft 1.2.5). Is there a setting I can tweak for this?
Optimizing building methods is definitely a concern of ours. We have a few thoughts on how to fix it, but what works and what doesn't simply revolves around testing.