Ancestral Puebloans (Hisatsinom)

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
JoeyJoJo

Ancestral Puebloans (Hisatsinom)

Post by JoeyJoJo » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am

I know that everyone and their mother has made suggestions for new cultures, but here I go anyways. The Hisatsinom ("the ancient ones" in Hopi), also known as the Anasazi ("ancestral enemies" in Navajo), lived in what is now the Four Corners region of the Southwest United States. They are called Puebloans because they lived in pueblos, which were flat-roofed houses made of adobe, and by around the year 1000 CE, stone. Perhaps the most spiritually significant building was the kiva, an underground square chamber with a small hole, called a sipapu, in the north part of the floor.

The Hisatsinom would live in the mesa biome, soon to be renamed the Badlands.

felinoel

Re: Ancestral Puebloans (Hisatsinom)

Post by felinoel » Mon May 21, 2018 1:17 pm

JoeyJoJo wrote:I know that everyone and their mother has made suggestions for new cultures, but here I go anyways.
Well go for it, make the culture!
Would love to see this.

kjdiehl

Re: Ancestral Puebloans (Hisatsinom)

Post by kjdiehl » Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 am

Would be especially cool if you could figure out how to make the pueblos spawn more in the sides of the mesas, and also have the many buildings be frequently attached to each other. That definitely sounds like a lot more work, but it was one of the most striking aspects of those homes when I visited Colorado and toured the ancient sites.

Lots of ladders, too!