Ideas for Millenaire for 1.9?

Discuss Millénaire in English
Zoythrus

Ideas for Millenaire for 1.9?

Post by Zoythrus » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:26 am

Hi, all!

As you all know, Minecraft is entering into version 1.9, aka "The Combat Update." With the addition of new arrow types, sword mechanics, shields, a new End, and a slew of other things, we're going to get a ton of space to grow Millenaire.

So, what do you think we should start planning on for 1.9? I realize that the 1.8 version of Millenaire is still being developed for 1.8, but it never hurts to plan ahead.

I'd like to see the Byzantines and Normans given shields. That'd be awesome.

Pavel2000

Re: Ideas for Millenaire for 1.9?

Post by Pavel2000 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:11 am

Maybe add a quest about this skeleton from the Byzantines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29fejX2UPoQ

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 am

Hi, it's been a while, long while, If i could make a suggestion, or several...
1. make shield's unbreakable but only stop so much damage, my main issue with the high level shields in Battle gear 2 is that they're so flimsy the mod had to be programmed so you can swap to a new one quick.

2. Give every culture a Quest to discover how to use the new materials found in the world to make a new class of weapons and armor better than their standard.
*Mayans/ MC Obsidian
*Hindis / Lapis Lazuli
*Japanese / Emerald
*Normans / Gold
*Byzantines / Diamond

3. Give the player the ability to mark other Players as hostile. furthermore, give the mod the ability to sense non vanilla mods and allow you to mark them as hostiles aswell, i'm so tired of mo'creatures mobs murdering my town.

4. Make new blocks similar to castle defenders have blocks that can be purchased from player made villages that spawn varying strength archers with the top tier being heavily armored and hard hitting with a long range.

5. Cultural absorption, defeating other cultures allows your culture to perfect aspects of your own, the normans may perfect pattern welding from defeating the japanese and make damascus swords after obtaining enough of the right japanese blocks and using them to upgrade their forge, while the byzantines could face the normans and create a specialized building to recruit some as varangian guards. attacking western bandits eventually gives you the ability to build a adventurers guild which creates small amounts of rare materials such as emeralds, diamonds and gold and makes adventurers who walk around the town defending it. Defeating enough japanese bandits will allow you to make spy units who look like normal citizens but they patrol at night and throw potions like a witch. both buildings and the units they spawn get stronger as they upgrade.

6. Super Specialized buildings for each culture. the byzantines get the obcultus diatriba which lets them build flame throwing units. the normans get the tent de la dame which spawns shield maidens lightweight low health warriors with quick and deadly seaxs. the hindi get the Phansigar Hideout which spawns a bunch of low health no armor low damage sthaga units that use bows to fight. the mayan get the Temple of baluc which spawns better units than normal in a smaller but requires rarer materials. finally the Japanese get the Mountain Temple which creates super strong swords that are dispersed amongst the military and spawns Sohei.

7. mounted units, for everyone but the mayans, who in turn get warrior priests which provide buffs to nearby units. the 4 culturethat had horses make them in different ways. the hindi have a building that makes horse units from food,the japanese from wood, the normans from iron, the byzantines from one iron and one gold. the hindi are the weakest with a light weight bahadur who attacks with a sword but does extra damage on military, the japanese bushi who attacks at range with a arrow and does good damage on villagers, the Norman Knight who deals good damage on in general, and the Byzantine Cataphract that deals high damage on Military and bandits. the mayans would in turn get a build called the temple that produces rare jewels and metals.

8. i don't know if this has been fixed yet but villages need to stay dead and disappear at all costs. no respawning this mod shouldn't move forward until it's fixed unless it's impossible.

9.razing, after you lose a fight but your village hasn't been destroyed you should lose one build at random. it just stops working like you deleted it.

10. occupation, after defeating a village you have a chance to take complete control of it. it's leader is replaced with a a subject who refers to you as my lord when you have less than 10 conquered cities and camps and my grace when you have more than 10. it still grows automatically and such but it sends a amount of resources depending on it's size to you daily. the chance of conquest is based on your current standing, the culture of the army you invaded with, and if you have any villages of the conquered culture under your control already. if you don't conquer the village it simply depopulates allowing you to wipe it out or respawn, however, some places feign service then rebel soon after, if this happens there is a chance of other cities and camps of the same culture rebelling as well and a smaller chance of conquered people of neither your or the rebelling culture to join in rebellion. when this happens there is no other choice but to wipe the city out.

HavenYaY

Post by HavenYaY » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:00 pm

gwyllgi wrote: 8. i don't know if this has been fixed yet but villages need to stay dead and disappear at all costs. no respawning this mod shouldn't move forward until it's fixed unless it's impossible.

9.razing, after you lose a fight but your village hasn't been destroyed you should lose one build at random. it just stops working like you deleted it.

10. occupation, after defeating a village you have a chance to take complete control of it. it's leader is replaced with a a subject who refers to you as my lord when you have less than 10 conquered cities and camps and my grace when you have more than 10. it still grows automatically and such but it sends a amount of resources depending on it's size to you daily. the chance of conquest is based on your current standing, the culture of the army you invaded with, and if you have any villages of the conquered culture under your control already. if you don't conquer the village it simply depopulates allowing you to wipe it out or respawn, however, some places feign service then rebel soon after, if this happens there is a chance of other cities and camps of the same culture rebelling as well and a smaller chance of conquered people of neither your or the rebelling culture to join in rebellion. when this happens there is no other choice but to wipe the city out.
I would like to echo 8 and 10. 9 sounds difficult to implement, but it would be cool too.

It would be nice if villagers would stay dead, and the remaining villagers eventually replace their role as they populate.

When you conquer a village, it would be nice to be able to install a new leader from the culture of your choice. The existing buildings of the conquered culture will function and upgrade the same under new leadership, but all new builds will be the type you would see in the villages of the new reigning culture.

gwyllgi

Post by gwyllgi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:52 am

HavenYaY wrote:
gwyllgi wrote: 8. i don't know if this has been fixed yet but villages need to stay dead and disappear at all costs. no respawning this mod shouldn't move forward until it's fixed unless it's impossible.

I would like to echo 8 and 10. 9 sounds difficult to implement, but it would be cool too.

It would be nice if villagers would stay dead, and the remaining villagers eventually replace their role as they populate.

When you conquer a village, it would be nice to be able to install a new leader from the culture of your choice. The existing buildings of the conquered culture will function and upgrade the same under new leadership, but all new builds will be the type you would see in the villages of the new reigning culture.

wouldn't it be easier to just add in new buildings to you list of what you can build that do the same as the conquered ones but require the enemies cultural material to build?