Incorporate Suggestions into main Forum?

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
kjdiehl

Incorporate Suggestions into main Forum?

Post by kjdiehl » Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 am

I feel like the threads on the main Forum page get plenty of attention, but the threads under the three sub-headings: Custom Content, Bug Reports, and Suggestions, get little attention because they are more obfuscated. The first two are esoteric enough that I think they're fine where they are- people will go to them when needed. But Suggestions benefits from having readers casually notice thread titles and chime in on the topics that interest them, rather than forcing them to consciously choose to look at suggestions by clicking on the category.

Would it be possible to move the suggestions threads to the main category, maybe with a [SUGGESTIONS] tag of some sort? And does anyone else think this is a good idea?

felinoel

Re: Incorporate Suggestions into main Forum?

Post by felinoel » Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Well the Suggestions and Bug Reports aren't for regular users, that is more for a unique few to look at and anyone else who wants to.
With it separated it helps the common user to not get confused.

kjdiehl

Post by kjdiehl » Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 am

I agree with you that Custom Content and Bug Reports are definitely more for the specific user who is seeking out specific info. But I feel suggestions are more for everyone. They definitely benefit with having as much people chime in as possible, to help brainstorm and such. I know that on other forums, like Minecraft Forums, for example, I enjoy just browsing thread titles, and if I see something catch my eye, I'll look at it. That behavior is limited here.

Saggaris

Post by Saggaris » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 pm

kjdiehl wrote:I feel like the threads on the main Forum page get plenty of attention, but the threads under the three sub-headings: Custom Content, Bug Reports, and Suggestions, get little attention because they are more obfuscated. The first two are esoteric enough that I think they're fine where they are- people will go to them when needed. But Suggestions benefits from having readers casually notice thread titles and chime in on the topics that interest them, rather than forcing them to consciously choose to look at suggestions by clicking on the category.

Would it be possible to move the suggestions threads to the main category, maybe with a [SUGGESTIONS] tag of some sort? And does anyone else think this is a good idea?
Well, I think as we all have access to all of the forums it's best to keep 'Suggestions' in a class of it's own, that way we can easily identify new replies and new suggestions, also, by having suggestions under a separate tag it saves them from being 'lost' in the 'general' forums... there are only three pages (at the moment) of Suggestions but there 26 pages of general posts to search through to see if someone has already suggested something.

Perhaps both of us are feeling that the way we see and do things is the most common or popular way and feel 'everyone does that' we could be wrong!
you see, I 'ALWAYS' go straight to the Suggestions' tab and see is anyone has come up with a bright idea to make my game even more enjoyable, only after that do I look for whatever else has been discussed, you, on the other hand, might perhaps ignore the 'Suggestions' tab and look at the latest posts right in front of you, I don't know!

Though felinoel's comment about suggestions being 'not for the regular user' is a bit disconcerting, I feel myself to be a regular user and it's my first port of call. (I tried to get the colour right but it's on the lighter background)

I have though found suggestions in the 'general' forums too, perhaps I should drop back to the first post when I have time and have a good look at some of the things discussed earlier... I'd rather be playing though.