[INFO Need] About children

Discuss Millénaire in English
oblisgr

[INFO Need] About children

Post by oblisgr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi,
I have a village with 3 different races. (humans, dwarves and elves). All belong to the same culture with just diferrent skins.

Right now i have 2 elf children and 1 empty building that in his txt i had defined that i can be equipped from dwarves.

When the elf children grow up they will change skin and become dwarves just to equip the house?
How this mechanism works?

MoonCutter2B

Re: [INFO Need] About children

Post by MoonCutter2B » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:40 pm

I don't actually know but I would think something like this:

- each race should have their own villager types for children and teens (if they still exist)
- each race should have their own goal for "grow up" (and maybe other goals too, e.g. make babies)

i.e. only elf kids can grow up to be elf adults.

I guess there are several files that has to be duplicated and adjusted accordingly.

One question is how to make sure that there are enough kids of each gender and race to actually move in to a house and what will happen with all the extra when the village is "done"?

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Each mother can have several babies since there is no limitation for birth as far i know.
There is only a children limit per village.

I cannot program new goals for creating children or make the grow on a specific type. This needs programming on the basic code of the mod. There is only 1 goal for them become adults.

Here is the plan.

1. To create different type of villages that will be populated only by a specific race. For example an elven village will start by having only elves and there will be only elven buildings. This is the easy way and I believe it will work.

2. To create villages that will be populated by many different villages (multi racial). I have to create at least 1 mother for each race at the start. There is no need to have fathers since there is no use of them on procreating. The birth is accomplished by time and nights. This is where i have th questions.

About having enough buildins. I dont really bother about it. The vreation of building as far i have noticed, is random. If the builder chooses to build a dwarf building, the children to move on there will be the dwarves. The problem is if the elven children move there and become dwarves. This will be annoying.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Update:

I just checked it!
The dark elf boy, became dwarf villager when it moved in dwarven house.
Failure :/

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:56 am

oblisgr wrote:Update:

I just checked it!
The dark elf boy, became dwarf villager when it moved in dwarven house.
Failure :/
That is how Millenaire is coded and there is no way for custom culture makers to change that.