Feature Request: keep paths cleared of snow

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire

Feature Request: keep paths cleared of snow

Postby kjdiehl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm

The new(er than Millenaire's original) grass paths in Minecraft have a great feature where snow doesn't collect on them. Not necessarily realistic, I know, but very welcome. Any chance of implementing this in Millenaire's various dirt, stone, etc path blocks? Maybe even adding the slightly lower top level that the MC grass paths have?
kjdiehl

Re: Feature Request: keep paths cleared of snow

Postby MauveCloud » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 pm

The Minecraft Wiki page about grass paths doesn't mention this feature, so idk if it's entirely deliberate or just a side effect of them being 15/16 height, and I wasn't sure how useful it would be, since most of the Millenaire villages I'd seen had been in biomes where snow doesn't fall on the village. However, I've now been in a Japanese village in Ice Plains which has had enough snow that I can't even make out most of the village paths, except in a few places where slab-sized pieces were used or the path was close enough to torches that the snow layer didn't form. Thus I am strongly in favor of preventing snow from forming on them, though this may have some additional side effects like also preventing torches from being placed on them. I'm not picky about whether they have the slightly-reduced height to match vanilla-MC grass paths, though.
MauveCloud

Postby felinoel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 pm

I did see a post by Kinn saying he was reducing the height of path blocks to 15/16 so hey is that is what stops the snow from landing that should work!
felinoel

Postby kjdiehl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 pm

felinoel wrote:I did see a post by Kinn saying he was reducing the height of path blocks to 15/16 so hey is that is what stops the snow from landing that should work!

Fingers crossed that this is the case! I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
kjdiehl

Postby MauveCloud » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Technically, it is the value returned by the getBlockFaceShape method for the top face that affects whether snow layers can form on them. I haven't totally confirmed that it won't happen with new snowfall, but clearing snow from paths in a village that had snow fall in an older build will cause a bunch of adjacent snow layers to disappear from above path blocks (it doesn't happen automatically when loading the chunks with the updated Millenaire).
MauveCloud

Return to Suggestions