Update on Millénaire

Discuss Millénaire in English
felinoel

Re: Update on Millénaire

Post by felinoel » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 am

GalianRyu wrote:
Hmm....That changes everything. It sounds like this is pretty close to what I was considering, maybe it just needs some refinement (since people have trouble with misplaced torches, signs, wrong type of chest, etc.)

I'll dig into the code and figure out where these tools reside and pull them forward when I am getting the custom content update ready.
Torches, signs, doors, trapdoors, and sometimes somehow even directional blocks like stairs have some weird issues.

Also having to write 'snow' on the fourth line when the snow is wanted to be exported is really annoying and was only added because Kinn was designing a VERY large building and accidentally started building into a snow biome.
If snow is on the build it is more often than not intentionally there and does not need to be automatically removed from the export image file... x.x

TerraNova

Post by TerraNova » Tue May 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Will you be updating this mod only to 1.8 or are you going to shoot for 1.9?

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Wed May 04, 2016 3:18 pm

iirc Gilian said in this or the other thread that 1.8.9 first, maybe with some changes and new stuff and then 1.9.
But rumor has it that forge for 1.9 is still not very stable so a lot of the bigger mods are holding back on trying to update to 1.9. Not sure of this is true or not.

Knoxxturre

Post by Knoxxturre » Wed May 04, 2016 7:09 pm

I see that Ticlon is going to add more to the Byzantine. Would someone help me get ahold of Rasseru and try and get him to do more with the Japanese? Like a creation quest or something. If anyone needs a tester, I would be glad to test once something is available!

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Knoxxturre wrote:I see that Ticlon is going to add more to the Byzantine. Would someone help me get ahold of Rasseru and try and get him to do more with the Japanese? Like a creation quest or something. If anyone needs a tester, I would be glad to test once something is available!
I was chatting with Galian a few months ago (right when he took up the project), and he said that he wanted the Creation Quests to follow a sort of grand "story." With that being said, I'd like to have Ticlon and Rasseru wait until we can plan out a more cohesive story idea. Yes, that means that the original CQ's might get a few tweaks here and there, so no content is safe.

Knoxxturre

Post by Knoxxturre » Thu May 05, 2016 1:43 am

Zoythrus wrote:
Knoxxturre wrote:I see that Ticlon is going to add more to the Byzantine. Would someone help me get ahold of Rasseru and try and get him to do more with the Japanese? Like a creation quest or something. If anyone needs a tester, I would be glad to test once something is available!
I was chatting with Galian a few months ago (right when he took up the project), and he said that he wanted the Creation Quests to follow a sort of grand "story." With that being said, I'd like to have Ticlon and Rasseru wait until we can plan out a more cohesive story idea. Yes, that means that the original CQ's might get a few tweaks here and there, so no content is safe.
Just as long as the community is revived and everyone works together I think this will all be possible. I just hope that more stuff will start to crank out soon. Do you know how the progress of the 1.8.9 update is going? Is it almost ready for beta testing?

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Tue May 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Time for someone to say something soon (I hope) ?

NinjAxStatus

Post by NinjAxStatus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39 am

hey, glad to see that there's work being done on updating to 1.8.9
I really love this mod, and can't wait to see an update. any word on how the update is going?

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 pm

NinjAxStatus wrote:hey, glad to see that there's work being done on updating to 1.8.9
I really love this mod, and can't wait to see an update. any word on how the update is going?
GalianRyu is a busy man. He's trying his best to juggle work, life, and his two mods (Millenaire included). Yeah, I know that we all want Millenaire faster, but he's trying the best that he can. We just have to be patient and supportive.

NinjAxStatus

Post by NinjAxStatus » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:28 am

Zoythrus wrote:
NinjAxStatus wrote:hey, glad to see that there's work being done on updating to 1.8.9
GalianRyu is a busy man. He's trying his best to juggle work, life, and his two mods (Millenaire included). Yeah, I know that we all want Millenaire faster, but he's trying the best that he can. We just have to be patient and supportive.

thanks for the response =] just been curious how things are coming along, and if you guys might need testers to help find bugs. i dont really know much about modding, or coding, but would like to help out in any way possible.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:37 pm

I've already reached out to Rass and he doesn't seem very interested.